Ruby Eastern Caribb--which ports have wifi?

ntengwall

Hi--We leave for our Easter Caribbean cruise on the Ruby this Sunday but one of my sons (16 years old) is staying home (his choice--silly boy!). I am trying to decide if I want to purchase internet minutes to keep in touch with him but since this is a fairly port-intensive cruise, I'm wondering if I could just get away with taking my iPad and emailing from the ports (Princess Cays, St Thomas, St Maartens & Turks).

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Hi--We leave for our Easter Caribbean cruise on the Ruby this Sunday but one of my sons (16 years old) is staying home (his choice--silly boy!). I am trying to decide if I want to purchase internet minutes to keep in touch with him but since this is a fairly port-intensive cruise, I'm wondering if I could just get away with taking my iPad and emailing from the ports (Princess Cays, St Thomas, St Maartens & Turks).

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Nicole, have you joined our Roll Call? Informal Sailaway party at Outriggers Bar (aft pool). See you on board!

Nicole, have you joined our Roll Call? Informal Sailaway party at Outriggers Bar (aft pool). See you on board!

I have joined the roll call but I'm not sure I will be able to commit to the party since we're traveling with 6 other people and I have my 2 kids with me. As much as I'd love to, I just don't know if it'll work out with all our other family.

i purchased the small internet package for $72(??) for 100 minutes (i think) that worked OK...(just like the old days where you loaded the emails, logged off, then read everything and send responses, then logged back on to send everything)

We were at sea 3 days so it came in handy - in St Thomas there is a small bar just outside the security area to the right that has free WiFi and in St Martin, we saw two places just outside the dock area as well as a couple resturants in town that allow access... I checked at each port and the signal was not available from the ship, so you really need to go onto shore to get the free signal

have a great trip

Cliff in Cinti

Calling on a cell phone from St. Thomas to the US is the same as calling anywhere in the US so this might be a fun opportunity to call home with no extra fees or maybe use the internet on your cell phone :)

This will depend on your provider. I'm on Verizon, which does not have coverage in St Thomas so they do consider it international roaming.

Archived