Wine/liquor delivery on embarkation day

bloofer

I am planning to order some wine/liquor to have delivered to my stateroom. I note that the HA website states that delivery will be on embarkation day. Will delivery be early enough to ensure having the items for a sailaway party?

Ours too has always been there, as mentioned by everyone above. Be aware that you will often pay local sales tax on the items.

no it's set up now for delivery at sea;) I'm guessing this is most likely why OP is asking. We always ordered stateroom at sea to avoid the tax and always in the cabin long before we sailed away:)

It should be delivered in time .

Obviously, if it is getting late and you don't have it, call BUT

If you ordered for 'at sea' delivery to avoid tax, then you took that chance it would not come before sailing.

Which do you want more is what it boils down to?

To have the delivery in time for Sailaway or

To save the tax?

We always pre-order alcohol for the cabin.

I always mark it to be delivered "At Sea". Only once was it not in our cabin -- ours finally came after dinner -- even talking to the concierge didn't speed up delivery.

Most of us do try to avoid the Florida sales tax.

Are you cruising out of Ft Lauderdale? Arriving a day or two early? If so, you might consider stopping by Total Wine and picking up 2 bottles if there are 2 of you. I mention that because Lisa mentioned on another thread about HAL soon to change the policy about how much wine you can bring onto the ship.

It should be delivered in time .

Obviously, if it is getting late and you don't have it, call BUT

If you ordered for 'at sea' delivery to avoid tax, then you took that chance it would not come before sailing.

Which do you want more is what it boils down to?

To have the delivery in time for Sailaway or

To save the tax?

Previously it wasn't an issue for us (in the cabin by sail a way) as we would bring wine on board to share with friends in the cabin.:D

My point was to put the OP at ease - now, when you order on the HAL website you have two choices - delivery in your cabin 'at sea' or delivery in the dining room. The other option isn't there. Again, I don't see this as an issue as ours was always there.:D

Previously it wasn't an issue for us (in the cabin by sail a way) as we would bring wine on board to share with friends in the cabin.:D

My point was to put the OP at ease - now, when you order on the HAL website you have two choices - delivery in your cabin 'at sea' or delivery in the dining room. The other option isn't there. Again, I don't see this as an issue as ours was always there.:D

Sorry you thought I was adressing you, Kazu.

I was resonding to Blooper, the OP..... to the question she asked in that opening post.

I find that "Delivery in the Dining Room" to be dumb.

We sure don't want a few bottles of Grey Goose delivered to the dining room.

The only way I see "Delivery in the Dining Room" to make sense would be if one ordered a bottle of Bailey's, for example, and they wanted to have after dinner drink in the dining room with their coffee.

Having a bottle of Grey Goose delivered to the MDR does not make sense, I agree.

Sorry you thought I was adressing you, Kazu.

I was resonding to Blooper, the OP..... to the question she asked in that opening post.

no worries Sail:) Just explaining that stateroom at sea is the only stateroom option now;)

But -- if you order a cocktail or even a bottle of wine at dinner or a bottle of alcohol from room service when you get on the ship -- you are charged the sales tax in Florida. The ship must be so many miles out to sea.

The same goes for the Beverage Cards -- if the ship isn;t so many miles out to sea -- they do charge the sales tax and it is subtracted from the card.

They must have gotten tired of collecting and processing the sales tax for various states. :)

Or complaints from passengers that didn't realize it until the order was processed:D makes more sense doing it with just the one delivery option:D

But -- if you order a cocktail or even a bottle of wine at dinner or a bottle of alcohol from room service when you get on the ship -- you are charged the sales tax in Florida. The ship must be so many miles out to sea.

The same goes for the Beverage Cards -- if the ship isn;t so many miles out to sea -- they do charge the sales tax and it is subtracted from the card.

I was being sarcastic.

Sorry it was too subtle. :o

I know it's hard to tell without seeing facial expression and/or body language.

Thanks for suggestions and comments.

My main concern is this: If I order wine in advance to be delivered to my stateroom, will it arrive on time for sailaway? I am not concerned about paying or avoiding tax - hadn't even thought about that. :o

I will be in Ft Lauderdale for 2 days pre-cruise and could certainly pick up a bottle or two. But I was a bit concerned re some of the postings on another thread suggesting that HA may change its policy re what you can bring on board.

Maybe what I'll do is buy a couple in Ft L, so that at least the sailaway won't be totally dry! :D Meanwhile I'll go ahead and order one of the packages offered by HA. If it arrives late, I'll have a supply for a second sailaway 11 days later (I'm on a Collectors cruise). :D

Thanks for suggestions and comments.

My main concern is this: If I order wine in advance to be delivered to my stateroom, will it arrive on time for sailaway? I am not concerned about paying or avoiding tax - hadn't even thought about that. :o

I will be in Ft Lauderdale for 2 days pre-cruise and could certainly pick up a bottle or two. But I was a bit concerned re some of the postings on another thread suggesting that HA may change its policy re what you can bring on board.

Maybe what I'll do is buy a couple in Ft L, so that at least the sailaway won't be totally dry! :D Meanwhile I'll go ahead and order one of the packages offered by HA. If it arrives late, I'll have a supply for a second sailaway 11 days later (I'm on a Collectors cruise). :D

you should be just fine:D, seriously. I didn't think you were asking about the tax - just delivery. We have always had ours - but definitely bring some on board as well:) just to be safe. btw - bring your confirmations of your purchases with you. First thing in recycling once they arrrive. Have fun:D

• 4 weeks later...

Archived