New to NCL

brensr41

I am thinking of trying the NCL Sun to Alaska.This would be our first NCL cruise and do we really not have to pack any formal wear? Are there every waits for dinner? The freestyle thing has always scared me a little but I guess it is because we are used to the other way. Are we making a good ship choice(fits our dates perfect)? Thanks in advance for the help and as I think of more questions i will post more.

Please try using the search function. There are lots of threads on freestyle, that ship and that itinerary.

Quickly though, you are correct. There is no need to bring dress clothing. You don't need anything nicer than jeans, sneakers and a decent shirt to dine in any venue at any time. Here's a thread on dress code.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1780856

Think of NCL dining like a normal restaurant. You show up when you want and where you want (aside from specialty restaurants, where reservations are suggested), and if you're there at the busiest times you might want a little for a table. Most don't wait, but if you do it's generally 10 minutes or so.

The Sun to Alaska is still my very favorite cruise!! And yes....there is no need to bring dress clothes! ;)

You say Freestyle scares you.....I know the feeling except NOT going with Freestyle scares me!! I can't imagine having to dress up on vacation unless it was something I wanted to do. Do I ever dress up on NCL? Yes....but it's when I want to dress up, not when the cruise line says I have to! :eek:

No worries...you are in for a great time!!

Archived