Disembark/flying home question-help!

mginde1

HI all,

We will be on the March31st Valor. On the 7th it shows on the itinerary 7am back in San Jan. Does 7am mean that will be the time they will be pulling up, or will that be the time they will be letting people off?

I guess the real question is, will we make a 10am flight home to NY?? Has anyone been able to do this, or is this just crazy chancing it?

I appreciate any kind of advice

san juan probably has 4 ships unloading on sunday so that may be 10k passengers heading to the airport and san juan airport is super, super slow. even if you self-debark and get off by 8 that is still 30 minutes to get a cab and get to the airport and then you have to go through several different lines. i think your chances of making a 10am flight are slight to none.

HI all,

We will be on the March31st Valor. On the 7th it shows on the itinerary 7am back in San Jan. Does 7am mean that will be the time they will be pulling up, or will that be the time they will be letting people off?

I guess the real question is, will we make a 10am flight home to NY?? Has anyone been able to do this, or is this just crazy chancing it?

I appreciate any kind of advice

Haven't flown out of San Juan personally, however friends did and they had difficulty meeting an early afternoon flight.

Others who have done it will respond, however personally I wouldn't want to end a vacation rushing and stressing to meet a flight.

Have a great cruise !

We few out of San Juan a few years ago. We had to go through customs at the airport besides at the port. a 10 am flight might be really tight. I believe the 7am is docking time, but the boat must be cleared before anyone is able to get off. YOu could do a self assist as soon a possible to, and you may make it. I am too much of a chicken though. Good luck

Thanks for your responses! I'll be taking the 2pm flight out now

Good decision! Besides customs at the ship, there's an agricultural inspection at the airport, check-in line with the airline and security. All of these airport lines are long on Sundays when several ships are in port. I had a 1:00 PM flight and was nervous about making that. You definitely made the right decision choosing the 2:00 PM flight.

Archived