Very disappointed with Celebrity treatment over shortened Summit cruise

Hutchins

Gee, can we argue about dress code again? Or smoking?:D

To the OP and all like minded who were directly affected by this, feel free to vent here, but please also follow through with the line to try to get the satisfaction (either monetary or verbal apology) that you seek. It'll provide infinitely more satisfaction than this debate.:)

To everyone else, you are unlikely to change anyone's mind with your verbal parrying, and, while I might agree with you about the compensation question, it has reasonably been pointed out by both sides that a one-size-fits-all offer rarely will fit all, and thus my recommmendation that the affected contact the cruise line.:)

ANd NEVER wear white dinner jackets on formal nights after Labor Day unless cruising in the Tropics while smoking on the wrong side of the ship, holding your diapered baby over the hot tub while reserving three chairs with his diaper bag, your walkie talkie, and your cell phone!;)

ANd NEVER wear white dinner jackets on formal nights after Labor Day unless cruising in the Tropics while smoking on the wrong side of the ship, holding your diapered baby over the hot tub while reserving three chairs with his diaper bag, your walkie talkie, and your cell phone!;)

Awww, you forgot the part about the iron and the candles :( !

All of you who cite the contract fail to look at one particular aspect, while it does allow things to be cancelled, no court of law would absolve Celebrity of having to return monies to the customer for failure to deliver.
My point precisely in my quote of the contract language. While Celebrity allows itself to drop you anywhere, cancel any number of days of the cruise, or cancel the whole cruise, for that matter, it is not absolved of reasonable compensation for the service they contracted to provide APART from specifics of the itinerary. In other words, if they agreed to put you up for 7 nights on one of their ships, they could, for any of the reasons specified, leave the ship docked in Vancouver for a week (now there's an itinerary change!), but they should house and feed you for that period of time. No one will successfully make any claims for "pain and suffering" <grin> with the existing wording, but it seems to me that a fair claim against non-delivery of a contracted service would still apply.

Celebrity makes it clear that they are under no obligation to compensate their passengers for any inconvenience or monetary loss suffered as a RESULT of itinerary modifications (the practice of offering compensation for this is duly noted, but it is not required by Celebrity's contract), but I see no language where Celebrity attempts to avoid responsibility for the loss of x number of days of housing and feeding their passengers.

What if they returned to port after one day, and X tried to keep the entire cruise fare. Signed or not, a court of law and the credit card companies would certainly look at X and require a settlement.
...or just cancelled a cruise altogether for whatever reason? That's certainly happened, but they've been very good about dealing with that. I've heard of returning the entire cost of the cruise and adding a free 7 day to it. Granted, that doesn't help when people have scheduled precious time, but it's not bad, and is about 100% more than Celebrity appears to be obligated to provide.

As to the issue of 25% vouchers and $300 credits. Again, offering a discount against a future purchase assumes that any particular person can (due to the restrictions) or even desires to purchase that product. No question that this is nice for those that can use it and wish to do so -- they make out handsomely on this deal -- but is very presumptuous. As to the latter, a fixed price per cabin also seems entirely inappropriate. 1/7 of whatever was paid for the cabin seems a far more equitable approach to the loss of 1 of 7 days of a cruise.

As has been pointed out ad nauseum, the figures do not appy to suite passengers and they should be asking for more compensation. We all know now who does and doesn't travel in the PH Suite. I've been in it too, big deal.

If you look at Celebrity's website for next May you will find CC for about $1400 dollars pp. If you use a key account TA, you should get it for about $1200 pp.

MOST I say MOST of the passengers have been fairly compensated.

I guess if I felt I got ripped off I'd also be looking for some cheese with my whine.

Once again I am deeply disappointed by the rather callous attitude displayed...Rather than disagree with sound reasoning as most have done, a thoughtless comment was made.

By the way--I hope you enjoy your FREE cruise and full refund from Celebrity for the considerable inconvenience I'm sure you encountered by the canceling of your cruise. Of course, following the thinking of many of the posters on this thread, fair compensation would have simply been a refund of the price you paid for the cruise. I doubt your attitude would be the same had they simply refunded your cruise amount and left it at that.

hmmmmmmmm.......and we also know who cares about the little guys.

What little guys are those? I assume you must consider yourself one of the big guys. I don't judge people by their accommodations but apparently you do. I've sailed in all kinds of cabins and enjoyed all of them. There was only one point being made and that was that most of the passengers received their 14% plus 25% off on another cruise.

Ma Bell!

That's a matter of opinion, as to weather the posters felt that they received their 14.2%. 25% off a future cruise is only a piece of paper; $300 was not for the return of 1/7th of their fare, nor was the $200 airfare/hotel amount. The little guys in this case, and I accept the bad choice of words, refers to all those so-called non-Celebrity loyalists, who believe that they have been wronged by the non-caring corporate monster, who can do no wrong.

Further agrument will serve no useful purpose, so I propose a duel at halftime of the first Sun Devil football game. We can hurl tortillas at 10 paces. Much like Olympic fencing, the first to get 3 hits shall be declared the victor.

I give up. I would be willing to bet that MOST of the passengers got their 14% of with just the $300. Then if they got another $200 plus the 25% off they did alright. Since CC is the highest of the balcony categories I'm sure there would be many who paid $1000pp or less for a MAY Celebrity cruise when rates are lower than they are later in the year. I really don't see what the argument is. As I said from the beginning, those who paid a lot more should pursue it farther. Yikes!:eek:

Sorry Ma...but under no conditions can we root for U of A. Our son is a graduate of ASU and in fact lives in Scottsdale, we live in Laguna. It's just my office that's in LB. We still attend all home and most away FB games. Just booked New Orleans for the second week in Sept. for the LSU game.

My oldest son graduated in 1988 and another son in 1994. Our third son went to U of A but got his MBA at ASU. Our daughter graduated from U of A in 1993, but her husband is from ASU. So are we acceptable? We started going to ASU games in 1968 and have been fans ever since.

Archived