So Who's Sailing the Splendor When She Comes to NY Town?

MrPete

[quote name='canadiangal40']We are sailing on the Splendor on Jan. 20/14, this will be my 3rd cruise and this is the first cruise for our kids ages 14 and 12. We were lucky and got one of the secret cabins, alot larger and booked the kids across the hall in an inside cabin. Great prices. We will be driving to New York from New Brunswick, CANADA. 345 days to go![/quote]

Secret cabins??? Which cabins are these?

• 1 month later...
[quote name='Cyber Kat']Amen to that! Love that sail down the Hudson. We were very late boarding one time and got to sail away in the dark with all the lights. It was amazing![/QUOTE]

We were on the Miracle on the 9/11/11 sailing and Carnival, at the behest of a Cruise Critic group, delayed the ship's sailing and then stopped the vessel dead at the WTC area so we could watch the light beams come on. They also brought a bagpiper aboard to walk the decks.

I've got pictures, but don't know how to post them.

[quote name='foilman2002']We were on the Miracle on the 9/11/11 sailing and Carnival, at the behest of a Cruise Critic group, delayed the ship's sailing and then stopped the vessel dead at the WTC area so we could watch the light beams come on. They also brought a bagpiper aboard to walk the decks.

I've got pictures, but don't know how to post them.[/quote]

Upload them to a free site like Photobucket.com, and then post the links.

Here are the pictures from 9/11/11, thanks MrPete! (hope they work)

[url]http://i784.photobucket.com/albums/yy129/foilman2002/Carnival%20Miracle%209-11-11/IMGP4871-1.jpg[/url]

This was taken a little later on Freedom Tower is still on the left:
[url]http://i784.photobucket.com/albums/yy129/foilman2002/Carnival%20Miracle%209-11-11/IMGP4884.jpg[/url]

Later still, we are still sitting in position:
[url]http://i784.photobucket.com/albums/yy129/foilman2002/Carnival%20Miracle%209-11-11/IMGP4890.jpg[/url]

Lady Liberty as we sailed away, sorry for the blur and darkness:
[url]http://i784.photobucket.com/albums/yy129/foilman2002/Carnival%20Miracle%209-11-11/IMGP4894.jpg[/url]

We just got off the Splendor today. We were on from Santiago (Valparaiso) Chile. I liked the ship. As long as you remember that you can only walk forward to aft on public decks 5 and 9, you'll do ok. Overall, the crew were great, very friendly and seemed happy to be on the ship, Malcolm was fun and he did a good job under some challenging circumstances at times. The ship was clean and well maintained. The food was hit and miss at times, but that may have been due to the length of the cruise and they had some issues getting provisions in South America. I liked the Burrito Bar and the Rotisserie, my BF liked the Tandoor (I don't like Indian food). Overall we like the ship and will sail on her again.

[quote name='carynh']We just got off the Splendor today. We were on from Santiago (Valparaiso) Chile. I liked the ship. As long as you remember that you can only walk forward to aft on public decks 5 and 9, you'll do ok. Overall, the crew were great, very friendly and seemed happy to be on the ship, Malcolm was fun and he did a good job under some challenging circumstances at times. The ship was clean and well maintained. The food was hit and miss at times, but that may have been due to the length of the cruise and they had some issues getting provisions in South America. I liked the Burrito Bar and the Rotisserie, my BF liked the Tandoor (I don't like Indian food). Overall we like the ship and will sail on her again.[/quote]

Thanks! Did you eat in the steak house? Did they have an Asian food? They had an Asian station on the Miracle, Legend and Victory that had these great spring rolls and cellohane noodles. I'm hoping to find something similar - not that I think I'll be lacking for things to eat :-)

I heard the rotisserie was good - I want to try that. I might get brave and try the Tandoori. Was the Deli good - my DH likes the Deli for lunch.

I was going to book the Splendor for July, but it wasn't going to get the 2.0 upgrades before then and I saw the waterslide on the Breeze and that was the answer for me.

The itinerary for the Breakaway just doesn't interest me. Bermuda, eh. But I definately want to try the Breakaway. Maybe over the Thanksgiving holiday (the itinerary would have changed by then).The itinerary is one I have done before but I don't mind. Hopefully the price goes down or we will be on the Splendor.

[quote name='Cyber Kat']Thanks! Did you eat in the steak house? Did they have an Asian food? They had an Asian station on the Miracle, Legend and Victory that had these great spring rolls and cellohane noodles. I'm hoping to find something similar - not that I think I'll be lacking for things to eat :-)

I heard the rotisserie was good - I want to try that. I might get brave and try the Tandoori. Was the Deli good - my DH likes the Deli for lunch.[/quote]

We didn't eat in the steak house but heard it was good. I don't remember seeing an Asian food area. They have the Sushi Bar on deck 5 which also served other things on some days. I had the deli 2 or 3 times and thought it was good as well.

Archived