Carnival Glory Review-Eastern Caribbean Jan 27-Feb 3

Ciardasully

Loved loved loved your review I'm going on this same exact cruise in may.. Here is my question besides karaoke with a live band do they offer it with regular music as well. My wife loves karaoke and don't want to be limited to just singing with a band

Yes, much more frequently. Maybe not once a day, but probably close to it. The Superstar Live was only once during the cruise.

You did an excellent review. I enjoyed the photos and your writing. I was on Glory in Sep 2012 on the Canada/New England sailing out of NYC. The 4 ports (BOS, Portland, St John and Halifa were great for walking/touring on your own. You should give the Canadian ports a try.

It was nice seeing this Glory review especially since I had just sailed on her in September. I enjoyed seeing so many familiar photos of the ship.

Also excellent port and food photos. Enjoy your future sailings and thank you for all the work you did on the review.

You did an excellent review. I enjoyed the photos and your writing. I was on Glory in Sep 2012 on the Canada/New England sailing out of NYC. The 4 ports (BOS, Portland, St John and Halifa were great for walking/touring on your own. You should give the Canadian ports a try.

It was nice seeing this Glory review especially since I had just sailed on her in September. I enjoyed seeing so many familiar photos of the ship.

Also excellent port and food photos. Enjoy your future sailings and thank you for all the work you did on the review.

Thank you so much! When I was preparing for the cruise, I felt there were too few reviews of Glory so I was happy to write one. :) We will definitely do the Canada trip someday.

I wanted to say thanks for posting such a great review with all the photos. Congratulations to you both on your marriage and first time cruise. You make a cute couple and I enjoyed your sense of humor and the anecdotes you shared. Sounds like you had a wonderful time.

My husband and I set sail on Feb 17 on the Glory (Western Itinerary) to celebrate our 5th anniversary. This will be our first cruise and your review and photos really helped us get a better idea of what to expect on the ship. I am really excited after reading it. :D I hope we have as much fun as you!

I wanted to say thanks for posting such a great review with all the photos. Congratulations to you both on your marriage and first time cruise. You make a cute couple and I enjoyed your sense of humor and the anecdotes you shared. Sounds like you had a wonderful time.

My husband and I set sail on Feb 17 on the Glory (Western Itinerary) to celebrate our 5th anniversary. This will be our first cruise and your review and photos really helped us get a better idea of what to expect on the ship. I am really excited after reading it. :D I hope we have as much fun as you!

Thank you so much for your kind words! I am glad you enjoyed the review. And I am glad you got an idea of that the ship was like. This was our first cruise and there were very few Glory reviews. Congratulations on your anniversary! I am sure you will have a blast on your Western Caribbean cruise.

Great review! We will be on the Glory at the end of March. Couple questions:

1) Were you able to get your passport stamped at every port? (Cool idea! Never would have thought of that!) If so, could you list where to get the stamps?

2) Did you watch any of the Dive-In movies? If so, what movies did they show?

Thanks!

Great review! Heading out on this same ship/itinerary next week. Question for you - can you recall exactly when you arrived in St. Thomas, and how long it was between arrival and when you could debark? Doing an "on our own" excursion and trying to plan ahead. Thanks very much!

Great review! We will be on the Glory at the end of March. Couple questions:

1) Were you able to get your passport stamped at every port? (Cool idea! Never would have thought of that!) If so, could you list where to get the stamps?

2) Did you watch any of the Dive-In movies? If so, what movies did they show?

Thanks!

We only get them (We only sought out) in Nassau and in Grand Turk. In Nassau when you get off the ship as you walk towards the mall they make you walk through go left and you need to go into the port office. It's the bright yellow building with the tower you will certainly see. We had a military guy stop us to try to get us to go through the mall. We told him we wanted our passports stamped and he said OK. Go in the office and ask them and they will direct you down the hall.

In grand turk, immigration is not in the port. If you are renting a golf cart or get a taxi, it is really easy to get to. We went to the immigration office which is in a new building(I guess the local said it keeps moving) called "Three Degrees" which is a set of three buildings just passed the airport across from the Catholic Church. There is no immigration sign, but it does say three degrees outside. I think my wife took a picture and put it in the review if that helps. You can also ask a local, they are super friendly. Or you can go to the airport which some people said they stamped it there.

We did not watch any of the movies. As I recall, a couple days they had a concert on there (I think Michael Jackson one day). But we did not spend really any time on the sunloungers on the lido deck because we had an awesome big balcony with a sunlounger and would go out there if we wanted to hang outside.

Edited by bmckim

Great review! Heading out on this same ship/itinerary next week. Question for you - can you recall exactly when you arrived in St. Thomas, and how long it was between arrival and when you could debark? Doing an "on our own" excursion and trying to plan ahead. Thanks very much!

