Anyone apply for a passport lately???

Razorbackfan2010

I was just wondering if anyone has applied for a passport lately?? If so, how long did it take you to get it? We are taking a daughters 16 year old friend with us on a cruise leaving on March 17th. Her parents just took her to apply for her passport last Wednesday. I want to feel comfortable with the time frame, but you just never now.

Hi Razorbackfan. As long as they used the in-house service at the Post Office and paid the extra (about £9) where it is all checked there, it should be back within 7 days. Think mine was back within about 4 days - so quick.

Have a wonderful cruise..........

I was just wondering if anyone has applied for a passport lately?? If so, how long did it take you to get it? We are taking a daughters 16 year old friend with us on a cruise leaving on March 17th. Her parents just took her to apply for her passport last Wednesday. I want to feel comfortable with the time frame, but you just never now.

Sorry, just seen you are from USA - I was talking about the UK!!!!!

• 1 month later...
My son's is expired also and we are cruising March 23rd. I was debating whether to send in the renewal. If I didn't get back the renewed passport in time, I would also be without the birth certificate since you have to send that in also.

I'm glad to hear the turnaround times are quick . . maybe I'll go ahead and do it.

Just wanted to add that my son's renewed passport was in the mailbox ten days after sending it off. I was impressed!

I applied for mines on 2/23.

Still nothing in the mail. Should get something anyday now.

When I check status of it online it just says still processing.

Just to give you a heads up, I work at a PO where we do passports and we have been doing a ton of them lately and I'm not sure exactly why. So if we are doing a lot, it's safe to say others aces are as well. So the processing centers may be a little slow right now. Im not 100% sure but I believe that you can add expediting after the fact. I'm not sure when your cruise is but you may want to look into it?

Just to give you a heads up, I work at a PO where we do passports and we have been doing a ton of them lately and I'm not sure exactly why. So if we are doing a lot, it's safe to say others aces are as well. So the processing centers may be a little slow right now. Im not 100% sure but I believe that you can add expediting after the fact. I'm not sure when your cruise is but you may want to look into it?

Thanks for the information Sorin174

I am actually doing a land based trip in a little over 5 weeks. I should defintiely have something by then. Ill keep checking the website for updates.

I'm from MI and had to renew my passport due to name change (marriage). I expedited mine just to be safe and had it in one week....sooner than my new drivers license and I did them on the same day! Not that my results are typical, the earlier you can do it the better for these kinds of things!

On 2/26. I applied for new passports for my daughter and a replacement passport for my self. And we got then on 3/16. The state dept website said 3/18. So about 3 and half weeks. I applied at the local library. As the post offices listed on the website were no longer doing thenp

• 3 weeks later...

My two DD's passports arrived in 19 days. These were new minor applications. We did them at the post office. Because of Easter, you could actually say that we got them after 12 business days. We didn't expedite either.

OTOH, my DH and I did renewals and mailed them out priority on the same day. We haven't gotten them yet. I'll update when we do.

Archived