All Things Adventure of the Seas

We were in an OS on the AOS last December. Our itinerary was St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Aruba, and Curacao.

If anyone is interested in seeing pictures, you might enjoy the slide shows my wife made with pictures she took for her website. The link below will take you there.

Christmas cruise on Adventure of the Seas

Cruising is a great way to travel!

Hi everyone -

I am thinking of booking the AOS for next July for my husband, myself, and our daughter and her husband. A couple of questions for you all:

- This is our first time travelling on RCCL at the Diamond level. Our daughter and her husband are not diamond level. Are they able to join us in using the diamond level benefits?

- We are considering booking a suite for ourselves and a balcony for them, so same question - are there any suite perks that we get and are our the "kids" allowed to join us for them?

- most of the suites seem to be on deck 10 under the pool. We usually try to avoid the cabins under the pool area. Will the chair noise be a problem? Are there any suites you can recommend that might be less prone to pool deck noise?

Thanks so much!

Hi everyone -

I am thinking of booking the AOS for next July for my husband, myself, and our daughter and her husband. A couple of questions for you all:

- This is our first time travelling on RCCL at the Diamond level. Our daughter and her husband are not diamond level. Are they able to join us in using the diamond level benefits?

- We are considering booking a suite for ourselves and a balcony for them, so same question - are there any suite perks that we get and are our the "kids" allowed to join us for them?

- most of the suites seem to be on deck 10 under the pool. We usually try to avoid the cabins under the pool area. Will the chair noise be a problem? Are there any suites you can recommend that might be less prone to pool deck noise?

Thanks so much!

Only Diamond members themselves get Diamond benefits.

Some suite perks like priority check-in and boarding will probably extend to the entire party. However, entry into the Concierge Lounge and use of the suite area at the pool will likely be limited to the actual suite guests.

most of the suites seem to be on deck 10 under the pool. We usually try to avoid the cabins under the pool area. Will the chair noise be a problem? Are there any suites you can recommend that might be less prone to pool deck noise?

Thanks so much!

We were in OS 1600 and didn't ever hear any noise from the deck above, even while using our balcony. I'll insert a link below to my wife's pictures of the suite, just in case you're interested.

OS 1600 Adventure of the Seas

Edited by JimAOk1945

Ask away. We are here to help. Adventure is a great ship. I've been on it several times. Enjoy the anticipation!

Here are some more!

1 Is there a kettle in the cabin? If so are there also tea coffee and milk provided?

2 is the menu for the mdr displayed somewhere on the day so we can see what's on offer?

3 are the sockets onboard american?

thanks!

Here are some more!

1 Is there a kettle in the cabin? If so are there also tea coffee and milk provided?

2 is the menu for the mdr displayed somewhere on the day so we can see what's on offer?

thanks!

The MDR dinner menu is always posted outside each dining room. I think usually early-mid afternoon if not before.

Not sure but I think the sockets accept any plug.

Here are some more!

thanks!

There is a kettle in all staterooms on cruises out of the UK. On US based cruises, the kettles are only in JS and better staterooms.

The menu is displayed outside the Main Dining Room before dinner, and also on the digital wayfinders near the elevator lobbies.

There are two US type receptacles, and one Euro type receptacle near the desk area.

Edited by clarea

We were in an OS on the AOS last December. Our itinerary was St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Aruba, and Curacao.

If anyone is interested in seeing pictures, you might enjoy the slide shows my wife made with pictures she took for her website. The link below will take you there.

Christmas cruise on Adventure of the Seas

Cruising is a great way to travel!

Jim, can you tell me what beach you were at in the pictures in Curacao? The pictures are great!

I'm back with some more q's!

1 is there a charge to use the safe

2 how often do you get a bill on a 12 night cruise?

3 is ben and jerrys the only place to get an ice cream cone/tub?

4 we aren't going to participate in formal nights in the mdr - does the dress code apply to the theatre or other bars/lounges?

Ty! Cannot believe i only have to 6 days to wait now ☺

4 we aren't going to participate in formal nights in the mdr - does the dress code apply to the theatre or other bars/lounges?

1: no

2: it's on your TV

3: I'll let someone else answer

4: no

What's exciting to me is when you get off your cruise we get on ours! We leave for London two weeks today

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Edited by krev

2. Depends if you have a cash or credit account. If cash, and you need to place more on account, then Guest Services may send you a bill, otherwise with a credit account, only at the end.

4. There should free frozen yoghurt and cones for free on the starboard side just outside the exit to the pool deck (11).

We will be getting off as you get on.

Edited by peteukmcr

Ice cream is also available at dinner in the MDR as well as dinner in the Windjammer. And there is the frozen yogurt on the pool deck which is available from around 11 AM to 6 PM.

I know this might be a weird question but I was wondering if you found a lack of variety when it comes to the food venues. I just see other ships have so many more dining options or places to have a snack. And yes, I know we will not go hungry...

We are probably easy to please, but we have been satisfied with the snacks offered at Cafe Promenade. If we want something more, we can order from room service.

Edited by clarea

I know this might be a weird question but I was wondering if you found a lack of variety when it comes to the food venues. I just see other ships have so many more dining options or places to have a snack. And yes, I know we will not go hungry...

While I never find myself lacking in food choices on adventurer. I do wish there was more specialty restaurants.

That being said I had no issues booking her again as is.