Early saver denied, yet I have screen shot

bksjes1998

Same this happened to me. I am in a 6C on the Fantasy in April. I had a screen shot, but only of the Sale price which showed on Ocean View Stateroom with # of travelers, but not the upgrade to midship or Main level. Mine was denied. Good Luck...I hope you get it!

I almost learned this the hard way I got a screen shot of the rate, but it didn't specify the category, even though I was booked in a cove, the lowest category balcony, and I got a shot of the base balcony rate. I also didn't get the sailing date in there. Thankfully the price has dropped way below that this week. Now I'm making sure to get the screen shot to include the sail date and the words "cove balcony"!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Can somebody please explain to a newbie cruiser (January was our first) time so still learning tid bits here and there what the letters mean when you are talking price drops as in the a, b, c. Thanks.

The letters go with the level of cabin. A 7C is a cove balcony. Regular balconies usually start with 8 and the higher the deck, the higher the letter.

I submitted an early saver form for a price drop I saw last week, and thankfully I took a screenshot however, I have not heard back from them. And when I call, they obviously don't see the price available, so they won't/can't honor it. Maybe I'll call tomorrow and see if someone can look back and see (from what I read on here). I wish they'd be more on top of it, but I know people are submitting forms everyday.

.... Whether it is worth your time and effort is a different story.

I'd keep submitting b/c that takes seconds but wouldn't stay on hold and keep trying to explain it. Screen print doesn't lie, you cannot edit it! You may want to print entire mock booking page into a pdf so they see everything and know you can't edit it.

A screen shot is just an image file. It is pretty easy to edit if you know what you're doing and have a bit of patience.

After reading all this, I remember my last price drop on another cruise line. I called customer service the moment I noticed. They looked it up, said the price, I agreed, and they gave me instant credit. So what happened with Carnival and Customer service?

Just thought I would give an update, I have not received a response from the reply email I sent back to Carnival with the screen shot attached.

Although, I did get the OBC for the other claim I sent.

Today with the onboard credit plus upgrades past guest sale I put in for another price reduction. If I get this one it will only be a $10 difference from the one I did not get approved originally.

I sent in a request last week, as past guest showed lower than early saver. Someone on my roll call notified us of this, so far my roll call is early saver people and we have all booked porthole cabins. She got no response, but it shows an OBC on her Manage my Cruise- I got an email, that said I would get an email one way or the other, that they were backed up-and while I did the same thing she did, she was paid in full, and I am not. She got no email but got OBC, I got an email and nada-zip-squat. I think it depends on who you get when you email or call-which is sad that there is no across the board way of doing things with them.

I had a similar issue and ended up on the phone with someone who was talking to a person that could make the adjustment. I had to resize and resend the screenshot several times for them to see that the rate was available. It was extremely frustrating but I'm glad I insisted on staying on the line until they got it straightened out.

This is the first time I've booked early saver and have had a great experience with over $1,000 in price drops for 3 passengers. I'm grateful Carnival offers this option and gives you the choice of rates to book. I compare it to shopping with coupons. You can save some money if you want to put forth the effort. I don't understand why some people think the cruiseline should have to give them the lower rate. If gas goes down the day after I fill up, I don't go back and ask for money back.

I find it remarkable that this "catch me if you can" method for crediting price drops has any credibility. I don't know why more people don't take them to task for such an embarrassing business practice.

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!! If enough people would truly get enough of the "hide and seek" and "cat and mouse" mentality Carnival has adopted as of late, it could be cause for a revolution. CARNIVAL knows exactly what they are doing and it is "shady" to the core.

We cannot wait to explore other cruise lines in the future!

On Monday, the Past Guest Big sale showed a $70 price drop for our cruise. I had to do a mock booking because fare viewer has not worked for me for the past two weeks.

In the denial email it said that price was for category 6B and not 6C. I have the screen shot to prove that it was for my 6C and it was at $668. Of course the email said to check fare viewer (kinda hard when it is not working:confused:).

Has anyone had success emailing them your screenshot and Carnival giving you the credit?

Yesterday, I checked again and the price is now $708 for 6C. This would give us $20 OBC. I went ahead and submitted another form yesterday just in case they don't do anything about the one I sent in on the 25th.

I'm excited, just got an email from Carnival saying they price-matched per the screenshot I sent them. They were able to see the promotion and price per my category. I now have $150 OBC.

I don't understand why some people think the cruiseline should have to give them the lower rate. If gas goes down the day after I fill up, I don't go back and ask for money back.

If only I could ask for my money back when the gas prices drop after I fill up! LOL

First off, no they don't care. 2nd, you're the one having a fit over a few dollars. I have done early saver many times and have never gotten one cut. Each cruise has gone up. My question is, you're all upset, but what if they came after you if the price went up? Be happy with the price you paid, go have fun and don't let your preconceived disgust ruin your trip.

completely disagree with this...it is Carnival who came up with the ES fare. If they do not intend to honor their own pricing policy, they should not offer it.

Many companies now offer price protection. It's the way business is done nowadays that we have the internet. Just like years ago, car salesmen made thousands of dollars on a sale of a car. Now, not so much the case. People are more informed.

CCL offers Early Saver. It's their rules they put in to place. If they do not wish to honor it, stop selling it. Until then, they need to offer all legit requests.

I have plenty of money(okay, maybe i'd like more)...and I have that because I am careful with my money. Just because you have money doesn't mean you have to be stupid with it. And if you allow CCL or any company to just not play by their own rules what's next? Where does it stop?

Nope, I don't care if it's $5. Principles mean something. Playing by their own rules should be one they follow. They make me play by their rules.

Can someone explain how to do a screen shot? I've never done this before and want to be prepared in case I need to. Thanks!

There are probably many ways to do it in Windows, but one way is to hit CTRL and PRT SCRN at the same time. This should put an image of whatever was on your screen into the copy buffer, and you can paste it into various applications (such as MS Word) from there.

I downloaded a free program called Jing, I just make a window of what I what to copy and it saves it as a png file. This can be opened in Paint or any image software.

I was pleased with the customer service I received from Carnival about my issue. It was partly my fault because I filled out the Best Price form instead of the early saver form. I did not have the promotion listed. Once I sent them my screen shot they approved my OBC.

I downloaded a free program called Jing, I just make a window of what I what to copy and it saves it as a png file. This can be opened in Paint or any image software.

Nifty! I just downloaded it from C|Net's download.com. It even captures video!

We booked three cruises while on the Breeze at the early saver rate and so far have received credits on two of them. The third early saver form (Submitted three different times) keeps getting rejected as "We dont see that rate/Price" I did a mock booking copied and pasted it to the rejection email and sent it back. Still no answer. I called Carnival today and the Lady said she did not see the rate, yet I was looking at the Carnival Website Screen with the Lower price under the Super Saver Rate. She put me on hold and called a supervisor and then told me the Early Saver DOES NOT cover the Super Saver lower rates when they are shown, any other rate qualifies! Have you guys encountered this yet. The young lady on the Breeze we booked with told me to put in the Early Saver Form anytime I see a lower rate on the website, which I did. Please let me know if you have this same experience.

Can someone explain how to do a screen shot? I've never done this before and want to be prepared in case I need to. Thanks!

In windows, all you need to do is hit the "PrtScn" key and if you want to save the picture, open up Paint and right click and hit paste then save. In any other application (outlook, Word, etc...) just right click in an open space and hit paste.

Archived