WOW Sale Feb 25th-Feb 27th(2013)

PH8

Another probably stupid question, but wanted to see others thoughts.

I put a hold on a room last weekend (Sunday or Monday?). It expired Tuesday or Wednesday --at least that is when I got the email notification.

If I book a "new" cruise during this WOW sale since the other has expired, would I still get the OBC? Or would they consider that not a new booking if it is for the same date?

Another probably stupid question, but wanted to see others thoughts.

I put a hold on a room last weekend (Sunday or Monday?). It expired Tuesday or Wednesday --at least that is when I got the email notification.

If I book a "new" cruise during this WOW sale since the other has expired, would I still get the OBC? Or would they consider that not a new booking if it is for the same date?

If the booking expired before 2/19, then you would be OK.

Always book a balcony stateroom and get the 250.00 off for a seven day cruise. Its a joke that the wow sale does not apply to diamond member if you take the 250.00. Diamond benifits should be above any other deals offered. No reason to even bother booking during the WOW sale. I would like to take advantage of the 50% deposit at least. They can keep their onboard credit

The next WOW sale is coming.........granted it is not very WOW for some and really not a sale,but here's the flyer with FAQs..

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Promotions/13032991_WOW_Sale_2.25-2.27.pdf

They raised all their prices yesterday....so we knew a 'sale' was coming.

Rule 1...never book on a weekend.....just sayin'.

:cool:

If the booking expired before 2/19, then you would be OK.

Hmm...I just checked the emails. I put the hold on 2/17. I got an email on the 18th that it was about to expire. The confirmation that it expired came at 2:20am on the 20th! I guess it doesn't matter much anyway learning I can't combine my Emerald Balcony discount with the sale. The only problem is I want to finalize booking before the cabin I want is taken...and I'm not sure what will happen if I do this tomorrow? Will it still come up with the reduced deposit and then later tell me I have to pay more? I don't want any issues where they take away the OBC (which is what I expect) and then still telling me I can't have my balcony discount because it was booked during the sale.

Hmm...Maybe I should just finalize online tonight.

Hmm...I just checked the emails. I put the hold on 2/17. I got an email on the 18th that it was about to expire. The confirmation that it expired came at 2:20am on the 20th! I guess it doesn't matter much anyway learning I can't combine my Emerald Balcony discount with the sale. The only problem is I want to finalize booking before the cabin I want is taken...and I'm not sure what will happen if I do this tomorrow? Will it still come up with the reduced deposit and then later tell me I have to pay more? I don't want any issues where they take away the OBC (which is what I expect) and then still telling me I can't have my balcony discount because it was booked during the sale.

Hmm...Maybe I should just finalize online tonight.

You should not have any issues with not getting the balcony discount if you book during the sale. They are used to people taking the better of the benefits. I'm sure this happens from time to time when people book an OV during the sale and later decide to move to a balcony.

I want to take advantage of this sale on a 2014 cruise but those sailings aren't available yet. :(

Don't know, but I am looking at the Oasis of the Seas for May 2014 and I can find this at all of the online agency sites, as well as the rcl website.

Can we start booking now. Their homepage doesn't say anything about it now. It is the 25th. According to EST that is.

I was going to wait to book on our next cruise but the prices are going up so I thought I would take advantage now. No difference except $25 more for a deposit. No biggie.

Can we start booking now. Their homepage doesn't say anything about it now. It is the 25th. According to EST that is.

I was going to wait to book on our next cruise but the prices are going up so I thought I would take advantage now. No difference except $25 more for a deposit. No biggie.

Yes, you can start booking now, but I doubt the website will allow the half-price deposits. It's never been able to do that before.

Yes, you can start booking now, but I doubt the website will allow the half-price deposits. It's never been able to do that before.

How do we book online then for the reduced deposit? Anyone know. My wow sale link still shows starts in "1" day. Just one more reason the RC website is awful!!!

How do we book online then for the reduced deposit? Anyone know. My wow sale link still shows starts in "1" day. Just one more reason the RC website is awful!!!

I know you can call to book and get the half-price deposit. You can also put a sailing on courtesy hold, and then call to make the payment. This would save time on the phone.

Amazing they can spend $1.8 million a minute for ads, including one at the end of the Oscars stating that the WOW sale starts now and can not invest in a functioning website.

I am holding six reservations that I can not pay for yet. What a waste of resources to have all that promotion and then not follow up on getting the bookings.

this is from the second page of the flyer(see post#1).

Q.

Can the WOW Sale offer be booked through automation?

A.

Yes, between 12:01 am Local Time and 11:59pm Local Time. However, the OBC will not be added to the eligible bookings

until later and the full deposit amount will be reflected on the invoice. Payment of the reduced deposit amount will be

accepted though

this is from the second page of the flyer(see post#1).

Q.

Can the WOW Sale offer be booked through automation?

A.

Yes, between 12:01 am Local Time and 11:59pm Local Time. However, the OBC will not be added to the eligible bookings

until later and the full deposit amount will be reflected on the invoice. Payment of the reduced deposit amount will be

accepted though

I called and booked. Took 35 minutes though. The reduced payment isn't accepted for some reason even when you put it in. The rep even told me that you have to call. I don't know why they bother saying that on the website.

I called and booked. Took 35 minutes though. The reduced payment isn't accepted for some reason even when you put it in. The rep even told me that you have to call. I don't know why they bother saying that on the website.

No surprise:rolleyes:

Archived