Any under 25-40s Solo Cruisers??

Lvnmylife85

I wouldn't recommend a 9 night on the explorer- likely very few solos. Studios were fine to do in my opinion. I'd rather have less space and people to talk to than a suite and no one to talk to.

Even though I am in NJ, I would recommend someone from our state flying to Miami, getting away, and then going on the Epic.

I don't think Exploirer would be as good for a solo cruise.

I wouldn't recommend a 9 night on the explorer- likely very few solos. Studios were fine to do in my opinion. I'd rather have less space and people to talk to than a suite and no one to talk to.

Even though I am in NJ, I would recommend someone from our state flying to Miami, getting away, and then going on the Epic.

Have you been on a solo cruise other than the Epic, a local port perhaps? I want to avoid flying to a port 1) for the airfare cost 2) the luggage cost 3) can't bring back my duty free alcohol as easy :D

Hi Laney,

I know your message was directed towards Zactak and HowardK, but I'm actually doing a solo cabin on the Breakaway from NY in December. If you look at the solo cabin as far as square footage goes for one person, its actually more than if you were sharing an inside or so with another person. If I'm lucky enough I'll only be going to my cabin to shower, change attire, and sleep. :)

I made the mistake of looking at your cruise in Dec .. now I have I am perplexed!!! I really didn't want to go to Bermuda/Bahamas.. but for $1100 AHHHHHH what to do... what to do... what to do!

I made the mistake of looking at your cruise in Dec .. now I have I am perplexed!!! I really didn't want to go to Bermuda/Bahamas.. but for $1100 AHHHHHH what to do... what to do... what to do!

Laney, Laney lol Thats what sold me too! For a mere $1033! There's only 59 cabins so I know they will surely fill up. This is my second time doing the Bahamas/Florida itinerary because my last sailing cancelled the Nassau port....I missed out on the Atlantis Aquaventure excursion, really hoping to find a companion for that one this time around...

You've reassured me that I have less worries about enjoying the ship for what its worth and finding someone to share the fun with Jeff. Lol Thanks for finding this post! :-)

Carla, I was checking out the boards and happy to find the solo board and your post.

Looks like you are doing a good job of recruiting people for 12/8 Breakaway :) guess im not the only magnet lol

I did a solo on the Explorer last January; although it had a lot more seniors than I was expecting, I still had a great time and did quite a bit of socializing with people in my age group - I was 29 at the time.

My birthday cruise in September will be my 3rd solo cruise and I'm really looking forward to it. My first solo cruise was on the Majesty and since it was a weekend cruise, there were a lot of younger people to socialize with.

Honestly though, I enjoy people watching the most while I'm cruising. So I'll have a good time regardless if there are other solo travelers or not.

Have you been on a solo cruise other than the Epic, a local port perhaps? I want to avoid flying to a port 1) for the airfare cost 2) the luggage cost 3) can't bring back my duty free alcohol as easy :D

Hello, I only did the 2: I also don't care for the flying/luggage extra hotel night- but for the Epic it was worth it.

I think the Breakaway will be a good in between option for those of us in NJ/NY; plus there would be a higher % of people from the NY Metro area.

However, I did Miami once for the Epic; but to be honest am not anxious to do it again. Beside the luggage costs ($25 going down, $60 coming back-gave them my carryon) There were additional cab costs as well.

I found the cost of going to Miami and staying (plus additional transportation costs) was around $900 vs. $300 for taking a bus to NYC and staying 1 night in a hotel.

I actually had a second booking held on the Breakway for December 15th; I was still considering that one.

Hello, I only did the 2: I also don't care for the flying/luggage extra hotel night- but for the Epic it was worth it.

I think the Breakaway will be a good in between option for those of us in NJ/NY; plus there would be a higher % of people from the NY Metro area.

However, I did Miami once for the Epic; but to be honest am not anxious to do it again. Beside the luggage costs ($25 going down, $60 coming back-gave them my carryon) There were additional cab costs as well.

I found the cost of going to Miami and staying (plus additional transportation costs) was around $900 vs. $300 for taking a bus to NYC and staying 1 night in a hotel.

I actually had a second booking held on the Breakway for December 15th; I was still considering that one.

Thanks for the feedback... I left out of NYC in July 2012 and was driven in the day of, eliminating the hotel cost. Was still on the boat eating lunch by 1230... The train seems to be a very viable option especially since there is a stop in my hometown on the NE corridor line. I really wish the Breakaway had more itinerary options... maybe in a year or so, after seeing how popular (or not) some additional ports will be added..

What ship did you go on in July?

How would taking the NEC to the Newark Airport be? I have ridden by it dozens of times but fly out of Philadelphia.

I found a great deal on the Epic today for $699 (studio, price was $949 2 days ago) but am likely keeping the Breakaway and doing a hotel the night before; even though I am only 35 minutes from the Hamilton station.

What ship did you go on in July?

How would taking the NEC to the Newark Airport be? I have ridden by it dozens of times but fly out of Philadelphia.

