All Things Adventure of the Seas

Robyn. Do you know if a 13 year old can use the gym and classes?

I don't know about classes, but you need to be at least 16 to use the fitness center.

Edited by clarea

Thanks - that's a pain i've bought her new gym clothes and our plan was to go each morning :-(

Check with the people in the fitness center. I've read that there may be times when they let younger people use the center when accompanied by an adult.

Hey, Robyn and all:

I can't wait for our January 2014 "B" cruise on AOS. We just loved the ship, people and itinerary. It is awesome to leave from San Juan in the wintertime.

Regarding the gym (Jules12Wed), I would encourage you to ask. I've heard on other boards that it depends on the gym/ship. Perhaps they will let you sign a waiver, especially if you will be working out at the same time. By the way, the running track is pretty nice. As long as you run/walk in the a.m. it is not too crowded or hot. Usually just people quickly checking out the new ports. Of course, you may have to politely say, "excuse me" or "on your left" but I found it quite usable on port days.

I, too, am worried that we may be overdoing it on excursions, even though ours don't look as active as Sjpsoccer's. Here are my ideas:

- Barbados: Calabaza Catamaran (already reserved)

- St Lucia: Cosol's Island tour

- Antigua: Day Pass as Jolly Beach

- St Maartin: Dolphin swim on Anguilla

- St Croix: ?? Maybe stay on boat and just get off to shop/look around

I am considering cancelling Jolly Beach for saving money and giving us another ship day (just get off to look around and shop.) I think our excursions are becoming very costly. The dolphin swim is for dd and the catamaran is for us adults!

I would love advice on what to do on St. Croix

Cheers,

Koohiichan

Wow, there is A LOT of information on the Adventure! just finished the whole thread an Im on page 8 of the other one... 250 pages to go... Im so glad since this will be our second cruise in January, and I really wanted a lot of info. We dont even have reservations yet haha but we have the flight tickets to SJU so that is a for sure we are going. I cant cant wait!

We will arrive to SJU on the 8 of January and staying 2 more nights after the cruise so we get to see the whole city, and maybe visit Vieques or Culebra. I´ve seen that there are 2 ship piers, one in Old San Juan and the other one in Isla Verde (?) I assume this is the one where they depart and the other one is where ships do the day visits am I correct? If you go to Google earth, you can see a Celebrity ship and a Royal one, which Im sure is the Adventure ha.

Which hotel would you recommend? I wanted to stay at Old San Juan so I see the ships coming by at a walking distance, but Im not sure yet. Also Ive heard dining in PR is expensive, so we wanted (if there is one) a hotel that had a kitchenette. Any suggestions?

Thank you!

greetings from Mexico City :D

Which hotel would you recommend? I wanted to stay at Old San Juan so I see the ships coming by at a walking distance, but Im not sure yet. Also Ive heard dining in PR is expensive, so we wanted (if there is one) a hotel that had a kitchenette. Any suggestions?

We've stayed at the Caribe Hilton for both Adventure of the Seas cruises - a fantastic hotel. You can get to Old San Juan with a 5-10 minute cab ride from there. They also have their own private "cove".

...and for those who are regular travelers....YES...they accept Hilton points to reserve rooms.

2081529395_022313SanJuan1CaribeHilton.jpg.0db64325feb4f245fe52d9fd1cc77950.jpg

684498770_022313SanJuan6CaribeHiltonBalconyView.jpg.c778c03d60e79ec5a852c64844be8e00.jpg

926577702_022313SanJuan2CaribeHiltonLobby.jpg.fb5fe57276fc511464c7e2bd55cd7f8e.jpg

My wife and I are looking at booking the Adventure of the Seas on a B2B for November/December 2014. We will be cruising with my dad and his friend. They are both D+ so we are looking at booking a Grand Suite so we can join them in the consierge lounge. I'm sure there are subtle differences in some of the Grand Suites. Does anyone one have a favorite Grand Suite? We have always booked on the hump or aft for our other cruises. Our upcoming Allure B2B we have a cabin just aft of the hump. Just looking for some good information.

Thanks everyone for looking!!!!

We've stayed at the Caribe Hilton for both Adventure of the Seas cruises - a fantastic hotel. You can get to Old San Juan with a 5-10 minute cab ride from there. They also have their own private "cove".

...and for those who are regular travelers....YES...they accept Hilton points to reserve rooms.

I will check it out, thanks!

Wow, there is A LOT of information on the Adventure! just finished the whole thread an Im on page 8 of the other one... 250 pages to go...

!

The old thread is well worth the read. It has tons of great information. Don't be put off by its lenght!:)

Check with the people in the fitness center. I've read that there may be times when they let younger people use the center when accompanied by an adult.

Thanks I will do. She doesn't look like a 13 year old she could easily pass for 16+ she's taller than me and adult size 14 clothes. So if they done look at passes and she just walked in no one would know!!

aaaaah, I miss the old thread :(:( Many happy memories made on the old thread.....:o

Follow up threads never seem to develop the same "flavor" as the original thread. The same is true with the Explorer thread that you are now posting to. With that one I don't think that they even provided a link to the original thread that was locked due to length.

I think the original Adventure thread had a lot of great info, a lot of passion, and it was sort of like a meeting place where a group of friends would just show up!

I will be on Adventure in March 2014 and I can't wait!

