Amsterdam

Travelbug 2

I am an avid HAL fan. Cruising on Amsterdam for the first time. Any comments from recent cruisers on that ship. We were on the Volendam last year which is a similar ship and loved it. Just wondering about the condition of Amsterdam, has it had any recent refits.

We are in a g/tee "C" cat' -- maybe the upgrade fairy will be kind to us!!: :)

Thanks.

Just got off the Amsterdam in December after a 41 day Singapore to San Diego crossing. The ship was spotless, the staff warm and accommodating and the food a step above typical HAL fare. I was told the staff is hand chosen for Amsterdam because the ship primarily does "Grand Voyages."

We did a Collectors cruise in December for 31 days and although we were in code red for the first 14 days it was great. It was hard on the staff as it was a lot of extra work for them, but they were very friendly and helpful, all the time. I thought the food was better than our last HAL cruise 2 years ago (and we still got free cappucinos in the MDR).

As far as cabins go, we noticed an extreme amount of noise and vibration around cabins C3368-C3376 (the blank area on the deck plan) as they are near some kind of engine room or something. You may want to re-think the C guarantee just in case - we have always taken guarantees, but after seeing that we decided to book an assigned cabin on our next cruise.

We too were on the Amsterdam in December. We had no problems but there were some water issues for some cabins - like not having any for a couple of days. The water was turned off one day while we were in port and I assume it was to fix the problem. Crew is outstanding and service excellent. At the moment, the Amsterdam is our favorite HAL ship.

I am an avid HAL fan. Cruising on Amsterdam for the first time. Any comments from recent cruisers on that ship. We were on the Volendam last year which is a similar ship and loved it. Just wondering about the condition of Amsterdam, has it had any recent refits.

We are in a g/tee "C" cat' -- maybe the upgrade fairy will be kind to us!!: :)

Thanks.

We sailed the Amsterdam to the Southern Caribbean on the December/January 14-night holiday sailing. Simply stated, the ship is magnificent and elegant... you have nothing to worry about! Enjoy your cruise.

Archived