Inside Cabin with Porthole (Category IP)

SNL4

Has anyone stayed in one of these inside porthole cabins (I think it's considered category IP), particularly on the Carnival Victory?

This is the first time I'm seeing this, and they are cheaper than some of the other inside cabins. Too good to be true? Some significant downside? Please let me know of any experience you have with these. Thanks!

Has anyone stayed in one of these inside porthole cabins (I think it's considered category IP), particularly on the Carnival Victory?

This is the first time I'm seeing this, and they are cheaper than some of the other inside cabins. Too good to be true? Some significant downside? Please let me know of any experience you have with these. Thanks!

I think it is the one with bunk beds or is it two singles? Either way it is a nice way to get ov for inside price.

We do PT's when available.

Usually porthole cabins are PT. I LOVE them. My first choice when booking. Some would consider that the fact that they are far forward a negative. Doesn't bother me with motion... Best value on board. PT's are why I book a year in advance because they usually go really fast. Don't hesitate...

I think it is the one with bunk beds or is it two singles? Either way it is a nice way to get ov for inside price.

The description lists it as two twins (convert to king).

Usually porthole cabins are PT.

And yes, the cabin code is a PT. Not sure where I saw IP.

The description lists it as two twins (convert to king).

The description and/or the picture on the deckplans is not always accurate......I try to verify with someone who has actually been in a specific cabin as to the set up.

I'm in 2216 on the Conquest and 2217 on the Magic, which are a twin and sofa with 2 portholes but I've verified the layout. They are our 1st 1A's and we are really looking forward to them even though they are forward and we prefer midship just because of the location.

Fortunately neither of us is bothered by the crashing of the waves against the hull or greater motion in the front of the ship.

I stayed in one on the Imagination last year and will again this year. Upper deck on that ship forward. It had a King size bed. You really can't see much through the porthole, but it's nice to have natural light coming through.

Always try and get these when I am cruising solo- there are a few 1As and a couple of PT cabins all with portholes. Most recently stayed in 2212 on the Breeze and loved it. Lots of space and yes usually cheaper than an inside cabin with the 'bonus' of natural light...grab one if you can :)

As a solo cruiser, I have loved these cabins. I've had 1210 on the Magic and R12 on the Fantasy. One advantage is, less foot traffic and people noise!

The motion does not bother me, it's like being rocked to sleep. On the Fantasy, coming into port was a bit noisy, but was also a nice alarm clock. Your choice on how you look at it!

If you can grab one, do it :D

Just returned from the Magic. Had what was called upper/lower porthole. Our steward made up the couch as the 2nd bed rather than pulling down the upper. We would have been fine either way. It seemed roomier to me than the standard inside due to the beds being end to end rather than side by side. It was cheaper than a regular inside. We booked ES and got several OBCs due to fare reductions. From now on I'll try to book this type of cabin. We were on deck 1, 2nd from the most forward cabin. The first night was a little rough and we heard some booms from the ship hitting the waves or currents. The next 6 nights were quiet.

Thanks for all the feedback everyone!

Victory cabin 2217 had 2 single beds, and a couch. 2 porthole windows allowed a lot of natural light. We also used cabin 1216 on the Breeze which was the same set up.

Looks like the two beds can be combined from your pictures. I am thinking the PT are different from the 1A which have two beds that can't be combined. The earlier mention that the descriptions/pictures can be totally wrong had me concerned. I think the available PT rooms I'm looking at are 1210 and 1209 on Victory.

We stayed in one on the Elation several years ago. Room was great. Portholes were cool. The only downside was something "mechanical" was under us.. Thrusters maybe? The whole room shook everytime the boat ported. We were jolted out of bed at 4am the first time... By the end of the 7 days we just laid there laughing. The price was great, but I can't say we would every book one again. Funny memories though :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Usually porthole cabins are PT. I LOVE them. My first choice when booking. Some would consider that the fact that they are far forward a negative. Doesn't bother me with motion... Best value on board. PT's are why I book a year in advance because they usually go really fast. Don't hesitate...

Great to know!!! Just booked 2 of them on the Splendor for December!!! ;)

Not only do you get a window to see when it is daylight, the ones we stayed in had more floor space. It also makes a nice place to collect your towel animals, so they don't have to be destroyed every day. :eek:

Agreed - a definite 'bonus'! :D

Nov2012BreezeTA1107.jpg

Archived