In the research I have done so far I am considering:

- Barbados: Calabaza Catamaran One of the best excursions EVER!!! Gina & her crew treat you like royalty ... absolutely fantastic day ... I'd book again in a heartbeat!!!

- St Lucia: Cosol's Island tour Did Cosol's tour this year although since others had used him before we "customized" our tour ... one of our best land/sea excursions to date! Cosol was visible throughout the day & we were treated well!

- Antigua: Adventure Antigua Eco tour or the Circumnavigation tour 365 beaches .... you can go to a great beach here ... sure there are other options. We did a land tour .... Roads are at times "severe" (mention this as I get car sick - not a great day; & my neighbor does not get car sick - was scared half to death on the roads --- just our opinions!)

- St Maartin: Bernard's Tour II Not sure what you are after but you can get the water taxi at the pier & head across to the bay ... We've used another taxi & been very satisfied... even sent notes to reserve him for upcoming dates.

- St Croix: Gecko's Island Tour This port didn't do much for me.

With such a port intensive cruise' date=' am I trying to do too much at each port?[/quote']

Aaaaw!

Unfortunately we are not doing a b2b this time. Instead we are 3 nights pre cruise in San Juan and 2 nights post cruise. We really enjoy San Juan and consider it a big part of our vacation experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robyn we love San Juan & know that is a big part of the vacation!! 2014 - we are doing a Western itinerary from Florida .... will miss the AOS 2 years in a row :(:(:(:( But when we finally are onboard again she's going to be Fresh!!! We will be on the Celebrity Silhouette in 2014 ...

Follow up threads never seem to develop the same "flavor" as the original thread. The same is true with the Explorer thread that you are now posting to. With that one I don't think that they even provided a link to the original thread that was locked due to length.

I think the original Adventure thread had a lot of great info, a lot of passion, and it was sort of like a meeting place where a group of friends would just show up!

Exactly! It really was a great meeting place, even if I didn't actually meet most people in person?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, there is A LOT of information on the Adventure! just finished the whole thread an Im on page 8 of the other one... 250 pages to go... Im so glad since this will be our second cruise in January, and I really wanted a lot of info. We dont even have reservations yet haha but we have the flight tickets to SJU so that is a for sure we are going. I cant cant wait!

We will arrive to SJU on the 8 of January and staying 2 more nights after the cruise so we get to see the whole city, and maybe visit Vieques or Culebra. I´ve seen that there are 2 ship piers, one in Old San Juan and the other one in Isla Verde (?) I assume this is the one where they depart and the other one is where ships do the day visits am I correct? If you go to Google earth, you can see a Celebrity ship and a Royal one, which Im sure is the Adventure ha.

Thank you!

I wanted to stay in ols san juan also so I booked our stay at the hotel milano. Good luck

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Anyone out there know when AOS will be going into drydock for revitalization? I hope before Sept of 2015 as we plan to do a European cruise then. Thanks Larry

We are booked on the first cruise after revitalisation, four nighter from Miami April 9

Hey, Robyn and all:

I can't wait for our January 2014 "B" cruise on AOS. We just loved the ship, people and itinerary. It is awesome to leave from San Juan in the wintertime.

Regarding the gym (Jules12Wed), I would encourage you to ask. I've heard on other boards that it depends on the gym/ship. Perhaps they will let you sign a waiver, especially if you will be working out at the same time. By the way, the running track is pretty nice. As long as you run/walk in the a.m. it is not too crowded or hot. Usually just people quickly checking out the new ports. Of course, you may have to politely say, "excuse me" or "on your left" but I found it quite usable on port days.

I, too, am worried that we may be overdoing it on excursions, even though ours don't look as active as Sjpsoccer's. Here are my ideas:

- Barbados: Calabaza Catamaran (already reserved)

- St Lucia: Cosol's Island tour

- Antigua: Day Pass as Jolly Beach

- St Maartin: Dolphin swim on Anguilla

- St Croix: ?? Maybe stay on boat and just get off to shop/look around

I am considering cancelling Jolly Beach for saving money and giving us another ship day (just get off to look around and shop.) I think our excursions are becoming very costly. The dolphin swim is for dd and the catamaran is for us adults!

I would love advice on what to do on St. Croix

Cheers,

Koohiichan

Last November we did Sandcastle on the beach. Very relaxing day cost us $25 per couple for loungers and brolly + drink from the bar. $6 return from the pier.

Antigua we did a tour ending on Turners Beach

Hi everyone, so nice to see you are all here. Back in 2011 I sailed the Adventure because of Robyn :p and now I would like to celebrate my wedding anniversary on it again doing the southern route on March 9,2014 but I read on this thread that it may be in dry dock. I see all the dates on the RCCL web site from Jan to April so when is it going to dry dock? oh and I can't find the link to the old thread either :) where's Toonjie??:rolleyes:

Hi everyone, so nice to see you are all here. Back in 2011 I sailed the Adventure because of Robyn :p and now I would like to celebrate my wedding anniversary on it again doing the southern route on March 9,2014 but I read on this thread that it may be in dry dock. I see all the dates on the RCCL web site from Jan to April so when is it going to dry dock? oh and I can't find the link to the old thread either :) where's Toonjie??:rolleyes:

The link to the old thread is in the vey first post of this thread. I think the ship is going into dry dock in April.