Silouette or Reflection?

scorben

We are booking a semi last minute Eastern Caribbean cruise for March 30 or 31. The ships available are Reflection leaving from Miami on 30th and Silouette out of FLL on 31. Both itineraries are nearly identical. We will be flying in/out of FLL the 27-7. If we do Ref., we would do 3 nights pre-cruise and 1 night post cruise hotel, if we do Sil. we do 4 nights pre-cruise and fly home the same day of debarkation.

Last year we did Solstice and had an amazing time. My daughter loved the kids camp, met a couple little friends, and wants to do another cruise instead of going to Hawaii for our vacation.

Can anyone tell me the difference between these 2 ships? It looks like the reviews are favoring Silouette.

I will be traveling with my husband and almost 5 yo daughter. I will also be 4 months pregnant too.

'Just returned from the Eastern Caribbean aboard the Reflection on January 26, 2013.

The ship, the crew, the service, food, entertainment, and the cruise was wonderful!!!

We had also cruised on the Eclipse in November 2011 and loved her as well. The service and food aboard the Reflection was a bit better although the Eclipse was also great.

The Reflection has another deck and more Aqua class staterooms and suites than the Silhouette although we never felt "crowded" or had to wait in line. The ship is a bit wider as well and the pool deck is on the same level as the Oceanview Cafe.

We stayed in a hump AQ cabin and loved the shower, balcony, and eating in BLU.

I don't think that you can go wrong on either ship.

'Have a great cruise.

How was the pool area on reflection? The only issue I had with Solstice was the pool area was way too small for the # of passengers and it was always a huge chore getting a lounge chair every day. They were super close together and not very private. The pool was also wall to wall people.

Have these issues been resolved on the newer ships?

How was the pool area on reflection? The only issue I had with Solstice was the pool area was way too small for the # of passengers and it was always a huge chore getting a lounge chair every day. They were super close together and not very private. The pool was also wall to wall people.

We did not spend much time at the pool area. 'Not having kids with us, our "pool" time was spent at the Solarium.

Hopefully, someone else can address your concerns.

We had the same dilemma when trying to decide for our upcoming cruise...we decided to go with the Silhouette. The deciding factor was that the ships are virtually identical but there are more passenger on the Reflection (more AQ cabins) and so we figure that would mean more crowds. I am sure they are both great but since we booked AQ, the less passengers eating in Blu the better :p

We had the same dilemma when trying to decide for our upcoming cruise...we decided to go with the Silhouette. The deciding factor was that the ships are virtually identical but there are more passenger on the Reflection (more AQ cabins) and so we figure that would mean more crowds. I am sure they are both great but since we booked AQ, the less passengers eating in Blu the better :p

BLU was wonderful on the Reflection in January and was never crowded. 'Just my 2 cents worth.

'Just returned from the Eastern Caribbean aboard the Reflection on January 26, 2013.

The ship, the crew, the service, food, entertainment, and the cruise was wonderful!!!

We had also cruised on the Eclipse in November 2011 and loved her as well. The service and food aboard the Reflection was a bit better although the Eclipse was also great.

The Reflection has another deck and more Aqua class staterooms and suites than the Silhouette although we never felt "crowded" or had to wait in line. The ship is a bit wider as well and the pool deck is on the same level as the Oceanview Cafe.

We stayed in a hump AQ cabin and loved the shower, balcony, and eating in BLU.

I don't think that you can go wrong on either ship.

'Have a great cruise.

We loved the Shilhouette-only negative was storage/drawer space for clothing. We managed to get all our things put away and it wasn't much of an issue. However, there were many complaints from others about the lack of storage. So, just curious, did they inprove that with the Reflection? Thanks!

We loved the Shilhouette-only negative was storage/drawer space for clothing. We managed to get all our things put away and it wasn't much of an issue. However, there were many complaints from others about the lack of storage. So, just curious, did they inprove that with the Reflection? Thanks!

Simple answer. NO.. :)

I would take Reflection though, with the extra deck there is no need to walk down and up on the top deck and now walk straight across. Pool deck same deck for the buffet and The updated Sunset bar, excellent.

I would cruise either. Been on Reflection, Eclipse and Solstice, but not Silhouette. the main difference between Reflection and all the earlier S-Class that I didn't like as much was the loss of part of the Sky Observation Lounge. Reflection has a line of Suites on the 14th deck portside which replaces some of the Sky Lounge. So it is smaller and no view/sitting on the portside in the Lounge.

I did like how they reorganized the remaining Sky Lounge seating, but just missed the full wrap of the SkyLounge you'll find on all the other S-Class including Silohutte.

Not a show stopped but the only difference that impacted me.

Den

BLU was wonderful on the Reflection in January and was never crowded. 'Just my 2 cents worth.

My decision had no factual basis...just had to choose between the two (I figured they were both wonderful), so that is what I only assumed. Glad to know that is not the case!! :D

We are booking a semi last minute Eastern Caribbean cruise for March 30 or 31. The ships available are Reflection leaving from Miami on 30th and Silouette out of FLL on 31. Both itineraries are nearly identical. We will be flying in/out of FLL the 27-7. If we do Ref., we would do 3 nights pre-cruise and 1 night post cruise hotel, if we do Sil. we do 4 nights pre-cruise and fly home the same day of debarkation.

Last year we did Solstice and had an amazing time. My daughter loved the kids camp, met a couple little friends, and wants to do another cruise instead of going to Hawaii for our vacation.

Can anyone tell me the difference between these 2 ships? It looks like the reviews are favoring Silouette.

I will be traveling with my husband and almost 5 yo daughter. I will also be 4 months pregnant too.

Silhouette is Soltice minus lawn club, minus Glass show, plus extra charge restaurant (instead of Glass Show), plus Qsine restaurant (instead of Silk Harvest).

Reflection is Silhouette minus 1/2 of Sky lounge, minus front obseravation decks, minus Quazar dance club, minus fountains on pool deck, plus ~200 passengers.

This problem has not been resolved.

It's even worse now.

They removed fountains and put more loungers into the same space of the pool deck. They have ~200 more pax on the Reflection.

Archived