Questions re the Allegrissimo package

ebony.1

...If you book the package online, it will be billed to your onboard account during your cruise. You can contact your travel agency to prepay if you would like.

Regards,

Hello MSC Cruises USA,

Thank you for following these forums and providing some answers for the USA market. A couple of more questions regarding Miami - DIVINA departures:

1) If we book the drink package online before the cruise, and it is billed to the onboard account, does that mean that the 15% service charge will be added because the charge is considered an "onboard" charge? Or is the 15% waived because it was booked "in advance," online??

2) I read that all ONBOARD charges would be billed to credit card through the European office, which often triggers "foreign service charges" for USA-based credit cards. Does this also apply to the future Divina sailings? Or will they be billed through the Ft. Lauderdale office, thereby not charged as "foreign" transactions?

Since I would like to avoid paying BOTH the additonal 15% AND the foreign transaction fee charged by my credit card :eek:, I'm guessing it's best to pre-pay everything I can in advance of the cruise. :)

Thank you for your response. Looking forward to cruising on the Divina!

Hello Shuttle142,

If you book the package online, it will be billed to your onboard account during your cruise. You can contact your travel agency to prepay if you would like.

Regards,

Thank you MSC, for your quick reply ..looking forward to October, this will be a first for us on any MSC ships , we have sailed with RCI,NCL twice in the last couple of years ..regards shuttle142

Hello MSC Cruises USA,

Thank you for following these forums and providing some answers for the USA market. A couple of more questions regarding Miami - DIVINA departures:

1) If we book the drink package online before the cruise, and it is billed to the onboard account, does that mean that the 15% service charge will be added because the charge is considered an "onboard" charge? Or is the 15% waived because it was booked "in advance," online??

2) I read that all ONBOARD charges would be billed to credit card through the European office, which often triggers "foreign service charges" for USA-based credit cards. Does this also apply to the future Divina sailings? Or will they be billed through the Ft. Lauderdale office, thereby not charged as "foreign" transactions?

Since I would like to avoid paying BOTH the additonal 15% AND the foreign transaction fee charged by my credit card :eek:, I'm guessing it's best to pre-pay everything I can in advance of the cruise. :)

Thank you for your response. Looking forward to cruising on the Divina!

Hi Seavee-

The 15% is waived if you book online. Even though it is not being charged until onboard, we still have verification in our system that this is done prior to sailing and therefore the 15% charge does not appear on your statement.

Our accounting onboard is ran through our bank overseas. MSC Cruises USA is only a sales and marketing office and therefore your cruise contract is with MSC Crociere, S.A. If your credit card or bank company charges foreign transaction fees, you may incur this. I recommend to all of our guests to check with their bank ahead of time. You can always avoid this fee if you use cash onboard instead of your card.

Hope this helps! Happy sailings!!

On our two previous MSC cruises my statement showed that the exchange transaction was carried out via France, my bank also added a charge for a non Sterling transaction as well!

MSC USA ... I note that you have not yet managed to respond to my earlier question elsewhere regarding a statement made by the UK office regarding the Allegrissimo package and that the USA office had requested that it not be available on the Divina repo in November ?

Despite the information from this Thread.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1889047

On our two previous MSC cruises my statement showed that the exchange transaction was carried out via France, my bank also added a charge for a non Sterling transaction as well!

MSC USA ... I note that you have not yet managed to respond to my earlier question elsewhere regarding a statement made by the UK office regarding the Allegrissimo package and that the USA office had requested that it not be available on the Divina repo in November ?

Despite the information from this Thread.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1889047

Hi Sidari-

I apologize and should have informed you that I am still awaiting a reply. I hope to have an answer to you soon!

Regards,

The 15% is waived if you book online. Even though it is not being charged until onboard, we still have verification in our system that this is done prior to sailing and therefore the 15% charge does not appear on your statement.

Our accounting onboard is ran through our bank overseas. MSC Cruises USA is only a sales and marketing office and therefore your cruise contract is with MSC Crociere, S.A. If your credit card or bank company charges foreign transaction fees, you may incur this. I recommend to all of our guests to check with their bank ahead of time. You can always avoid this fee if you use cash onboard instead of your card.

Thank you MSC-USA for your speedy reply. Yes, this info helps with the planning!

Hi Seavee-

Just to be sure I understand....If I book the Allegrissimo package now for my December Divina trip, am I correct in understanding that the charge would be billed once we are onboard without the 15% service charge? I had ordered a wine package through my TA and it was billed when I ordered it.

Thanks

Barbara

There are 2 ways to prebook

Book an onboard service online. That gets added to your onboard account but no 15% service charge or

Book and add to your invoice, so you pay before you go. Also does not have 15% service charge.

We are thinking of purchasing the 'Allegrissimo' drinks package ( not the Premium) for our Divina cruise. I have read most of the recent threads regarding this, but a couple of questions please.

When it says hot drinks are included, is this just the regular sort in the Buffett areas or does it cover the fancy coffees ?

