Recent requests for Early Saver Price Drops

luv2trvlnow

Does anyone know how long it is taking for them to approve price drops using Early Saver recently? I usually hear pretty fast but not this time.

I sent in 1 Thursday morning for a $100 price drop and then it dropped another $60 Friday. So I sent in another for for that price drop. Has anyone who sent in a form recently heard back from Carnival?

Sharon

I put in for $100 OBC on Monday. I did the same a few weeks ago and never heard from them. One evening I was on the website and went into Manage my Cruise and found that they did give me OBC into my account. So, keep an eye on your Manage my Account on their website.

Happy cruising everyone. We leave in 39 days. Can't wait to get out of this cold weather.

I submitted two on Friday the 8th (the first one for $170 and the second one for $340) and heard back on Sunday the 10th. But, they sent only one email saying it was approved. I assumed it was for the first one for $170. After another day passed and I hadn't heard on the second one, I logged on to the Carnival site and went to Manage My Cruise and saw that I had $510 in OBC. :D

Okay I am really curious now. How and what are you submitting when there is a price drop? I have never done this. I may have to check on my May 4 cruise on the Freedom! So they give OBC if the price drops and you contact them??

If you booked Early Saver then you submit the "Price Protection Form." You'll find it here: http://www.carnival.com/BonVoyage/requestforms/cclearlysaverform.aspx. Again, this is if you booked Early Saver. If it's before final payment and you haven't paid in full, then your balance due will be reduced. If it's after final payment or you're paid in full, you'll receive on-board credit. In lieu of either of those, you can opt for an upgrade to a higher category. Those who book Early Saver can price match right up until 2 days before sail date.

If you did not book Early Saver and you see your category at a lower price, you can call Carnival. Unless it has changed, everyone is entitle to price match up until final payment. After final payment, stop checking the fares! :D

I submitted two on Friday the 8th (the first one for $170 and the second one for $340) and heard back on Sunday the 10th. But, they sent only one email saying it was approved. I assumed it was for the first one for $170. After another day passed and I hadn't heard on the second one, I logged on to the Carnival site and went to Manage My Cruise and saw that I had $510 in OBC. :D

Wow! 510!! What category cabin do u have? I so hope we can get at least 250 OBC to pay for spa passes lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I am the the person who started the post. I did receive my OBC credit approval. It took a week and I too only received 1 email for the 2 price drop requests. So we now have $517OBC. This is for a cove balcony on the Breeze in April this year. We have 3 people in the cabin. They are giving such good rates under the More=Merrier rate.

Sharon

Wow! 510!! What category cabin do u have? I so hope we can get at least 250 OBC to pay for spa passes lol

I know!! We're in an 8K. I booked 18 months out and was lucky enough to snag a bowling alley balcony. :D We're still a few months out so I'm hoping for more price drops.

I submitted a request Tuesday, Wednesday and today for price drops. Got a confirmation email saying they got my request each time, but still no approval email. It did come very fast in the past-not sure what is going on now.

I'm on Liberty in June.

I've cruised several times before but have never done the eary saver so this is all new to me. For all of you who are pretty savey at this, I need your help!

We've booked early saver for January 6, 2014 on Victory. We are on the 2nd floor and are booked in at 6C catageory. Our "base rate" was $1056. Since the Triumph the "fare viewer" hasn't worked. I've just been going to the Carnival website and fake booking exactly what we have. The base price now is only $10 lower. Do I base my price drop on that price OR the $1086 that the fare viewer states a 6C is priced at? A friend said I should ALWAYS base it on $1056.

Also if that's the case why is my price drop only $10 and most of you all are getting big $$$ compared to my $10! LOL.

I've cruised several times before but have never done the eary saver so this is all new to me. For all of you who are pretty savey at this, I need your help!

We've booked early saver for January 6, 2014 on Victory. We are on the 2nd floor and are booked in at 6C catageory. Our "base rate" was $1056. Since the Triumph the "fare viewer" hasn't worked. I've just been going to the Carnival website and fake booking exactly what we have. The base price now is only $10 lower. Do I base my price drop on that price OR the $1086 that the fare viewer states a 6C is priced at? A friend said I should ALWAYS base it on $1056.

Also if that's the case why is my price drop only $10 and most of you all are getting big $$$ compared to my $10! LOL.

If the fare viewer isn't working how is it showing you a price of $1086?

If the mock booking is showing 10 less than fill the form out and try it... Wouldn't hurt anything... And you are a little under a year out... The price drops will come.. You just have to be patient and check every day :)

OOPS, my bad. A couple of weeks ago, the fare viewer was showing the $1086. Since the Triumph not much on Carnival's web site has been the same. I've tried probably 5 times today and it will ask for all of the information but no rates will pop up. So time is our friend? THANK YOU!

OOPS, my bad. A couple of weeks ago, the fare viewer was showing the $1086. Since the Triumph not much on Carnival's web site has been the same. I've tried probably 5 times today and it will ask for all of the information but no rates will pop up. So time is our friend? THANK YOU!

You price check against whatever your base fare is (before taxes). If it's currently $1056 and goes down by $10, once that price reduction is approved, you'll then price match against $1046. Each time you get a price reduction that becomes your new base price.

As far as why others may be getting larger price reductions, there can be so many reasons. Not all cruises are reduced at the same time and even on the same sailing, not all categories are necessarily reduced. There are people on my roll call who haven't gotten anywhere near the $510 I've gotten. And, there have been times when others on my roll call have gotten reductions and my category's fare hasn't budged. I booked our upcoming cruise in January 2012 (we sail June 21), and the price didn't move up or down until about 10 days ago. Be patient. But, don't get your hopes too high--I've had cruises where we got no price drops at all. My experience is that it's not unusual for the fares to go down after final payment--that's the beauty of booking Early Saver as you can still take advantage of price drops after final payment. :D

Good luck!!

Archived