Classic Beverage Package Question

Janner13

There is no limit. You're free to get sloppy drunk. :D Enjoy!

Well, no you're not. There's a code of guest behavior and it does not include getting sloppy drunk. Also, it's one drink at one time per seapass. It's alright to order two drinks but only if you have two seapasses with the package on it.

Well, no you're not. There's a code of guest behavior and it does not include getting sloppy drunk. Also, it's one drink at one time per seapass. It's alright to order two drinks but only if you have two seapasses with the package on it.

It was a joke, hence, the smiley face.

Would it make you feel any better if I said "heavily tipsy" instead of "sloppy drunk?"

Or, maybe I should have said that the OP could get excessively caffeinated drinking down Redbulls, Coke Zeros, specialty coffee drinks, and exotic teas? Certainly that complies with the code of guest behavior, right?

Would it make you feel any better if I said "heavily tipsy" instead of "sloppy drunk?"

Or, maybe I should have said that the OP could get excessively caffeinated drinking down Redbulls, Coke Zeros, specialty coffee drinks, and exotic teas? Certainly that complies with the code of guest behavior, right?

Never tried doing that.... Does the Martini Bar serve an Espresso Martini? :D

The celebrity policy when buying a Beverage package reads:

A 15% service charge will be added to Soda, Wine, Water, Classic and Premium Package prices at checkout. Packages are sold on a per cruise basis, are not sold on a per day or any other basis, and no refunds will be issued for unused amounts. Packages may not be shared, and do not include beverages sold in gift shops, mini-bar or room service.

Is that 15% service charge the tip? What exactly is the 15% service charge for? IE the Premium cost of a drink is $12 and usually that is 5 drinks a day they say it is $54 a night and then you open to book and it adds the 15% service charge on top of that. Now the price is $62 a day. As you have said no limit...who gets that service charge?

Just wondering?

KJ

The celebrity policy when buying a Beverage package reads:

A 15% service charge will be added to Soda, Wine, Water, Classic and Premium Package prices at checkout. Packages are sold on a per cruise basis, are not sold on a per day or any other basis, and no refunds will be issued for unused amounts. Packages may not be shared, and do not include beverages sold in gift shops, mini-bar or room service.

Is that 15% service charge the tip? What exactly is the 15% service charge for? IE the Premium cost of a drink is $12 and usually that is 5 drinks a day they say it is $54 a night and then you open to book and it adds the 15% service charge on top of that. Now the price is $62 a day. As you have said no limit...who gets that service charge?

Just wondering?

KJ

The 15% covers the gratuity. So, unless you want to provide an extra reward for good service, you don't have to tip your bartender. I imagine most or all of the 15% goes to ther service staff.

Is that 15% service charge the tip?

KJ

Yes and it goes to the bar staff the way the auto-gratuity goes to the housekeeping and dining staff. According to the FAQ:

Beverage Service personnel are acknowledged with a 15% service charge that will be automatically added to the bill. Additional gratuities may be added to the bill at your discretion.

It's assessed once, on the cost of the package, not on the actual cost per drink. You are correct that the premium package costs $62.10 not $54 when you get to the checkout portion of your Cruise Extras.

Never tried doing that.... Does the Martini Bar serve an Espresso Martini? :D

Yes.

If you want a real treat ask one of the bartenders at the Martini Bar if they, or anyone else at the bar, can make one for you with the recipe from the "old" martini bar menu. Try both versions and see which one you like more!

Sloppy drunk is a behaviour..... and fun!

If both Cosmo and Mimosa are $8 + under, we are in good shape with Classic Pkg!!! I am also a Vodka-Tonic drinker -- but with the pkg, I intend to try some new-to-me drinks!!

Just hope that Celebrity doesn't decide to raise prices of drinks to 8.50+ -- would mean that all of us who got the FREE 123GO Classic pkg + didn't upgrade are now out of luck!! Wouldn't put it pass them....

So I order a Priemum Martini from the bar. I give him my card that says pre-paid, does he give me a reciept or something that has a charge on? Or does he give me a slip that adds another 15% on?

I do pay extra for great service but, usually cash but I want to make sure the tip was included in the Premium card that I pre buy.

Any help here would be appreaciated.

KJ

So I order a Priemum Martini from the bar. I give him my card that says pre-paid, does he give me a receipt or something that has a charge on? Or does he give me a slip that adds another 15% on?

I do pay extra for great service but, usually cash but I want to make sure the tip was included in the Premium card that I pre buy.

Any help here would be appreaciated.

KJ

You hand him the card and after he scans it he hands it back to you. It is very simple. You do not get any slip of paper or any receipt. You'll know the tip was included in the Premium package you bought when the actual charge you need to approve is for $62.10 per person per night which is 15% on top of the $54/pp/pd advertised cost of the package.

Archived