Pre-Cruise Cooler beer package in room

bhelenep

It's a small (think lunch box) cooler. It's not made exceptionally well so it does leak when the ice melts. It's a great novelty gift, but might not be ideal for taking into port, especially since you can't take food or alcohol off the ship.

Hello,

Did anyone buy this? I'm considering it. Thought it would be good for going in ports to the beach. Is it a decent cooler? Leak? Decent size? Was the beer cold when you got to the room? Thanks for your reply.

Buy buckets of beer at the beaches in the Carribbean. Its nice to sample the different local beers. Almost wanted to bring back a neat souvenir can with a shark pictured on it.

Got hubby one on our b2b. Feb 14th, it is a nice size we had 4 beers and 4 Pepsi in it. It also has a small pocket on the front. Beer was not on ice when we got in the cabin but our room steward kept it filled for us. After being full of ice/water it did sweat after about the 5th day. Hubby loved it and said it will be great for on our boat in the summer.

It is much better and bigger than the much smaller square ones they used to have

It's a small (think lunch box) cooler. It's not made exceptionally well so it does leak when the ice melts. It's a great novelty gift, but might not be ideal for taking into port, especially since you can't take food or alcohol off the ship.

They now have a bigger cooler for sale through bon voyage dept. Hubby bought beer and ice at a store in one port, worked out great for him.

I purchased it for our last cruise in November. Beer is not on ice when you receive it, but just take one to the bar when you are ready to drink and they will swap it out for a cold one. Our steward kept the cooler filled with ice and we kept our wine and a few sodas in it all week with no issues.

I've ordered one for my DH for our Breeze cruise in 3 weeks. When I ordered it, then only choices for beer were Corona and Bud Light. They have since changed the web site and you can pick from 7 different beers. I called Bon Voyage and they told me they would switch it to my husband's preferred choice.

Ours did not leak, but while the ice melted condensation formed on the outside. The one we got is round with straps and if you use the straps right it will stay in the collapses form. It is also the perfect size to keep the pumpkin pies and rolls warm on the way to thanksgiving dinner.

I purchased 2 on my last 2 cruises. love them. the ones we received were round cylinder shaped, and collapsed on itself. It came with a bottle opener on a retractable string. they never leaked, but did sweat.

When we arrived in our cabin, they were waiting for us wrapped up like a nice little gift. our steward later filled our cooler with ice. i would carry our cooler all over the ship. it was much easier toting the cooler around full of cold beer than a metal pan.

Archived