Unusual question about Jewelry store- EPIC

towel-animal

Hey CC. Cruising on the Epic next month and was wondering if anyone could help me answer this:

I just bought a blue topaz and Diamond bracelet for my mom from a department store, but her wrists are very small and I'm sure it will need to be adjusted by a pro. It's an intricate piece, so will it need to be sliced and reattached very delicately. Problem is I don't know any places locally that would do this. Do you think the jeweler at the jewelry store on board the ship would do it? Obviously I'd expect to pay something for the service.

All of the large jewelry stores on the ships and most of the Caribbean ports are franchise type deals. All they do is sell. No way is there anyone that could do that kind of work. You should always have you work done locally or as close to local as you can. To many things can go wrong when dealing long distance. Ask for recommendations, and expect to pay a pretty substantial hourly rate for the work. Is the piece valuable?

Hey CC. Cruising on the Epic next month and was wondering if anyone could help me answer this:

I just bought a blue topaz and Diamond bracelet for my mom from a department store, but her wrists are very small and I'm sure it will need to be adjusted by a pro. It's an intricate piece, so will it need to be sliced and reattached very delicately. Problem is I don't know any places locally that would do this. Do you think the jeweler at the jewelry store on board the ship would do it? Obviously I'd expect to pay something for the service.

I bought a ring on the Epic last March which needed sizing and they weren't able to do this but I didn't really expect they could.

Archived