All Things Adventure of the Seas

I am back from 7 nights on Celebrity Summit...Oh my gosh did all of us miss Royal Caribbean...what a difference and we thought Celebrity was a step above...nah not in this case. 25 of us pinky swore several days ago, never ever again.. The cruise was picked by the graduate to go to Bermuda to be there for Harbour Nights.

I sure needed Anthony my server on this ship...what am I thinking...he better not hop to Celebrity...lol

now to go check my adventure roll calls for 2014 and 2015!! yep....come on OB....time to do a B2B!

We made the switch from Celebrity to RCI some time ago and never looked back. RCI is just a much better fit for us.

Yup. We are booked on the sailing out of Miami doing the eastern Carib before the TA. I have not sailed on a ship right out of dry dock, so I hope there won't be any issues. :rolleyes:

Not quite out of dry dock, we are on the four day prior to yours, we are on that as well doing b2b.

Hi, Crisndeefromde:

Would you mind sharing some details? What made the cruise so bad in comparison with RCL?

We have sailed Celebrity in the past, but not for many years. Since we take "family" cruises now, we prefer RCL, but we liked Celebrity in the past. We liked the dining food and service better, but we do like RCL's service, activities and fun atmosphere and prefer their buffet food. Just interested in hearing what went so wrong for you.

We are taking AOS again this winter. Just have to do the B itinerary.

Cheers,

Koohiichan

This trip was picked by the new doctor in the family to celebrate her graduation and she wanted to be in Bermuda for the Harbour Nights. At the time she planned this deposits were in place before the Breakaway could be booked. So that RCCL out of the options. We have sailed out of Bayonne many times previously on the Explorer. Where to start...25 of us...spread out on Decks 3,6,7, and 8 to include 5 different room stewards and for dining 2 different waiters (not to be confused with assist. waiters) So for all of us to have issues, something is not up to par. Two couples, one being my son and dil had small children. One towel, one hand towel, and one washcloth when entering supposedly prepared cabin to include three persons at 12 bucks a person gratuity just not acceptable. When calling housekeeping, sorry one person is booked for that cabin. Well if that was the case, why did the steward put mail for each person listed in the cabin on the bed? Why argue with the guest...what happened to not a problem, be right there with what ever you need. My sister and I are in a room with balcony on deck 6 near ilounge. 6111. great location. we have sinking spots in the floor that steward has moved the bed in odd direction so that we won't step in it and hurt ourselves. So we have a knock on the door and it is our attendant. She asks what we need and we check the towels and ask for more pillows and towels. She brings while we are out going up to meet our family just arriving. When we come back we find our bath stocked and notice toilet and sink and shower weren't cleaned. Hairs, etc..call once again. Head of housekkeeping comes...one of many times we will see her. She acts like we took a shower already and used the toilet. ok maybe she has had a bad turn around. We go to buffet and eat with our group. Food is fairly good...after finding rest of the party celebrating at the Martini bar it is time for muster and then sail away. Goes ok. We come back to room and luggage is there so we unpack...finding many surprises under bed and in drawers. Geesh. change for dinner. first nite..main entree not to us till 10pm we have second seating dinner. tables around us finished. One table in our group has different waiter and they are done. Pools are all closed and hot tubs by 9pm now. We were told numerous times...for guest safety. Our smallest one who is 10 months is ready for bed and portacrib not in room yet. Crew smiled but clueless in how to help. Our safe was working on and off. Getting wine bottle opener was act of congress. We needed our sliding glass door fixed as it whistled most of the first two nights and while mtce looked at it, they said all fixed....left and it was still doing it. Screws were coming out of door handle so it wouldn't lock. Third trip a charm. By the end of day three coming out of handle again. Had no hot water till morning we got back. cold to luke warm. some cabins around us were hit or miss with toilet flushing like us. they were "working on resolving" MDR service unacceptable. I night I had to tell waiter sorry I can't eat my entree this late...1045 and asked to see the head waiter. Big Alex was his name. Got the sorry you know we prepare a lot of meals on here. I have been reading on the celebrity boards others on our sailing that loved the forced relaxation. Others loved the ship. I paid more to go on this sailing than if i had an ocean balcony on the allure. Nuts. We all had other experiences that we just were not accustomed to. I have never been told NO in my 25 plus cruises with RCCL. My sister and I kept saying...wow...Anthony needs to come straighten out our waiter...Maria needs to come show these people how to clean. Our steward had a helper and couldn't get our room done by noon most days and had 16 rooms. Maria on the Adventure had 20 she did by herself and so many mornings she cleaned us while we were at breakfast. Everyone has their own perspectives. Just saying what some of ours were. We had a blast don't get me wrong...cause we made our own entertainment.