I found a great deal on the Epic today for $699 (studio, price was $949 2 days ago) but am likely keeping the Breakaway and doing a hotel the night before; even though I am only 35 minutes from the Hamilton station.

I took the NEC from Newark Airport once... but my parents do it all the time.. it is quite easy... I live in Hamilton so it is very easy to find rides to and from the train station.... I was on the Disney Magic in July... 8 night to the Bahamas and PC, FL hence my lack of enthusiasm for that itinerary for the Breakaway... I enjoyed the ease of a local port (did Baltimore once too and that was easy as well) but sailing by the NYC sights was pretty cool...

I noticed a lot of discount emails for the Epic recently...

I'm considering a solo cruise on the Carnival Breeze this November and I'll be 25 by then. This will only be my second cruise and I'm just a little shy. I don't even like to go to the store alone (although I do it anyways), so I'm not sure if solo cruising is for me. My fear is that most solo cruisers will either be older people I have nothing in common with, or crazy party singles looking to hook up. I like to party a bit, but it's not something I want to do every night.

I'm considering a solo cruise on the Carnival Breeze this November and I'll be 25 by then. This will only be my second cruise and I'm just a little shy. I don't even like to go to the store alone (although I do it anyways), so I'm not sure if solo cruising is for me. My fear is that most solo cruisers will either be older people I have nothing in common with, or crazy party singles looking to hook up. I like to party a bit, but it's not something I want to do every night.

Hi Kristin!

I know exactly what you mean! I went on my first solo cruise when I turned 25 and being somewhat shy about talking to strangers that were on vacay in groups also made me a little hesitant. I hear the Carnival Breeze is luring a good amount of folks in our age bracket so I don't think you'll have a problem there. The newer ships are doing really well with having more things to do other than party all night. I'm not a partier myself, I look forward to the ropes course and rock-climbing wall stuff. Things you can do alone or with a new friend.

I started this thread with the hopes of meeting some similar people who were having the same obstacle as myself and the feedback has been amazing! I'll be turning 28 in December and taking a solo cruise on Norwegian Breakaway. Making new friends on cruise critic is a sure way to meet people you'll be sailing with in advance so you don't feel like you're completely alone. Be sure to join the roll call for your sailing date and ask if there are other solos booked.

Also, if you haven't booked your Breeze vacation yet and are open to an itinerary/port change you're more than welcome to join a few of us who have met on here for the Breakaway sailing on Dec 8th! We could use more guys and gals like yourself.

Happy sailing whichever you decide! :)

Loving all the feedback from you all. Please be sure to keep in touch with your travel plans for this year and let's talk vacations! Still looking for some excursion buddies for my sailing in December!

Hotchibonnie@aim.com

Carla:)

I may consider this sailing if I have any vacation time left; probably won't know until late fall, but will keep it in mind.

• 2 weeks later...
You can book after that- that is likely when your final payment is due.

I hope that it gets good reviews from solos!

Thanks for that info HowardK! The final payment due date did have me thinking bookings were closed after that date. :rolleyes:

Decided last week to book my first cruise out to the bahamas on celebrity cruises. Decided to go the solo route. I am sure it will be a good time.

not that it matters but i just noticed i said bahamas instead of bermuda.. i wonder what was on my mind.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd just like to quickly say that I am a few weeks off the EPIC as a solo and I had an amazing time. I'll be providing a review in the Norwegian section in the next couple weeks as I'm still on vacation. But I met a lot of amazing people and the solo cabin and lounge concept was genius. Some of the people I met on the EPIC are actually planning another cruise in a few months so we can all reconnect.

I'm 28 right now (will be 29 in a couple of weeks, during the sailing actually) and have a cruise booked on the Epic on April 6th leaving out of Miami in a studio by myself.

I've only cruised once before, and that was about a year ago with my girlfriend. I had a really great time, and although I'm single now, I want to do it again, although I can't convince any of my friends to come.

I live in Manhattan, so I could be at the port for the Breakaway about 15 minutes after walking out of my apartment, which is of course nice. I decided to go with the Epic, however. Mainly because it has about twice the number of studios, and I'm more interested in the Caribbean itinerary than the Bermuda one.

And I got round trip air fare to Fort Lauderdale and back for $200, hard to beat that.

After this New York winter, I'm greatly looking forward to just sitting around by the pool/beach for a week!

I'm 29 and going on my 1st solo cruise this December on the Epic. I've gone back to college and the combination of finals and going home for the Holidays mean that none of my friends are available to go. I'm really looking forward to it, I except to have an awesome time.

I'd just like to quickly say that I am a few weeks off the EPIC as a solo and I had an amazing time. I'll be providing a review in the Norwegian section in the next couple weeks as I'm still on vacation. But I met a lot of amazing people and the solo cabin and lounge concept was genius. Some of the people I met on the EPIC are actually planning another cruise in a few months so we can all reconnect.

@zactac

I can't wait to read your review. Glad you had such a great time!

Archived