How about fruit juices from the bar or restaurants is that included ?

I take it that what is included for the children, the adults are allowed as well.

Thanks

As you can see from all the resonses - it is ABSOLUTELY the best thing to do (the drinks package). We did it in June.

Just to be sure I understand....If I book the Allegrissimo package now for my December Divina trip, am I correct in understanding that the charge would be billed once we are onboard without the 15% service charge? I had ordered a wine package through my TA and it was billed when I ordered it.

Thanks

Barbara

Hi Barbara,

Correct, anything that is pre-booked prior to the cruise with us via our website or if you book with your TA and pay then, the price already includes the 15%, so therefore you will not be charged this onboard. If this was the case, you may contact us at customer-srvc@msccruisesusa.com and we would be happy to look into it for you.

Regards,

Hi Sidari-

I apologize and should have informed you that I am still awaiting a reply. I hope to have an answer to you soon!

Regards,

Happy Friday Cruise Critic friends!

It has been announced that MSC Cruises expands all-inclusive drink packages for 2013-2014 Caribbean sailings. We will be offering an extensive list of packages available, which you can view on the attachment.

Happy sailings to all!

MSC CRUISES EXPANDS ALL-INCLUSIVE DRINK PACKAGES FOR 2013-2014 CARIBBEAN SAILINGS (2).pdf

We are on the Divina....from Venice to Miami.......is there something like the Dinner Wine Package for us???....ie.....7 bottles for $85.....and the Beer Package.....14 for $52......

one might assume for NA passangers they might pre start this service to check how it works before the ship starts going out of Miami.....I would like to be a guinea pig for this service...Thanks...ken

We are on the Divina....from Venice to Miami.......is there something like the Dinner Wine Package for us???....ie.....7 bottles for $85.....and the Beer Package.....14 for $52......

one might assume for NA passangers they might pre start this service to check how it works before the ship starts going out of Miami.....I would like to be a guinea pig for this service...Thanks...ken

Hi Ken,

We do offer different wine packages before the cruise as well as once you are onboard. If you would like to see what is available before the cruise, you can visit your local MSC website and put in your reservation details. The section is onboard services on our website. I hope this helps and if you have more questions or specifics, you can email customer-srvc@msccruisesusa.com. If you didn't book through our office, we will gladly assist in getting you to the correct office.

Regards,

It has been announced that MSC Cruises expands all-inclusive drink packages for 2013-2014 Caribbean sailings. We will be offering an extensive list of packages available, which you can view on the attachment.

Happy sailings to all!

Hi

I am correct in thinking that with the all inclusive beverage carnet

package we can have that for just 2 of the 3 people in our cabin also if you do not use all the vouchers in one maybe a port can they be carried forward to the next day. Are Cappuccino's and cocktails included I don't drink but my husband does.

Thanks Judith

Anyone can share a book of vouchers which are valid for the entire cruise. Just buy the booklets one at a time. If you use them up, buy another booklet at any bar.

There are no all inclusive voucher package. You buy a beer one or a cocktail one or soft drinks or whatever. You get one drink for each voucher.

Happy sailings to all!

MSC Cruises USA: When will the *new* packages be available on the MSC-USA web site for online booking? Some of these look pretty good! :)

Also...how far in advance of a cruise are the MSC excursions published? I realize it's still "early," but there are hardly any available for my May 24, 2014 Divina sailing.

Thank you!

Returned from MSC Splendida cruise last Monday - it was my first cruise and I was one of a party of 11 - all family, ages 5 to 78! We all had allegrissimo package. Well worth it! milkshakes included, we all loved them. cocktails to die for!! try mojitos and spritzer hugo, out favourite! We calculated that we spent at least double the package cost, the convenience in itself made the holiday. Cappuchino and fresh orange available at the bars at all times and lovely! hope you have as good a time as we had!

Good morning Ebony,

The classic allegrissimo package includes the following hot drinks: espresso, cappucino, caffelatte, hot chocolate, regular and decaffeinated coffees (excludes special coffees and spirit coffees). Fruit juices include orange, pineapple, grapefruit, green apple and cranberry. Juice PAGO in bottles is available as well. Spremuta (freshly squeezed orange juice) is available upon request also.

Regards,

Happy sailings!

Thanks MSC...This cleared alot up for me....One more question please...

Can we get espresso and cappuchino after dinner at table?

Hi, We are set to sail on the opera next week. Just wondering how we get the allegrissimo card? We have prebooked the package but when the tickets and luggage labels came last week there was no mention of it. Will there be a card waiting for us when we board? Will we have to go to the desk to pick it up? Thanks

Hi, We are set to sail on the opera next week. Just wondering how we get the allegrissimo card? We have prebooked the package but when the tickets and luggage labels came last week there was no mention of it. Will there be a card waiting for us when we board? Will we have to go to the desk to pick it up? Thanks

Hi Sally.

The drinks package is "loaded" to your cruise card. No separate card is needed. The code printed on the cruise card tells the waiters what package your on.

Archived