Carnival Glory Review-Eastern Caribbean Jan 27-Feb 3

Ciardasully

Minnesota! I hope you caught your flight and made it home with no incident?

No problem getting home-had to brush off 6 lovely inches of snow from the car. Toes cold from walking in the snow with sandals. Back to the grind-just when is my next vacation?

Cracking review, I am really looking forward to more.

The kilt is wonderful.

I took the kilt with me when we done our silver wedding cruise last March and I was 'the talk of the steamie' An old Scottish saying for when people are commenting on something. The something is the talk of the steamie ala the kilt.

Had plenty of glam women wanting to have their picture taken with me. Made the wife quite jealous yet proud at the same time.

The big fella carries the kilt well and does it proud!!!!!

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1606188

Somewhere in there there are pics of me with the kilt on.

Edited by HappyChappy

The kilt is wonderful.

I took the kilt with me when we done our silver wedding cruise last March and I was 'the talk of the steamie' An old Scottish saying for when people are commenting on something. The something is the talk of the steamie ala the kilt.

Had plenty of glam women wanting to have their picture taken with me. Made the wife quite jealous yet proud at the same time.

Thought I'd just take a look at the kilt and read your review. It was great! Thanks so much!

OP, love your pics and review! Good job!

The kilt is wonderful.

Thank you my friend. The other gentleman in the Kilt and I had a great talk about our Burns Nichts we were missing while on the cruise. I had a few people take pictures with us. One of the great parts as well was when one of the Food & Beverage Managers who was from Scotland walking past Alchemy while we were there stopped came over and had a whole conversation about clans and tartans. I am certainly glad I packed the Kilt!

So excited to read your review. My husband and I are going on our first cruise on Carnival Glory in May leaving from Norfolk with our two daughters 16 & 22. Very excited but also a little nervous. Can't wait to see more.

Congrats on your marriage! Great review so far! Looking forward to seeing more soon. We are cruising the Glory in May out of Norfolk- our second cruise.

Question about the Cruise Critic boarding party and private event- is this something that happens often? All the time? Who sets it up? Didn't know if this was a standard happening or something a group on here just set up for your particular cruise.

Thanks!

Question about the Cruise Critic boarding party and private event- is this something that happens often? All the time? Who sets it up? Didn't know if this was a standard happening or something a group on here just set up for your particular cruise.

Thanks!

We actually had 2 "parties" while on the ship. The first one was informal on the first day, and I believe someone contacted Carnival because they put it in FunTimes. The second one was more organized, and was an open bar for an hour for $11.50 per person. This was one of those great ideas then the Cheers program happened and it didn't really matter for the open bar. But nonetheless they were both fun. Someone just needs to organize it by contacting Carnival's group dept. Your roll call is a great way to get interest on who would be interested in what.

Thank you my friend. The other gentleman in the Kilt and I had a great talk about our Burns Nichts we were missing while on the cruise. I had a few people take pictures with us. One of the great parts as well was when one of the Food & Beverage Managers who was from Scotland walking past Alchemy while we were there stopped came over and had a whole conversation about clans and tartans. I am certainly glad I packed the Kilt!

I enjoy wearing the kilt but it requires a special occasion.

I usually go for a national tartan like spirit of Scotland or Spirit of Bannockburn.

Both very nice blue/purple tartan. There is also the flower of Scotland which has the St Andrews cross throughout the pleats. Looks brilliant.

I enjoy wearing the kilt but it requires a special occasion.

I usually go for a national tartan like spirit of Scotland or Spirit of Bannockburn.

Both very nice blue/purple tartan. There is also the flower of Scotland which has the St Andrews cross throughout the pleats. Looks brilliant.

One of my groomsmen wore the Spirit of Scotland. I love the tartan really sharp and stands out.

Thank you for your nice comments everyone!

Wednesday we were due to arrive in St. Thomas in 10 am. Bryon and I had breakfast in the Golden Dining Room. I forgot to get breakfast photos but the French Toast was good and Bryon had the Eggs Benedict and he enjoyed them.

