Carnival Glory Review-Eastern Caribbean Jan 27-Feb 3

Ciardasully

I was so excited to see your review. We are going on the same cruise on March 10th. We are even doing the golf carts in Grand Turk. Did you go to other bars besides Jacks Shack? Did you go to the conch graveyard?

How much does "faster to the fun" cost. Never heard of it?

What time did you do your meet and greet on the first day? We are trying to decided what time to do it.

When you signed up for the cheers program, where you still in port? Did you have to pay local taxes on that?

Thanks for all the pictures. I am so excited!!

I was so excited to see your review. We are going on the same cruise on March 10th. We are even doing the golf carts in Grand Turk. Did you go to other bars besides Jacks Shack? Did you go to the conch graveyard?

What time did you do your meet and greet on the first day? We are trying to decided what time to do it.

When you signed up for the cheers program, where you still in port? Did you have to pay local taxes on that?

Hey there, We went to another bar right in Cockburn Town, and the "bar" at the light house where I had a Turks Head. Jack's Shack was the best. We did not go to the conch graveyard because I couldn't really remember where it was, and the bad map they give you is no help, but I am sure if I would have asked a local, they would have pointed me in the right direction

Faster to the Fun is the program where you essentially pay $50 per stateroom for the benefit of being platinum - You get on the boat first, you can get off first, you have a priority line at Guest Services, and if you tender you get priority tender (No tendering on this cruise). It was certainly worth it.

The informal meet and greet was I believe at 2:00 at the aft pool bar.

You don't pay taxes on the program itself. It comes to $691. You pay taxes on the drinks you get while in port. So you will see charges for 63 cents or so on your drinks on you Sign and Sail account. You will pay taxes in Miami and in San Juan. I don't believe we paid in St. Thomas.

Hope that helps. If you have any other questions, Ask away!

Edited by bmckim

What a great pictures and a great review. Alot of time went it to it. Will be on the Glory in 2 weeks, taking our 12 year old grandson with us. He got a kick out of all the food pictures, says he will not be trying anything "weird". I hope we have just as much fun as you did.

Thank you and I hope you enjoy your cruise with your grandson. I can't blame him on the food. Bryon is the adventurous one.

Cracking review folks. Its an awful feeling when it ends.

We spent our last full day in America at Gulfstream Racecourse as that where our friends were going and we had nothing planned. Didnt win anything but had a lovely meal at the Irish Bar on the upper level.

Would love to cruise with you guys sometime.

At the moment we have to wait till 10th June when we board the Splendour in NYC.

Yes it is awful. My vacation is truly over. I will just have to re-read it. And we didn't win anything at Gulf Stream either but I did have some waffle fries.

Maybe we will get to cruise together sometime in the future!

Great review, cuz! Looks like you and Bryon had an amazing time. You both looked so happy in all the pics. I love it! So happy for you two! The Alchemy Bar looks fun! Love all the fort pics in San Juan...I love an old Spanish fort. Can't get much cooler than that for us history nerds. Someday you will have to go to St. Augustine so you can check out the Castillo De San Marcos.

I couldn't find my ancient CC acct (I think I started it back in 2005 when I was planning my trip with Tadd and Rick on the Triumph!), so I started a new one. Getting ready to plan our sailing on the Breeze. This time it might be just me and Tadd, which is absolutely fine. Still trying to convince a few others to go, but all else fails, it will be a romantic trip for 2. :D

I am so glad you commented Cuz! We were happy (and the Alchemy Bar may have played a role, haha.) The Caribbean has a lot of cool stuff for a History Nerd like us.

That would have been cool if you still had your old CC account! You should totally do a Breeze review when you get back!

lol.....we were on the same cruise and loved it! I see my husband in one of your pictures posted.....getting his luggage!! We also had faster to fun pass. What a great trip we had on the Glory! Loved reading your review! ;);)

Too funny! I am sorry I missed you on the ship :(

I see Bryon answered your questions. He's the planner of this couple. I just wanted to tell you to have a good time on your cruise! So exciting!

Hey there, We went to another bar right in Cockburn Town, and the "bar" at the light house where I had a Turks Head. Jack's Shack was the best. We did not go to the conch graveyard because I couldn't really remember where it was, and the bad map they give you is no help, but I am sure if I would have asked a local, they would have pointed me in the right direction

Faster to the Fun is the program where you essentially pay $50 per stateroom for the benefit of being platinum - You get on the boat first, you can get off first, you have a priority line at Guest Services, and if you tender you get priority tender (No tendering on this cruise). It was certainly worth it.

The informal meet and greet was I believe at 2:00 at the aft pool bar.

