So Who's Sailing the Splendor When She Comes to NY Town?

MrPete

First class change I think since the Glory first came to town, unless you include the Dream's pitstop when she came to town.

It's gonna be a race of time between her and the Breakaway, and based on what itinerary Splendor offers, which I have not even looked at yet. However, ports are second to me when I explore a "new" ship. Yet, the call of Bermuda is loud and clear.

The wait may be over......

First class change I think since the Glory first came to town, unless you include the Dream's pitstop when she came to town.

It's gonna be a race of time between her and the Breakaway, and based on what itinerary Splendor offers, which I have not even looked at yet. However, ports are second to me when I explore a "new" ship. Yet, the call of Bermuda is loud and clear.

The wait may be over......

We considered it for our next cruise but decided to stay with the Pride because she stops in Port Canaveral and our son wants to visit SeaWorld on the cruise (the tradition in our house is that the HS Senior that year picks where we go for April vacation). DW and I will be keeping the Splendor in mind, though.

We are sailing on the Splendor this summer because Breakaway, while the itinerary is way more preferable for us, was too expensive.

Our Splendor itinerary is Nassau (yuck to me), Grand Turks, and HMC (which makes up for how much I hate Nassau).

There are other itineraries offered as well (San Juan, St. Thomas), but that is the one that worked with our available dates.

We are sailing the Splendor 8 day as well in late July.

The prices are ridiculous.. but compared to a 7day out of Florida PLUS flights, we decided this was the way to go.

HMC was the selling point for us. If it was just Nassau and Grand Turk, we would have sailed out of Florida.

I am looking forward to going on a new ship for us!

Catrin

We are sailing the Splendor May 25th and June 2nd. Nice to see a new ship in NYC. Sad to see the Miracle leave though.

I agree. :(. I'll be taking one last cruise on her before she goes....had to do it lol.

But I'm booked on the Splendor for June 2nd, & am quite excited about exploring a new ship! I'm also hoping all her propulsion issues are resolved...

DH and I are booked on the Splendor going to Bermuda for April 16th. We are super excited as we will be spending a couple of days on Long Island visiting our DD and DS-I-L before our cruise. Plus new ship and new itinerary for us! Much to look forward to!

We are on the 10th June sailing.

Only choose this because it allowed us to spend a couple of days in NYC either side of the cruise.

Cant wait.

Have a relative in Greenock. Was hoping to see a visiting ship at the port but no luck. I'm 0/3.

We've been on the Miracle many times out of NY so are pleased to see a "new to us" ship taking her place. We're booked on the May 1 cruise and are also looking at either Sept 6 or Sept 22nd

Ssshhhhhh. Don't tell anyone but Sept 22 will be a Premier. Hopefully they give us some good offers.

Theres plenty of cruise ships come into Greenock during the summer.

What 0/3?

3 visits to Greenock/ 0 ships.

We stay primarily in Stirling, so it's a bit of a trip just to see a ship.

And I tried a summer visit there once. Didn't care that it never got dark dark! :D "Sunrise" at 3 AM was painful!

3 visits to Greenock/ 0 ships.

We stay primarily in Stirling, so it's a bit of a trip just to see a ship.

And I tried a summer visit there once. Didn't care that it never got dark dark! :D "Sunrise" at 3 AM was painful!

Here is the 2013 schedule from the Inverclyde Now website.

http://www.inverclydenow.com/sp/8031-cruise-ships-visiting-greenock-2013

Hope this helps for this year.

Notice in September the Carnival Legend is popping in.

I think that might be the 1st time a Carnival ship will be in Greenock.

I booked the Splendor - Jan 20, 2014 Port Canaveral, Nassau and Freeport sailing. It is a year away but I could not pass up the good pricing for an 8 day cruise and it fit into my travel dates. I am more of a ship person so the overalll cruise/ship experience is more important to me than the ports. I will probably rent a car at Port Canaveral explore the area. In the Bahamas, I will visit the hotels and the beaches.

I live on Long Island so being able to cruise out of NYC and avoid a plane trip can't be beat. You also can't beat sailing out of NYC and seeing the Statue of Liberty and sailing under the Verazzano Bridge. Awesome.

Archived