Here are some pictures of arrival in St. Thomas.

HoneymoonCruise373.jpg

HoneymoonCruise377.jpg

HoneymoonCruise379.jpg

HoneymoonCruise383.jpg

This is a pic of two awesome friends we made during our trip!

HoneymoonCruise385.jpg

First we went to Havensight to do some shopping. My amazing husband bought me some pearls. Also, he wanted to check liquor prices. He had a price list from New Hampshire to compare prices. Remember, I am from Maine, so when we visit my parents, we sometimes stop in New Hampshire though their prices are not as good as they used to be.

HoneymoonCruise393.jpg

Then we went to go take the tram up to Paradise Point.

HoneymoonCruise394.jpg

HoneymoonCruise395.jpg

HoneymoonCruise397.jpg

HoneymoonCruise410.jpg

And we made it to the top! What a view!

HoneymoonCruise416.jpg

More pictures from the top.

HoneymoonCruise419.jpg

HoneymoonCruise420.jpg

Bryon and I sat at the bar. They had an array of beer.

HoneymoonCruise422.jpg

And I couldn't resist the Bushwacker! It was just like a milkshake.

HoneymoonCruise425.jpg

HoneymoonCruise423.jpg

We were amused to find out that the Virgin Island Beer Bryon was drinking was brewed by Shipyard Brewing in Portland, ME. Just seeing Shipyard brings back college memories for me. We did learn from the bartender that the recipe is their own, they just contract Shipyard to brew it.

HoneymoonCruise426.jpg

Edited by Ciardasully

Another pic from the top

HoneymoonCruise428.jpg

And all good things come to end. Time to take the Skyride back down. We had the pleasure of being in a car with a bunch of workers from the Norwegian Sun and we got to hear all about the love lives of their friends/co-workers.

HoneymoonCruise432.jpg

HoneymoonCruise445.jpg

Bryon was not satisfied with the prices of liquor prices at Havensight and he had read online that the Kmart in St. Thomas was, in fact, the cheapest place to buy liquor so we had to check it out. So we walked to Kmart, which wasn't far but be beware of the drivers on the road. They are crazy!

It was funny. We enter Kmart and Bryon bumps into an old high school classmate of his from Saratoga, NY. How random.

We check the liquor prices and it is true. The prices are less. The only downside of that Bryon will have to carry his purchase back to the ship but Bryon, who is a numbers guy and did a cost-benefit analysis, decides it's worth it.

HoneymoonCruise449.jpg

HoneymoonCruise450.jpg

The crew member collecting alcohol seemed shocked at the amount we bought. He said it was the most he has ever seen. It was a lot but I didn't think it was THAT much.

Great review ! How did you get the alcohol back to NY ? Did I see you two at Alive at Five last summer. :D

Very Carefully packed in our luggage and checked. I was planning on shipping it back (Yes it was that cheap) but we had space in our luggage. Brought back 12 liters.

Probably did not see us at alive at five. I usually stay far away from there on those days. :) Working downtown makes it crazy on Thursdays

Edited by bmckim
Edit.

After we dropped off our alcohol, we decided to take a taxi downtown. Let's just say, I thought I was going to die on that trip but we made it downtown.

Here is a picture of some shops.

HoneymoonCruise453.jpg

We went to The Big Kahuna Rum Shack for lunch and drinks. Bryon had some local beer and I got a Bushwhacker. I did not care for this Bushwhacker as it was more like a slushy instead of a milkshake. For lunch I had an amazing quesadilla and Bryon had a Caribbean Cordon Blue Flatbread. I forgot to take photos of the food. :(

HoneymoonCruise455.jpg

HoneymoonCruise457.jpg

Bryon had ordered a lemonade crush which was freshly squeezed. It was delicious. I had to pace myself and was still nursing my slushy Bushwhacker.

HoneymoonCruise456.jpg