You don't pay taxes on the program itself. It comes to $691. You pay taxes on the drinks you get while in port. So you will see charges for 63 cents or so on your drinks on you Sign and Sail account. You will pay taxes in Miami and in San Juan. I don't believe we paid in St. Thomas.

Hope that helps. If you have any other questions, Ask away!

When you had the golf carts in Grand Turk, were you able to just park it somewhere and walk around or go into a bar?

When you had the golf carts in Grand Turk, were you able to just park it somewhere and walk around or go into a bar?

Yes. I would park it and take the key. Did that at Jack's Shack and left it there for a few hours. The place downtown we went just parked it on the side of the street.

the Kmart in St. Thomas was, in fact, the cheapest place to buy liquor so we had to check it out. So we walked to Kmart, which wasn't far but be beware of the drivers on the road. They are crazy!

HoneymoonCruise449.jpg

can you describe where the Kmart was in St.Thomas--we may want to pick up some soda there. I know where the tram is, radio shack. Thanks.

Baically when you face tram area which way do you walk and how long? We have walked to downtown Charlotte Amalie but one way is enough for us!

can you describe where the Kmart was in St.Thomas--we may want to pick up some soda there. I know where the tram is, radio shack. Thanks.

Baically when you face tram area which way do you walk and how long? We have walked to downtown Charlotte Amalie but one way is enough for us!

I think it may be in the same plaza as the Radio Shack. If you walk up the same street from the tram going away from the port (Don't turn left to go towards downtown) It will be a couple tenths of the mile on the left. You can probably see the sign for the K-Mart from the Ship.

I think this link will work for google maps.

I walked back to the ship carrying 12 liters of liquor. Can't be that far if my arms didn't fall off. :)

Edited by bmckim

What a GREAT review! Love all the information and the pictures! Congrats on your wedding! I looks like you had a great time! We are doing this cruise the 24th and are excited! So, am I correct in this - elegant nights were Nassau and Grand Turk, right? Want to make reservations for the steakhouse, but not on those nights!

We were on this cruise with you and were one of your neighbors. Loved the Just Married sign on your door. We had cabin 7453. Noticed one of our dining room waiters is in your picture from the tea time. He is from Bali. We did not attend the meet and greet. This was our 6th cruise all on Carnival, so we do compare crew/ships to the others we have sailed. We felt this was a wonderful very friendly crew. We both liked the ship but I felt the Lido deck was very windy when the ship was moving.

Wishing both of you a long wonderful future together. Glad your first cruise hooked you to go on more.

What a GREAT review! Love all the information and the pictures! Congrats on your wedding! I looks like you had a great time! We are doing this cruise the 24th and are excited! So, am I correct in this - elegant nights were Nassau and Grand Turk, right? Want to make reservations for the steakhouse, but not on those nights!

You are correct about the formal nights. We made our Steakhouse Reservations on the night we were in St. Thomas because we were in port till 6 pm. Made reservations for 7:30.

We were on this cruise with you and were one of your neighbors. Loved the Just Married sign on your door. We had cabin 7453. Noticed one of our dining room waiters is in your picture from the tea time. He is from Bali. We did not attend the meet and greet. This was our 6th cruise all on Carnival, so we do compare crew/ships to the others we have sailed. We felt this was a wonderful very friendly crew. We both liked the ship but I felt the Lido deck was very windy when the ship was moving.

Wishing both of you a long wonderful future together. Glad your first cruise hooked you to go on more.

Aw, that wasn't us. We were in room 7434. I am sorry we missed you! :(

You are right, the crew was amazing. I forgot to write about the time we used the hot tub on the Serenity. It was so windy and water kept sloshing in my face!

Aw, that wasn't us. We were in room 7434. I am sorry we missed you! :(

You are right, the crew was amazing. I forgot to write about the time we used the hot tub on the Serenity. It was so windy and water kept sloshing in my face!

I just looked at the deck plans. You guys were just around the corner from us but not in the cabin I was thinking of.

Sorry we missed meeting up. Due to some health issues (none contagious! and was cleared by doctor to cruise) I was not suppose to drink alcohol :eek:and tended to sleep a lot because of medications so we didn't mingle very much this cruise and just hung out in the cabin or on the balcony. I was hoping to not have to much sun on the balcony but that didn't happen (had to avoid sun due to medication). I was the crazy lady swimming/snorkeling in the long sleeve white t-shirt in St Thomas and Grand Turk. Which worked because I did not get sunburned!

Once again congratulations on your wedding and wish a long life of wedded bliss!

Loved loved loved your review I'm going on this same exact cruise in may.. Here is my question besides karaoke with a live band do they offer it with regular music as well. My wife loves karaoke and don't want to be limited to just singing with a band