Should Triumph passengers be quarantined after they arrive?

cruisefied

Say for 24 or 48 hours?

Maybe a round of antibiotics for everyone and have a doctor keep a watch on them till they are sure they aren't carrying anything that has yet to surface.

thoughts?

FFS, whatever FOR? That's absolutely the most ridiculous thing I've read on this subject yet.

The chances of infection to the passengers is high. Diseases such as cholera are bred in this kind of enviorment. If I were a passenger, I would run to a trusted doctor and get a complete workup. Then a followup.

Then I would send the bill to CCL.

Seriously....Cholera?, do you really think they are drinking from the same water they are deficating in? You get Cholera from drinking contaminated drinking water LOL... so you would run to the Dr and get a work up for something that you could not have.

I, for one, would be charged with murder. There is no one that would be able to isolate me or contain me anymore than I already have been. The poor folks who went through Katrina and walked waist deep and swam in raw sewage were okay, why would they not be. All they need is to get off, get to a nice bathroom, have a hot shower, some hot food, some sleep and then go from there. The absolutely only benefit that "I" see from this ordeal is that "I" would lose weight. They are not totally without food or liquids just not what you would and should expect on a cruise.

While the idea of a quarantine and handing out antibiotics like candy is pretty ridiculous, it is likely that some passengers may have some health issues resulting from the conditions onboard depending on their level of exposure. So from that standpoint, it is just smart for anyone who was onboard to be very aware of potential symptoms or signs of illness over the next couple of weeks. For most it shouldn't be a problem, but anyone with a preexisting health condition or weakened immune system could be at higher risk and one would hope Carnival would be advising people to be aware and see a physician immediately if they have any problems after returning home.

Really? Are you serious? Of all of the crazy and absolutely ridiculous posts I've seen on this forum lately this has to be at the top of the list! They don't need to be quarantined. They need baths, water, food, fresh clothing, and their families!! I bet you're the type of person who demands a round of antibiotics from your doc for the common cold. Am I right or am I right? :rolleyes:

Really? Are you serious? Of all of the crazy and absolutely ridiculous posts I've seen on this forum lately this has to be at the top of the list! They don't need to be quarantined. They need baths, water, food, fresh clothing, and their families!! I bet you're the type of person who demands a round of antibiotics from your doc for the common cold. Am I right or am I right? :rolleyes:

No, I just wonder about the wisdom of letting folks run free once they hit dry land when they've spent the last 3 days in a toxic environment.

Maybe everything will be OK, I hope so.

I read a report earlier from some doctor who was speculating that there is a chance that some of the passengers could be carriers for bacteria and other nasty type infections that have yet to surface.

think about the conditions they were in and the lack of sanitation, it seems like a reasonable speculation to me.

Methinks you watch too much CNN news.

Absolutely not. My husband went with a USAR group to Haiti and upon their return, they were not quarantined. Due to the nature of their work, they were however, given a course of tetracycline. But all of the people had been given yearly physicals and their health history closely documented prior. To just start randomly handing out antibiotics as a one size fits all approach to the cruise ship passengers is rediculous.

BTW, they also had to poop and pee into plastic bags. While not pleasant, it wasn't mentally traumatizing. I'm not downplaying the conditions on board in any way, just saying that thank goodness they do have plastic bags. It could be much worse.

No, I just wonder about the wisdom of letting folks run free once they hit dry land when they've spent the last 3 days in a toxic environment.

Maybe everything will be OK, I hope so.

Well firstly I believe most of the "news" that's been broadcasted about this situation has been drastically blown out of proportion. They aren't eating and drinking from contaminated sources so they will not release a new form of the bubonic plague once they're off the ship. And overuse and unnecessary use of antibiotics has led to superbugs and makes some illnesses harder to treat. Anyways, I think the best course of action here with this Triumph situation is to follow that saying, how does it go: Believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see (or something or other but you catch my drift). Aside from being dirty, hungry, and exhausted I think everyone will be fine and there's no need to drag this out any longer than it already has been. If the passengers are worried about it they can see their doc once they get home.

Say for 24 or 48 hours?

Maybe a round of antibiotics for everyone and have a doctor keep a watch on them till they are sure they aren't carrying anything that has yet to surface.

thoughts?

No medial professionals have recommended this. What is your basis in fact to suggest?

Methinks you watch too much CNN news.

In this one case, maybe not enough CNN news. They have interviewed Sanjay Gupta all day. He even says there is very little to be concerned about. He poo-pooed the people that said they were bringing along antibiotics for their family members getting off the ship.

Someone posted to the OPs question: "So ... just where would you put 4000+ people for 2 days"?

Since this whole thread is ridiculous to say the least, I answered by saying ... "In a big jail cell"?

My answer was a joke and not meant to be serious, but I do opologize for the poor sense of humor.

Say for 24 or 48 hours?

thoughts?

NO NO NO. They have enough problems without haven't to be away from their families for several more days.

Can you imagine if one person contracted a bacterial infection on that ship and it doesn't surface for a day or two and when it does, they don't take it seriously, then end up in the E.R.

think of the liability.

just saying....

germophobe

Say for 24 or 48 hours?

thoughts?[/quote

No way the second they are able to leave they will be outta Alabama faster then you can down an alabama slammer

Archived