We made the switch from Celebrity to RCI some time ago and never looked back. RCI is just a much better fit for us.

OB you are so right...next time smack me! We all made a pinky swear...didn't do the blood tho..lol...but all but two were new to Celebrity and what a way to make an impression.

Yikes! It does sound like you had a bad cruise. You should at least expect a clean room.

I can relate. Our worst cruise was Disney. It was totally against type. We hated the food and I actually got sidelined by a drunk (totally flattened to the floor) who had been provided free drinks due to bad weather, missing two ports and free drinks courtesy of the cruise line. There is nothing like angry lightweights. By the way, we "completely" potty trained our just turned 3 year old at the time just for this cruise only to have her refuse any childcare what so ever. Ha Ha. Joke was on us. The entire cruise was cold, rainy, etc. We still don't understand the Disney cruise fans. (Shows and ship were great, however.)

Our two Celebrity cruises were on Century and Zenith before kids. I've never been so out-partied by those 10+ years older than me. ;)

Anyhow, time has passed and now I look back and laugh. I'm sure you'll have a great next cruise on RCL.

Cheers,

Koohiichan

OB you are so right...next time smack me! We all made a pinky swear...didn't do the blood tho..lol...but all but two were new to Celebrity and what a way to make an impression.

Where to start...25 of us...spread out on Decks 3,6,7, and 8 to include 5 different room stewards and for dining 2 different waiters (not to be confused with assist. waiters) So for all of us to have issues, something is not up to par......

Wow......:eek: And for the head of housekeeping to accuse you of having used the bathroom with the left over hair....:eek::eek::mad:

Hi guys, hope I'm right in posting this here (newbie!). I was just wondering if Adventure has an indoor or partially covered pool? I keep finding conflicting information online. We are heading to Scandinavia on Adventure soon and I'm trying to figure out whether or not to pack a swimming costume - don't want to turn blue in an outdoor pool!

Hi guys, hope I'm right in posting this here (newbie!). I was just wondering if Adventure has an indoor or partially covered pool? I keep finding conflicting information online. We are heading to Scandinavia on Adventure soon and I'm trying to figure out whether or not to pack a swimming costume - don't want to turn blue in an outdoor pool!

There are no indoor or covered pools on Adventure.

And.... you picked the perfect place to ask your question. :)

Edited by Ocean Boy

Do cabins 7388 and 7688 have a sofa bed? Not too crazy about the pullmans ... thanks!

Anyone?

I had to do some digging to get this information. The site that I usually use as well as the RCI site made no sense. From what I found, and this is not my personal experience, 7688 and 7690 as well as 7388 and 7390 have one pullman bed while the four cabins in the middle 7692 7694 7394 7392 have sofa beds. This could be wrong but it is what I came up with.

Hi there, we are a family of 4 dh, me and 2 boys, we have booked for june next year on adventure and was wandering if the pools are heated at all i know the kids wont be too bothered about the weather but if i have to go in would like to think it might be a bit warmer. Thanks for any replies.

Hi there, we are a family of 4 dh, me and 2 boys, we have booked for june next year on adventure and was wandering if the pools are heated at all i know the kids wont be too bothered about the weather but if i have to go in would like to think it might be a bit warmer. Thanks for any replies.

No heated pools on Adventure. However, Independence has heated pools.

I had to do some digging to get this information. The site that I usually use as well as the RCI site made no sense. From what I found, and this is not my personal experience, 7688 and 7690 as well as 7388 and 7390 have one pullman bed while the four cabins in the middle 7692 7694 7394 7392 have sofa beds. This could be wrong but it is what I came up with.

Thank you very much. I really like those corner balconies, but the pullman is generally right over the main bed :eek:

Thank you very much. I really like those corner balconies, but the pullman is generally right over the main bed :eek:

I actually prefer the pullmans as they don't take up cabin space like sofa beds. I also feel they provide a feeling of a bit more privacy for the person in the pullman. Of course, whether or not a pullman works also depends on who has to climb up into it.