Classic Beverage Package Question

Janner13

If both Cosmo and Mimosa are $8 + under, we are in good shape with Classic Pkg!!! I am also a Vodka-Tonic drinker -- but with the pkg, I intend to try some new-to-me drinks!!

Just hope that Celebrity doesn't decide to raise prices of drinks to 8.50+ -- would mean that all of us who got the FREE 123GO Classic pkg + didn't upgrade are now out of luck!! Wouldn't put it pass them....

I really doubt it. If Celebrity were to increase the cost of their drinks they would likely increase the cost of the package so it included the same drinks.

Are you able to order a beer and ask for it not to be opened so we can take it back to the cabin and have it while getting ready for dinner? I am guessing it isn't an issue, but wanted to ask.

Yes, but they will monitor how many you buy and when. I do this with soda frequently.

You hand him the card and after he scans it he hands it back to you. It is very simple. You do not get any slip of paper or any receipt. You'll know the tip was included in the Premium package you bought when the actual charge you need to approve is for $62.10 per person per night which is 15% on top of the $54/pp/pd advertised cost of the package.[/quote

Does the same go for the basic drink package ,is everything included and you only tip extra if you wish too?

You hand him the card and after he scans it he hands it back to you. It is very simple. You do not get any slip of paper or any receipt. You'll know the tip was included in the Premium package you bought when the actual charge you need to approve is for $62.10 per person per night which is 15% on top of the $54/pp/pd advertised cost of the package.

Does the same go for the basic drink package ,is everything included and you only tip extra if you wish too?

Yes - works the same way with all of the unlimited drink packages (Premium, Classic, water or soda). They are identified by either a code word or sticker on your card and it is verified when they scan the card on their register. Base gratuity is charged when you purchase the package on the total cost of the package. If you have any question about whether or not you beverage is included in your package then just ask or tell them you have the package when you order.

The drink package makes the trip so nice & stress free - no worrying how much you are spending, no monitoring of the bill to ensure staying on budget - it's lovely :-)

I also like no slips of paper, I can try something & if I don't like it I am not out $$ because it is already paid for with the package.

Our final printout took down a small forest as well (I planted some trees to offset when we got home!). Bottled water, smoothies, lattes, fresh squeezed oj, umbrella drinks, mimosas, champagne, beer, wine & martinis - these all add up over 7 days!

• 5 months later...
Yes and it goes to the bar staff the way the auto-gratuity goes to the housekeeping and dining staff. According to the FAQ:

Beverage Service personnel are acknowledged with a 15% service charge that will be automatically added to the bill. Additional gratuities may be added to the bill at your discretion.

It's assessed once, on the cost of the package, not on the actual cost per drink. You are correct that the premium package costs $62.10 not $54 when you get to the checkout portion of your Cruise Extras.

Sooooo, if you have the beverage package as part of the 1,2,3 Promotion is the 15% gratuity charged to your shipboard account or is it included in the "free" classic beverage package. I cannot seem to get the same answer from anyone so if there is anyone who has had the classic beverage package as part of the 1,2,3 promotion can you let me know how that will work. Thank you.

Sooooo, if you have the beverage package as part of the 1,2,3 Promotion is the 15% gratuity charged to your shipboard account or is it included in the "free" classic beverage package. I cannot seem to get the same answer from anyone so if there is anyone who has had the classic beverage package as part of the 1,2,3 promotion can you let me know how that will work. Thank you.
The 15% that is part of the classic package is already included and paid for by Celebrity. If you decide at any time during your cruise to upgrade to the Premium package, then you will be charged 10.00 per day, plus 1.50 gratuity for the upgrade. With the classic, you get beers up to 5.00 and drinks and wine up to 8.00, where as all 3 categories are up to 12.00 with the Premium. If you only have the classic and you decide to buy a beer that is over 5.00 or a drink that is over 8.00, you will be charged the entire amount, where as if you buy a 15.00 drink with the premium package, you're only charged the 3.00 difference, plus 15%.

The 15% that is part of the classic package is already included and paid for by Celebrity. If you decide at any time during your cruise to upgrade to the Premium package, then you will be charged 10.00 per day, plus 1.50 gratuity for the upgrade. With the classic, you get beers up to 5.00 and drinks and wine up to 8.00, where as all 3 categories are up to 12.00 with the Premium. If you only have the classic and you decide to buy a beer that is over 5.00 or a drink that is over 8.00, you will be charged the entire amount, where as if you buy a 15.00 drink with the premium package, you're only charged the 3.00 difference, plus 15%.

Thank you so much SNJCruisers. That is exactly the information I needed and I so appreciate your response.

Archived