Romance Packages

RedLightVegas

Has anyone done any of these on NCL? I am looking at the honeymoon package for our next cruise. It includes dinner at Le Bistro which I really wouldn't want to eat at. Does anyone know if you can replace it with a different place as long as the cover charge isn't any higher than Le Bistro?

Also, when do you set up your massages and what not? Do you just order online and then set everything up once onboard?

Hiya. I don't have first-hand experience, but I asked a very similar question and also researched the packages on this board a few weeks ago, and can tell you what I found out.

The general consensus seemed to be that the canapes and the tea service were not great. The sparkling wine is their bottom-of-the-barrel house stuff. (Also, if you happen to have a suite, you already get the breakfast in bed and canapes, included with your room.) The price of getting everything together isn't actually a discount versus getting the items a la carte.

The only advantages would be if you aren't in a suite, then you can get the expanded suite-level breakfast room service menu for your "breakfast in bed" and you can get the 25-minute massages, as the least amount of time normally available is 50 minutes.

For me, it wasn't worth it. I decided to pick and choose what I did actually want--chocolate covered strawberries and a nicer bottle of champagne in our room on embarkation day. And we'll buy the 3-restaurant cover charge package and ultimate beverage packages once onboard.

I guess I'm just a simple ghetto fabulous country bumpkin cause the romance package look SO special. :rolleyes: I ordered one for my husband and I.

I'm looking forward to the cheap champagne and other goodies delivered to my hole in the wall cabin.:D

i ordered the anniversary package and my wife loved the roses that was delivered in the room on embarquing day.

The champagne that came with it was never open as we had plenty of Moet bottles all week but we drank it at home with orange juice.

I think that you can request to replace it with a red or white wine.

The chocolate covered strawberry were excellent.

We went to the bistro and we were very happy with our meal.

As for the canape, i think my 4yo can do better... We were not impress and they went in the garbage.

Mike

I ordered a Romance Package for a family member on their cruize and the flowers were absolutely beautiful, They loved dinner at Le Bistro -said it was amazing. It also included and 8x10 photo as well as some canapes one afternoon. It was money well spent as the flowers alone lasted the entire cruise and were a bit hit.

And we'll buy the 3-restaurant cover charge package and ultimate beverage packages once onboard.

I'd been told the 3-restaurant cover charge was only available online and NOT aboard ship. Has that changed or is that a ship by ship thing?

DML

Yeah I really don't think we're going to do it. The only thing I would want out of it is the dinner and the massages but two 25 minute massages doesn't seem worth it. We'll probably just stick to nice dinners a few nights on the cruise and get a massage onboard once we're in Nassau since they're cheaper in port. By the way, does anyone KNOW the price difference between the port and sea day massages?

Also, what was the 3-restaurant cover charge? How much is it and what restaurants does it include?

When we got the honeymoon package last year, the massages had to be used on port days. In Hawaii this wasn't an issue as they spend a long time in port. However, had we done this on our Sky/Bahamas cruise, I wouldn't have been too happy about it as they don't spend a long time in any of the ports.

As for swapping out Le Bistro, that seems to depend on the ship. Some will let you do it, some won't.

The canapes aren't worth it. As for the rest of the package, it depends on if you're going to use everything or not. Most of it can be ordered separately at the same cost.

I'd been told the 3-restaurant cover charge was only available online and NOT aboard ship. Has that changed or is that a ship by ship thing?

DML

You are correct! It is only available before you get to the ship.

Archived