Carnival Glory Review-Eastern Caribbean Jan 27-Feb 3

Ciardasully

Thanks so much for taking the time and effort to post the review of your cruise on the Glory! There aren't many reviews of the Glory reflecting the post-2.0 upgrades. DH and I also took a delayed honeymoon cruise with Carnival but on the Miracle. It got us hooked on cruising! We will be on the Glory in July for a trip to Canada. Seeing your pics of the ship and the food got me even more excited for our cruise! Congrats on your marriage!

Congratulations on your marriage and honeymoon! I had noticed the lack of reviews while waiting for my cruise. I read many reviews of other ships but few of the Glory. We live in Albany and do hope to cruise out of NYC at some point. Either on the Splendor or the Glory.

Congratulations on your marriage and honeymoon! I had noticed the lack of reviews while waiting for my cruise. I read many reviews of other ships but few of the Glory. We live in Albany and do hope to cruise out of NYC at some point. Either on the Splendor or the Glory.

Thanks, Ciardasully! Yes, sailing out of NYC is a must do. It's really something seeing the skyline and Lady Liberty from aboard your ship. We are actually sailing out of Boston on the Glory because we found a better fare for our Canada cruise, but I'm sure we will try the Splendor out of New York at some point!

• 3 weeks later...
I may live in New York now but I am a New England girl (born in Boston, moved to Maine as a kid) and since US Route 1 is a major road in Maine, I wanted to get my picture by the beginning of US Route 1. I have been to the end of US Route 1 in Fort Kent, ME and I was so excited to see the beginning.

HoneymoonCruise023.jpg

We then walked to Mallory Square and saw the sunset.

HoneymoonCruise037.jpg

After we had dinner at Amigo's Tortilla Bar. It was so good. I could not finish my food. My eyes were bigger than my belly! Bryon was smart and only got three tacos but the platter was only a dollar or two more. I should have just had the tree tacos!

HoneymoonCruise051.jpg

We then went to a few bars until we wound up at a Red Sox bar! My kind of place.

HoneymoonCruise057.jpg

Have this tanktop, it's one of my faves. :D I came upon that place totally by accident as I was heading back to my car to drive back home.

We made it through the hordes of people trying to get us to take their tour or ride their taxi, etc. It's easy to be turned off but we all have to make a living.

Bryon and I are not big beach people. We do like to swim but we would rather look at historic sites and government buildings. We are nerds like that. I was a history major in college. What can I say?

Bryon had found a walking tour on Frommers.com. So off we went. Almost immediately was Houses of Parliament.

HoneymoonCruise279.jpg

HoneymoonCruise280.jpg

Court. It's a culture shock to see how different their government buildings are to the United States. Hardly any security. We had gone in and asked if court was in session and the gentleman working said 10 am but we never made our way back. I know...who likes to watch court while on vacation? The attorney and the history geek do.

HoneymoonCruise282.jpg

National museum.

HoneymoonCruise283.jpg

A Nassau street

HoneymoonCruise290.jpg

What an interesting day you must have had.

Thanks for the great review. We are on Glory in July. Was on sister ship Conquest last year and a couple years before. I did notice something on your review. Did it show where you were on tv the whole time? I don't remember that on the Conquest but maybe it was.

You said it was rocky a couple days. We may get into some of that going to Canada so what it side to side rocky or up and down rocky?

Thanks, Ciardasully! Yes, sailing out of NYC is a must do. It's really something seeing the skyline and Lady Liberty from aboard your ship. We are actually sailing out of Boston on the Glory because we found a better fare for our Canada cruise, but I'm sure we will try the Splendor out of New York at some point!

I would love to see either Boston or NYC. We pretty much live 3 hours from both so we wouldn't rule out sailing from either port. I hope you enjoy your Canada cruise!

Have this tanktop, it's one of my faves. :D I came upon that place totally by accident as I was heading back to my car to drive back home.

I thought about buying it but sadly I didn't :( We were actually at a bar next door and my neighbor (a yankees fan!) texted me and told me to look for the Red Sox bar. I am glad I did. They were laid back and but the Buffalo Sabres game on for Bryon so he was happy.

Thanks for the great review. We are on Glory in July. Was on sister ship Conquest last year and a couple years before. I did notice something on your review. Did it show where you were on tv the whole time? I don't remember that on the Conquest but maybe it was.

You said it was rocky a couple days. We may get into some of that going to Canada so what it side to side rocky or up and down rocky?

Are you going on a Canada cruise? I hope you have a good time.

I believe the "boat channel" was channel 14 but Bryon would remember that. We are kind of nerdy so we liked the boat channel.

I believe it was rocky up and down. It didn't actually bother me. In fact, I slept like a baby from the rockiness. But Bryon learned on this trip that he is prone to seasickness but luckily lots of other passengers told us some remedies.

Yes we are going on the Canada cruise. The seven night one. Going with friends that we met on a cruise three years ago.

If you stop in Bar Harbor, ME, say hi for me. I am actually from that area. If I ever stop there, I will have my parents meet me for lunch.

• 8 months later...

just spent almost an HOUR reading ur review.. sadly i have to go to work now :( but i WILL finish it tonight. its my kinda review. lots of pics!!! and few paragraphs to read Lol/ cant wait i may be booking this ship but diff Itin in a few days . thanks!!

just spent almost an HOUR reading ur review.. sadly i have to go to work now :( but i WILL finish it tonight. its my kinda review. lots of pics!!! and few paragraphs to read Lol/ cant wait i may be booking this ship but diff Itin in a few days . thanks!!

I am glad you are enjoying the review. I found when we were waiting for the cruise that there weren't many Glory reviews so I wanted to put one out there. And like you, I like lots of pictures too!

I am so excited that you are going to book! Are you doing the Western Itinerary?

Just finished reading your review. You had a lot of great pictures. I am glad you had a great time. Please write another review the next time you cruise. Best wishes for a great life together.

I am so sorry :o I never responded to you. Thank you so much for your kind words and I do intend to do a review of our upcoming Sunshine Cruise.

One of your first posts asked if anyone knew where the picture was taken. It had to be on Ocean Drive in South Beach, 1/2 block from the Beacon Hotel. The Johnny Rockets was the giveaway.

Haha. You are the first person to answer that! We cruised by there while in South Beach because it was a scene from the movie Scarface, which is one of my husband's favorite movies.