Excursion Help

Laeno

My girlfriend and I are going on a cruise in late April. We'll be stopping at Cozumel, Grand Cayman, and Montego Bay.

I've been on several cruises, but it's my girlfriend's first. She also adores animals, so I'd like to take her to one of the swim with the dolphin things (while neat, they always seemed to expensive for me to really want to go).

So my question is, does anyone have recommendations of who to use, and which port to do that kind of excursion? It seems like all of the ports have that option available.

Thanks in advance.

Probably should be on the ports sections. But me and the wife did the swim with the dolphins in Cozumel at Chankanaab Park. We booked directly through them online. Great experience. Son and daughter are doing it on our upcoming cruise.

We booked directly with Dolphinaris in Cozumel, it was $126 for two of us plus a $7 cab ride each way. We booked the second swim but when we got there they let us join the first one which left us plenty of time to do other things. I thought the price was very reasonable compared to the cruise ship prices.

Cozumel one of my favorites is the Mexican Cuisine Excursion...you cook in small groups of 4, its alot of fun, then after you sit down at long tables and eat what you make, but while your cooking they give you unlimited drink of all types, alcholic, non, beer, wine...and when you eat dinner you can drink local wines. After you do this they allow you to spend time on their beach and they have chairs and umbrellas.

Grand Cayman- Stingray city!! My other favorite excursion. or you can go to Sevin Mile Beach its beautiful, there is also Margarhitaville there too.

Montego Bay- I do the Dolphin Excursion

On Cayman day you can do the Stingray and Turtle swim through Carnival. We were trying o decide between the 2 optionsthen found that we can do both! There is another one that also goes to He!!, which is beautiful, but you dont get to swim with the turtles on that tour.

Cozumel is best. Chakanaab park. We did the dolphin swim/push/pull/best one. At end of experience they let us into the area with the manatees for a brief encounter.

Laeno, make sure you are comparing prices for the same excursion. The cheaper option is just a dolphin encounter, the more expensive option is to actually move through the water with the dolphins.

I did the dolphin swim in Cozumel a few years ago and it was wonderful. The facility is beautiful. We went in Falmouth more recently and while it was fun, the facility was essentially a divided football sized cement pool. You had to stand on metal grates which became quite painful. I would certainly suggest doing it in Cozumel.

Archived