Early saver denied, yet I have screen shot

bksjes1998

On Monday, the Past Guest Big sale showed a $70 price drop for our cruise. I had to do a mock booking because fare viewer has not worked for me for the past two weeks.

In the denial email it said that price was for category 6B and not 6C. I have the screen shot to prove that it was for my 6C and it was at $668. Of course the email said to check fare viewer (kinda hard when it is not working:confused:).

Has anyone had success emailing them your screenshot and Carnival giving you the credit?

Yesterday, I checked again and the price is now $708 for 6C. This would give us $20 OBC. I went ahead and submitted another form yesterday just in case they don't do anything about the one I sent in on the 25th.

On Monday, the Past Guest Big sale showed a $70 price drop for our cruise. I had to do a mock booking because fare viewer has not worked for me for the past two weeks.

In the denial email it said that price was for category 6B and not 6C. I have the screen shot to prove that it was for my 6C and it was at $668. Of course the email said to check fare viewer (kinda hard when it is not working:confused:).

Has anyone had success emailing them your screenshot and Carnival giving you the credit?

Yesterday, I checked again and the price is now $708 for 6C. This would give us $20 OBC. I went ahead and submitted another form yesterday just in case they don't do anything about the one I sent in on the 25th.

I submitted a price drop last month and it was denied saying that price was never available. I sent her the screen shot to which she replied my fare is the same rate. When I told her the price was $40 cheaper she once again said that rate was never available. I stopped dealing with her and emailed Carnival support and was given the credit. I also took the advice of another poster and submitted a new claim form. It turned out that wasn't necessary but it was a back up plan. :)

I had a price drop for my 8A for the Victory and I actually wasn't aware that the ES rate would match sale prices. I called to ask and they matched me, and even offered me to upgrade to an 8C if I wanted to seeing as the 'big sale' offered that.

I should have saved $440 between 2 rooms. The email I got back today said we didn't qualify because we were not Early Saver. Umm....yes we were.

However, I gave them the benefit of the doubt because I switched us to a Balcony room using their Past Guest Save Big after I submitted the form. I can only assume that when they looked, they saw my new reservation and it of course doesn't qualify.

But what if they looked at it before I did that? Early Saver is Early Saver.

i had the same problem. Today I spoke to the complaint department fo an HOUR and was told I was getting nothing. This will be my 5th cruise with carnival and I am truely disgusted with the way I was treated. I will never cruise with them again!!!!!! I hope those few dollars was worth losing a long time customer!

i had the same problem. Today I spoke to the complaint department fo an HOUR and was told I was getting nothing. This will be my 5th cruise with carnival and I am truely disgusted with the way I was treated. I will never cruise with them again!!!!!! I hope those few dollars was worth losing a long time customer!

First off, no they don't care. 2nd, you're the one having a fit over a few dollars. I have done early saver many times and have never gotten one cut. Each cruise has gone up. My question is, you're all upset, but what if they came after you if the price went up? Be happy with the price you paid, go have fun and don't let your preconceived disgust ruin your trip.

First off, no they don't care. 2nd, you're the one having a fit over a few dollars. I have done early saver many times and have never gotten one cut. Each cruise has gone up. My question is, you're all upset, but what if they came after you if the price went up? Be happy with the price you paid, go have fun and don't let your preconceived disgust ruin your trip.

Isn't that a silly question to ask? People book Early Saver for a reason. Carnival says you get a price drop and your down payment guarantees at least the rate your booked at. So getting charged MORE doesn't make sense either. I do agree with you in enjoying the cruise part. :cool:

On Monday (last day before my final payment) I spent 20 min on hold waiting for a Carnival rep and then another 25 minutes listening to her tell me that she "wasn't seeing" the rate I was sitting there looking at....:mad:.

But I was persistant and finally asked her to go into the Carnival website and do a mock booking just like I had done and.....PRESTO.....there was the rate!!!

I don't know why it wasn't on her screen but from listening to her it sounded like she was looking through many, many rate structures. I don't believe they had everything in place for these reps before they introduced this last sale.

After another 10 min of her talking to her supervisor I finally got my $70 credit. Man did I earn that one!!!!

I dont think thats right at all. Its the principle of it and honestly one likes dealing with an honest company. In many cases one pays that little extra to avail of ES to INSURE against price drops. Yes it may only be a few dollars but it again it is the principle of it. If I pay a milk man a dollar to deliver me a pint of milk then I expect it to be delivered. Yes its only a dollar but it is a product that I have paid for.

Thats not the "deal". In the agreement made when you book, Carnival doesn't have the option to raise your price if the rates go up, but they do DO promise to give you a price drop, if you are ES. I would get upset too, If they break the contract they made when I booked, and I'd say goodbye.

"Did your screen shot show the number of people in your cabin in the same 6C catagory?

I've seen instances where can't get new rates on quads or triples b/c none currently available but 6C showing for doubles."

Yes the screen shot showed our room U170 (grayed out of course) and then U206 and 5 other rooms as available. Same category and 2 people per room.

Yes the screen shot showed our room U170 (grayed out of course) and then U206 and 5 other rooms as available. Same category and 2 people per room.

Seems like you have a good case then. They are arguing price wasn't available for 6C but screenshot shows it was. They are probably looking at something that just shows 6A and 6B and the promo booking under had "free upgrades" that allows you to get same pricing on 6C. Either way, b/c fareviewer down, they should take the screenshot. Whether it is worth your time and effort is a different story.

I'd keep submitting b/c that takes seconds but wouldn't stay on hold and keep trying to explain it. Screen print doesn't lie, you cannot edit it! You may want to print entire mock booking page into a pdf so they see everything and know you can't edit it.

I sent in a price drop for my cruise and got a denial email. However, what I didn't notice at first was that the booking number quoted in the denial was NOT my booking number! So, I re-submitted the Early Saver form and noted that in the comment section. I did get the price drop then.

Not sure how often this happens, but I'd never had it happen before.

I had a similar problem this month with not getting a credit. Sent all the documentation in an email and still was not approved. I called my PVP and she worked with the right people and helped to get the adjustment. She said to always call her and she would make sure things got approved.

I wish the form had a way of attaching screen shots as it would make things easier

I had same problem. I just keep submitting still havent gotten it. They have a computer that when they put in your info it lets them know if your cat is included inthe price drop. Talked with rep n she was trying to explain. I told her thank you n hung up.

Is it possible that the fare is a 6B, but with the sale, you are getting an upgarde to a 6C, so in effect, that really is a 6B fare? Just a thought....

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

Same this happened to me. I am in a 6C on the Fantasy in April. I had a screen shot, but only of the Sale price which showed on Ocean View Stateroom with # of travelers, but not the upgrade to midship or Main level. Mine was denied. Good Luck...I hope you get it!

I did this a couple of years ago. I didn't have any problems. Ended up with a $300 credit (we had and Oceanview). I did one for my friend who her and her husband had a balcony and they got I think about $140. I guess it really all depends on who you talk too. Your best of the best bet is to take a screen shot then get on the phone with someone immediately. If that person doesn't help you. Call back and talk to someone else. But just keep trying. Persistance often pays off.

Archived