Tickets and Final Documents

custompcsys

Can folks give me an idea of how long before your sailing date you received your final documents? I'm on the Diamond 7/16, and Princess basically tells you they go out anywhere from 2 weeks to 30 days before the cruise.

I used a TA, but the pre-cruise docs came directly to my home. Do they mail to the final docs to the TA or to me directly?

Thanks! :)

We are on the Sapphire on 7/3 and we got our docs a couple of weeks ago - we usually get them a month before - we go through TA too. The pre-cruise docs come directly from Princess, but the finals to to your TA first and then they send them on.

Hi Folks,

Don't know if Princess is getting cheap like other cruiselines but our EOS cruise with RCCL last Nov only yielded paper photocopies of embarkation docs sent by the cruiseline by fax to our TA

As Larry says, 2-4 weeks is the norm, maybe a week earlier if you have them do the air also.

Ciao for now!!!

I'm new to Princess, sailing in October. What are pre-cruise docs? We've never had anything from our other cruises but the actual cruise docs.
The pre-cruise docs include your immigration and embarkation information forms. You can fill them out either online or return the docs. You'll also receive a booklet with a list of all of the tours available, with complete descriptions, and you'll be able to pre-reserve any ship's tours. You can also do this online. [NOTE: unlike RCCL, you don't pay for tours when you reserve them. They are true reservations and will be charged to your onboard account when you board.] And, you'll receive an "Answer Booklet" with any and all information you might need or want regarding the cruise, what to expect, etc.

The pre-cruise docs are sent to you about 3 weeks after final payment.

By doing the embarkation forms ahead of time, Princess embarkation is a breeze compared to other cruiselines. You present your cruise booklet, your identification and credit card, and they hand you your cruise card. Very quick and easy.

We are on the Diamond Princess on July 2. I just received our cruise tickets in the mail yesterday. By the way, our pre-cruise documents (with passenger imigration forms) were mailed directly to us, but the cruise tickets were sent to our TA, who then mailed them to me.

RCCl has moved to electronic documents, which can be faxed or emailed much faster than paper documents. It has been said that Princess will be doing the same in the future, as will most cruise lines. We got used to it for airlines tickets, so we can learn to do the same with cruise docs.

The timing on Princess docs varies, but if you have NOT used Princess Air, you will usually get your docs a earlier than if they are booking the air for you. Generally about 30 days out is a pretty good average number.

We booked our July 3rd cruise on the Sapphire through Costco and when I called today, they said the documents were mailed out this morning. Isn't that always the way? Should have them by Saturday.

49er

We're on the July 11th sailing on The Golden and our TA received our documents and mailed them to us on June 6 and we received them today, June 9th. We were also on the Golden in October and booked directly with Princess but somehow they screwed up and included our tickets in a batch to a local TA here in Naples who just happened to live in our development so she hand delivered them to us that night.

One interesting thing to note is Princess seems to do regular mail while Disney send them through Fed Ex.

Archived