Questions re the Allegrissimo package

ebony.1

Ok I know this is a different subject just wondering how to find the live blogs I find them very informative ?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Search for "live blog" (top right). Add MSC and the ship as appropriate.

There are two links in my signature. They were not 'normal' experiences though :).

Am I right that the Alegrissimo package is not valid at the MDR? Only in the buffett restaurant an at the bars?

Alerrgissimo is valid everywhere (on drinks relevant to your package)

Hi, We are set to sail on the opera next week. Just wondering how we get the allegrissimo card? We have prebooked the package but when the tickets and luggage labels came last week there was no mention of it. Will there be a card waiting for us when we board? Will we have to go to the desk to pick it up? Thanks

This is my card from Opera last week. The "All" circled in red is the coding for the allegrissimo package and is what the waiters look at. The card will be swiped and the end total will read €0.00 and the individual items will be listed along with their "price" as if you were going to be charged. You sing the slip and they give you a copy

P1030651b.jpg

Pete

This is my card from Opera last week. The "All" circled in red is the coding for the allegrissimo package and is what the waiters look at. The card will be swiped and the end total will read €0.00 and the individual items will be listed along with their "price" as if you were going to be charged. You sing the slip and they give you a copy

P1030651b.jpg

Pete

So will this show you what ure bill could have come to ? Hope so !

So will this show you what ure bill could have come to ? Hope so !

In a one word answer YES

I kept track of mine and although we are only light drinkers we averaged €65 per day and the package cost €46 per day for the both of us. if you add on the 15% service charge €65 becomes €74.75.

A typical bill was in the MDR:- 2 glasses of sparkling wine each (2 people) plus 2 bottles of water : €30

Pete

I love the gloat that I will have when I see the money I have saved especially with no single supplement on my trip as well!

It's great isn't it?

My next trip was going to have been a land based holiday in Spain or Greece, but when I got a great deal for a superior balcony for the same price as an inside and a drastly reduced solo supplement, it was a no brainier. There's no way I could get a decent hotel full board for £550 in Aug in Med....and all my drinks taken care of for €161!

Do you think we could really get a bonus run and I might get a free upgrade

You can but hope!

Which ship are you sailing on? If it is one of the Fantasia or Musica class ships, you've got more chance of an upgrade to a balcony as they have far more cabins with balconies than the Lirica class ones

You can but hope!

Which ship are you sailing on? If it is one of the Fantasia or Musica class ships, you've got more chance of an upgrade to a balcony as they have far more cabins with balconies than the Lirica class ones

I'm on the orchestra. Have you ever done a transatlantic cruise. My flights are included but I need to book connecting flights to London??? from Belfast . I'm unsure which london Airport and I'm hoping they don't take to long as I am see some great prices that will eventually go up!!!

Yes I've done 4 of them. To and from the Carribean and to and from South America.

They often use BA. Not sure which direction you are going? If you're lucky they'll give you the Gatwick flight for Genoa, but sometimes they use Milan Malpensa or Nice and coach transfer to/from Genoa.

My flight to Buenos Aires was Heathrow with BA and my flight back from Riomwas meant to be BA to Heathrow until I changed my mind at short notice and asked for a flight back 2 nights later. BA flight was full so they switched me to TAM also to Heathrow. There is a good chance it's going to be Heathrow for the South American flight and Gatwick for the European flight.

I usually hassle them for confirmation of the flights 3-4 months out. I tell them I need to know if I have an an overnight stay for my connecting flights and extra time off work and I also need to book the connections.

I'm always a very happy bunny when it's BA all the way. It's easy for me to get a shuttle connection with them and my luggage gets checked all the way through and they are absolutely the best for generous luggage allowances and charges for extra luggage. There is no weight restriction whatsoever on the standard cabin bag and handbag is allowed on top (I often have more than 15 kegs in hand luggage alone). Checked baggage is 23 and they are not very strict if you are a wee bit over. If you need a second bag for a long trip, they charge a very reasonable flat fee for upmto another 23kgs - none of this charging by the kilo milarkey!

Hope you have a great time. Repos are fantastic fun and so reasonably priced.

• 3 weeks later...
Yes I've done 4 of them. To and from the Carribean and to and from South America.

They often use BA. Not sure which direction you are going? If you're lucky they'll give you the Gatwick flight for Genoa, but sometimes they use Milan Malpensa or Nice and coach transfer to/from Genoa.

My flight to Buenos Aires was Heathrow with BA and my flight back from Riomwas meant to be BA to Heathrow until I changed my mind at short notice and asked for a flight back 2 nights later. BA flight was full so they switched me to TAM also to Heathrow. There is a good chance it's going to be Heathrow for the South American flight and Gatwick for the European flight.

I usually hassle them for confirmation of the flights 3-4 months out. I tell them I need to know if I have an an overnight stay for my connecting flights and extra time off work and I also need to book the connections.

I'm always a very happy bunny when it's BA all the way. It's easy for me to get a shuttle connection with them and my luggage gets checked all the way through and they are absolutely the best for generous luggage allowances and charges for extra luggage. There is no weight restriction whatsoever on the standard cabin bag and handbag is allowed on top (I often have more than 15 kegs in hand luggage alone). Checked baggage is 23 and they are not very strict if you are a wee bit over. If you need a second bag for a long trip, they charge a very reasonable flat fee for upmto another 23kgs - none of this charging by the kilo milarkey!

You are the bees knees thank so much will get booking and harassing at the same time hopefully msc will return my email!!!

I have a question regarding the Allegrissimo package. Is it available from the minute you board the ship or does it start at a certain time (e.g. after the ship has sailed or after the muster drill):confused:

Thanks!

It starts from the minute you are onboard.

You are the bees knees thank so much will get booking and harassing at the same time hopefully msc will return my email!!!

Thanks!

If they don't respond in a reasonable time use messaging service on FaceBook, they reply really fast that way.

I just got my flight details and I'm flying from London heathrow to malpensa and hopefully a transfer to genoa. Just wondering do you get a voucher with your tickets for transfer and how long is the journey. Does a msc rep meet u at the airport just few questions need for the one I call "The Oracle" like in matrix ;)

But there is some argument about when it finishes!

Some people have had issues getting a drink morning of dis-embarkation.

We wondered about this but managed to get cappuccinos and water whilst waiting to disembark the Opera earlier this month-it made the short wait much nicer :)

But there is some argument about when it finishes!

Some people have had issues getting a drink morning of dis-embarkation.

On our recent cruise on OPERA the alligssimo package was valid on the morning of disembarkation if you had your on board account settled by credit card. If however you paid cash to settle your on board account then the alligressimo package was not valid for the morning of disembarkation.

We had fresh OJ with breakfast and bottles of water for the journey home, and we saw many people with cans of soft drinks to take off with them and some people getting in their last couple of beers before getting off.

Pete

Archived