I don't know. I feel like we pulled in right at 10:00 and did not get off until probably closer to 10:15-10:30 but I'm not completely sure. Also because you dock later in the morning, there was definitely more of a line to get off then the 7am port stops. Hope this helps!

thanks for the trip'down memory lane.

joe and i didnt make it to the first meet and greet. we'kinda got stuck in the ending traffic of that marathon. Many, many school buses transporting runners some where...what a mess.

what should have taken about 30 minutes turned into 2 hours...thank gof it was not a metered taxi.

on tuesday at our paid party-that was the day i got really sea sick...first time in 18 cruises and after drinking that one drink it played havoc with me so we had to leave.

we payed for 32 people. 2 people didnt show up and there was 35 people present. Cant believe they count-lol

i see you took our photo while you were waiting for the question and answer session with Josh.

that was different and very nice. its something i really hope he continues.

we had an amazing time. we booked the glory to canada for august 19th to take our grand daughter.

Ps. i have the kids 12 - 14 age group papers if interested

Edited by serene56

• 1 month later...
Great review. We have have sailed on the Glory twice (nov. 11 & nov. 12). We are also sailing on her in March and June of this year.

We just love this ship - the best crew in the fleet.

We also sailed on Glory in Nov 12...over thanksgiving...We liked the ship, especially the upgrades...but found it to be one of our least favorite cruises. Dining room was COLD and needed a sweater to sit in it. Food was cold most everynight....and we thought the team work with the crew in the dining room needed a LOT of improvement.

woo hoo. im booked on the glory to canada but we are going on the 19th, did you just book? i booked while on the ship. and last week the prices came down 3 times. keep watching the fares. we stared at 579 pp for an inside cabin. now we are at 399 for an inside on the lido

We got a good rate at the Ritz Carlton in Coral Gables. It was still a little more than most of the other hotels but we thought that since it was our honeymoon, we may as well live it up. Here is a pic of our room. Quite a contrast from the night before!

HoneymoonCruise137.jpg

We then decided to get a late lunch in Little Havana and then we took a spin down South Beach. And we got to see a Carnival ship leaving!

HoneymoonCruise146.jpg

Just curious if this looks familiar to anyone...

HoneymoonCruise161.jpg

We had dinner at a El Carajo International Tapas and Wine. It's crazy because it is a fancy restaurant in the back of a gas station. You wouldn't even know it was there. We were definitely the least dressed people there. The food was delicious. Unfortunately I did not get any photos.

And lastly, the geek in me got excited at seeing the Southern End of Interstate 95.

HoneymoonCruise167.jpg

Up next: Boarding!

Enjoying your review. Congrats on your wedding, and it looks like you really had a wonderful time by your pictures. Great job, keep 'em coming.

We got up the next morning and went to church and then had breakfast at Versailles. Luckily we didn't get caught in any Miami Marathon traffic. We dropped our rental car off at Miami Airport and then took the Alamo shuttle to the Port. Yay!

HoneymoonCruise172.jpg

Debarkation craziness!

HoneymoonCruise174.jpg

Bryon had purchases FTTF and it was awesome. We checked in and were called a little after 11, maybe 11:15. Definitely worth the money.

HoneymoonCruise175.jpg

HoneymoonCruise176.jpg

Before the cruise Bryon and I watched

video around 0:45 the person in the video enters the cruise ship. (If I am not supposed to link YouTube videos I apologize) Bryon wanted to have his own "not on vacation...not on vacation...on vacation!" moment.

HoneymoonCruise177.jpg

Love, love, love the video (not on vacation, on vacation), it was great!

Thanks so much for taking the time and effort to post the review of your cruise on the Glory! There aren't many reviews of the Glory reflecting the post-2.0 upgrades. DH and I also took a delayed honeymoon cruise with Carnival but on the Miracle. It got us hooked on cruising! We will be on the Glory in July for a trip to Canada. Seeing your pics of the ship and the food got me even more excited for our cruise! Congrats on your marriage!

We also sailed on Glory in Nov 12...over thanksgiving...We liked the ship, especially the upgrades...but found it to be one of our least favorite cruises. Dining room was COLD and needed a sweater to sit in it. Food was cold most everynight....and we thought the team work with the crew in the dining room needed a LOT of improvement.

That's a bummer. I am sorry you didn't have a good time.

Its me again!! We decided on a 5 day Canada cruise from NYC(sailing date August 5th). Can't wait to sail on the upgraded Glory. Still love your review

Thank you! I hope you enjoy your cruise. We hope to do the Canada intinerary at some point.

woo hoo. im booked on the glory to canada but we are going on the 19th, did you just book? i booked while on the ship. and last week the prices came down 3 times. keep watching the fares. we stared at 579 pp for an inside cabin. now we are at 399 for an inside on the lido

Have fun!