So Who's Sailing the Splendor When She Comes to NY Town?

MrPete

I don't know much about the Splendor. Does it have the 2.0 upgrade yet? If not when will it be done?

What are the differences of this Ship since it is the only ship in its configuration?

Does Splendor have Guy's Burgers?

no fun ship 2.0 upgrades :(

Will be on the June 26 sailing with my hubby and 2 sons. Also joining us is my sister and her family, my parents, my mother in law and my husbands 3 siblings and their families. Had narrowed it to the Splendir or the Breeze out of Miami. I would have preferred the Breeze but with so many people, the cheaper cost and the lack of flying the Splendor made more sense. Hope no-one is disappointed as I was the "organizer" of this trip and most of the others have never cruised before!

DH and I are booked on the Splendor for May 17th. We are sad the Miracle is leaving, but excited to explore a new ship!

We also love the fact that we an drive to the port. The airfare from Montreal is always soooo expensive ! :mad:

No shows? Yikes. My family won't be happy if that is the case.

What were the shows on the regular Mexican itinerary?

Maggie

Don't remember the exact shows but I remember we saw at least two in November.

Hoping the Splendor has better luck on the East Coast.

We are also on the 4/23/13 sailing. Jumped on the price for an inside spa cabin, we couldn't get a hotel alone for that price. April is my 55th birthday so might as well celebrate. I like the inside pool area option, so hopefully that will work out well if it's cool (or COLD lol). I didn't see a role call for that date but I'll look again. Happy sailing everyone, we did this itinerary twice on the Miracle and it's great for beach people like us! Happy Sailing everyone!

We are also on the 4/23/13 sailing. Jumped on the price for an inside spa cabin, we couldn't get a hotel alone for that price. April is my 55th birthday so might as well celebrate. I like the inside pool area option, so hopefully that will work out well if it's cool (or COLD lol). I didn't see a role call for that date but I'll look again. Happy sailing everyone, we did this itinerary twice on the Miracle and it's great for beach people like us! Happy Sailing everyone!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1676309

There ya go:D

We thought about the Splendor but decided to pay a wee bit more and go on NCL Breakaway, their new ship with a homeport in New York City, except that NCL goes to a private island instead of Freeport.

Is it still Great Stirrup Cay? Hope that place has changed. Was a bit disappointed 24 years ago. And then completely spoiled by Castaway Cay.

Is it still Great Stirrup Cay? Hope that place has changed. Was a bit disappointed 24 years ago. And then completely spoiled by Castaway Cay.

Yes, NCL has made a ton of improvements to the island. It is a nice island, and they should be done with the upgrades within a year or two

we are on the june 2 cruise . we booked this cruise over 450 days out and got a great rate and the money we saved on no airfare we splurged and have our first aft wrap:D

We've got an aft wrap for the 6/10 cruise - it's our first too! Can't wait!

No Guys burger but there is a burrito bar and a tandoori grill area. Also a rotisserie chicken area upstairs (with mac and cheese). No one finds this until about the third day - usually always a place to sit.

We are going on the Miracle repositioning to Long Beach. Never been to NYC so this will be quite the experience. Spirit class ship is my favorite, but the Splendor is nice (and big).

No Guys burger but there is a burrito bar and a tandoori grill area. Also a rotisserie chicken area upstairs (with mac and cheese). No one finds this until about the third day - usually always a place to sit.

We are going on the Miracle repositioning to Long Beach. Never been to NYC so this will be quite the experience. Spirit class ship is my favorite, but the Splendor is nice (and big).

Would LOVE to do the Miracle repo cruise. NYC is awesome and I live right next door in NJ. The sail away down the Hudson is great - lots of other boats with people waving. Skyscrapers on both the NY & NJ side. Palisades on the NJ side opposite the cruise ship piers. Sail past the Statue of Liberty (gives me chills EVERY time), Ellis Island. Wave to the passengers on the Staten Island ferry - who are probably green with envy because you are starting out on a cruise and they are getting off in a few minutes! ;)

Sailing under the Verrazano Bridge - looks like the Whale Tail's gonna buy it every time! Coney Island rides on the left - Jersey Shore on the right!

I agree. :(. I'll be taking one last cruise on her before she goes....had to do it lol.

But I'm booked on the Splendor for June 2nd, & am quite excited about exploring a new ship! I'm also hoping all her propulsion issues are resolved...

Yes..issues are resolved. Just returned from 15 day Hawaiian on the Splendor. Don't get too excited folks.

Did you not enjoy the ship? What were your issues other than propulsion? Do you enjoy Carnival in general?

Thank you.

We had no issues with the propulsion. That happened 2 cruises before us. If you go to the Roll Call section for Splendor Kruizing Kahuna's......read the last 3 pages. Most of us came back with the same opinion....(although we met GREAT people).

I don't mean to be a "Debbie Downer". We waited 2 years for this cruise. We even have her booked out of here in NYC and contemplating changing it. So very disappointed in just about everything and this was not a cheap vacation for us. We are very glad to be home. Sorry.

Would LOVE to do the Miracle repo cruise. NYC is awesome and I live right next door in NJ. The sail away down the Hudson is great - lots of other boats with people waving. Skyscrapers on both the NY & NJ side. Palisades on the NJ side opposite the cruise ship piers. Sail past the Statue of Liberty (gives me chills EVERY time), Ellis Island. Wave to the passengers on the Staten Island ferry - who are probably green with envy because you are starting out on a cruise and they are getting off in a few minutes! ;)

Sailing under the Verrazano Bridge - looks like the Whale Tail's gonna buy it every time! Coney Island rides on the left - Jersey Shore on the right!

Wife's gonna love reading this. Really builds up the excitement. Thanks Kath!!!

Archived