Hotel Near Port of Miami

seahawk8292

Looking for a Nice Hotel near port of Miami with shuttle to port,shuttle from airport would be nice Too>

I would call around to the hotels, what I have found is some say they do transfers and when I call they state they no longer do. Our group is staying at the Intercontential its about a $10 taxi fee which may be cheaper then a hotel transfer and you don't have to wait on anyone.

We stayed at the Intercontinental Miami and it was great. Good location within walking distance to Bayside Market and a short cab ride to the port. If you use one of the bargain hotel sites you can get a decent price.

BTW, there is a section of the forum dedicated to the Florida depart ports and there are lots of suggestions in there.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

If I recall the cab ride was $14 to the port. Why would you want the hotel to tell you when you have to leave the hotel and get to the pier, then go with a bunch of people who (from past experience) linger and you have to wait for them, and then worry that you have to wait for the next shuttle because its its at capacity holding people? Just take a cab leave when you want and no worries.

we are staying at the Intercontinental too and will call ahead for a service to take us to the port. 2 I heard of are : SAS and limos of miami

Hi, I compared SAS to the price of a taxi from Intercontiental and the taxi was cheaper. Plus SAS told me they will do other pick ups along the way unless I wanted to pay for a private shuttle. It's completely up to you but wanted to give you the heads up.

they had the Miami marathon when we were their a couple weeks back..and it was impossible to get a cab at the Intercontinental..

It s a hr walk if you plan to walk over the bridge..:o

We stayed the week before the marathon and there was a line of taxis waiting to take people over. Taxi was cheap too!

Looking for a Nice Hotel near port of Miami with shuttle to port,shuttle from airport would be nice Too>

Pretty sure none of the hotels near the port or Downtown Miami offer a free airport shuttle. We just bid online for 4-star Dowtown hotel.

I'd be more concerned with where I eating dinner the night before my cruise, not to mention finding a store to pick-up wine/pop.

Pretty sure none of the hotels near the port or Downtown Miami offer a free airport shuttle. We just bid online for 4-star Dowtown hotel.

I'd be more concerned with where I eating dinner the night before my cruise, not to mention finding a store to pick-up wine/pop.

If anyone ends up staying up at the north end of downtown (Marriott/Doubletree/Hilton area) there's a brand new Publix right there for last minute supplies or wine/soda. :)

I've stayed at the Intercontinental, Marriott and Doubletree and they are all good hotels. Very few downtown hotels have shuttle service, but cabs are cheap and the hotels will arrange inexpensive shuttles for larger groups. The Intercontinental is really nice and closer to Bayside. But I actually kind of like the Marriott/Doubletree location better since there's a neat little mall there with shops and restaurants and the Publix a block away. All of them have a port view.

• 10 months later...

A refreshing thing to do after a cruise is to visit or stay at Earth 'n Us urban farm in the middle of Miami near the Port of Miami & Miami Airport. We came of the Costa Luminosa last week. They have several accommodations available. If you have no time at least take look at this property. My husband Harry & I rented a cabin for a few days at Earth n' Us permaculture urban farm while down in Florida. I highly recommend it

...It's listed in National Geographic as one of Miami's "off the beaten path" destinations. 7630 NE 1stAve 786-273-7181 leslieeve@Hotmail.com

Cozy Cabin on Peaceful Urban Farm

My review thru Airbnb (vacation accommodation rentals)

https://www.airbnb.ca/?locale=en

The photos do not do it justice, this is a very unique & down to earth farm experience (with a delightful couple) that I highly recommend. After our cruise, it provided a relaxing, restful safe environment close to the Miami port & airport. The cabin is large & has everything you need right there, bottled water in the frig & we were gifted with the yummiest homemade bread I've ever tasted in my 65 years. Also we were able to get some flesh lain eggs. It was comforting & fun to be around the farm animals & to have conversations with the comical & colorful birds among all sorts of plants, fruit trees & flowers. I saw lots of produce trees that we've never seen before & interesting permaculture methods.

We were there for only a few days but were treated special & everyone living on the farm (helpers, volunteers are also friendly & sweet) We also took walks in the surrounding area without any problems & the locals all greeted us. We had chats with the store/restaurant owners & got a feel of the culture there. If we were there longer I would have used their low cost bike rental.

When we met Ray & Leslie, they said "our home is your home." & had a welcoming fire burning & were offering herbal tea, chocolate bar & beer with them, basically asking to share whatever they were having on the porch. The aroma of cedar wood stacks is also refreshing & I never saw a fly or mosquito.

There was always someone close by to talk with or ask questions when we wanted but they also let us explore their paradise & gave us our privacy. My husband has slight problems with mobility & yet we walked the paths (not many steps to climb) The cabin was comfortable & had everything needed to fix a meal. There's a air conditioner & huge over-sized shower area with nice hot water. The place is very clean & lovely, not so "cabin" like, but as good as any studio apartment we have rented. (except for the TV which is not missed at all.) Along with chickens, goats, pigs etc.they had exotic types of animals... what some might call a large 'hobby farm'. Everything is clean & well kept & we weren't woke up by any wildlife. They also have a tree house with an outside community kitchen that was great to see & looked like fun to use. We felt very safe the whole time. We got a wake up call & drive to the airport very, very early on a Sunday with hugs. Ray & Leslie were generally interested in us & the culture of our country (Canada) & I'm sure they treat every person as family. Miami is fortunate to have them & their farm in the midst of it. When we return, we'll plan to stay at Earth 'n Us every time. True peace & love dwells there.

[...note from me ......if you go please tell them that Darlene from Canada told you about their place ]

Edited by we are 6 of us
to condense

No Downtown Miami hotel offers airport or port shuttles -- only some of the hotels out near the MIA airport offer these. But cabs are cheap and plentiful -- figure about $25+ to get from MIA to your hotel and another $12+ to get from your hotel to POM.

Post cruise the cab fare from POM to MIA is a flat rate fare (ignore the meter) of $24+tip.

In downtown check out the Hampton Inn Mary Brickell, Holiday Inn, Hyatt, IC, Doubletree and Marriott. Good luck! :)

We got a ride for $20 to the Miami Airport from our accommodation (Earth 'n Us Farm as I wrote about above) so that's the fee (as of Dec /13) to or from the airport. They also offer personal pickup to or from the Port of Miami but not sure of that cost but it will be also a nominal fee.

Just returned for the Glory. We stayed one night at the Courtyard Marriott Downtown Miami.Booked through LMT. We flew into FLL and used MJS shuttle service. MJS was $13.00 per person. The hotel did offer a shuttle to the port for $5.00 per person. We took a cab for the same price, three of us. I would stay at this hotel again and use MJS shuttle also. BTW there was a CVS one block away to pick up soda, water, wine, etc. There was also a restaurant across the street that looked busy. We walked to Bayside, about 4 blocks and had dinner there and watched the Breeze sail away.