What happens to the Triumph crew during repair time?

LSUcajunmom

It was stated last night.

The housekeeping crew that were almost due for the end of their contract would be sent home and Carnival would pay them until the end of their contract.

The housekeeping crew that just started their contract would be given a few days vacation and then be sent to work on other ships.

The maintenance and tech crew would be given a few days off and then would remain with the ship as needed.

Just curious as to what happens to the crew of Triumph while she is in dry dock? Hope they get an all paid vacation for a week or two :)

They will probably be reassigned to other ships unless it is close to the end of their contract. Then they would probably start an early vacation.

It was stated last night.

The housekeeping crew that were almost due for the end of their contract would be sent home and Carnival would pay them until the end of their contract.

The housekeeping crew that just started their contract would be given a few days vacation and then be sent to work on other ships.

The maintenance and tech crew would be given a few days off and then would remain with the ship as needed.

Thanks for this info.

What about these folks. Any idea what they will do ?? I'm assuming the same as housekeeping. I have several favorites on this ship, I hate to see them all scattered. I sure hope they will all come back to Triumph.

I have been on this ship 4 times in the last 7 months 2 more cruises to Platium..

What about these folks. Any idea what they will do ?? I'm assuming the same as housekeeping. I have several favorites on this ship, I hate to see them all scattered. I sure hope they will all come back to Triumph.

I have been on this ship 4 times in the last 7 months 2 more cruises to Platium..

I assumed by the way the Carnival person spoke they were included in housekeeping staff. By the way it sounded most that were already on the ship for a while were finished their contract. So they would be going home.

And any that are transferred to other ships have to be scattered around, but it sounds like they plan to fix the ship and put her back in the water so staff will have to return to her at one point and time. And I don't imagine they would start out with a complete new set of staff, they would need some that knew the ship well.

Sounds like there's plenty of work for the crew right now on the ship. As quick as they can get power flowing throughout the ship they've got to do some quick cleaning. That ship is going to need more than light housekeeping before the next sailing not to mention all the wet stuff to get out.

They were all housed in hotels and given food stipends until decisions were made. I live in San Diego and it was a big tado. Yes, those close to the end of the contract got to go home early and their full contract paid. All other crew except those needed on hand to get it into the repair dock, were housed until reassigned to another ship. All of their expenses were covered. It was a mini vaca for some but they deserved it!

Archived