All Things Adventure of the Seas

Thanks for the info Ive booked it now and am wandering if it was a mistake, just hope the weather behaves itself or there will be 2 unhappy boys haha or could be unhappy mum as they might not worry about the cold.

We where on the Adventure early may. We found our room to be dated but the ship was in pretty good nick. The ship is in for a refit in march so the question is are you talking this year or next?

If the weather is your friend I think you and the kids will love it.

• 2 weeks later...
Ok everybody me and the wife get into san Juan At 5 in the morning what can we do till its time to go to the port.

By the time you get your luggage and a taxi you could go to Old San Juan and I'd say you would probably arrive there around 6:30 AM the lastest. Old San Juan is beautiful and that is a great time of day to walk around as the town has not heated up yet from the sun. The forts will not be open until 9 AM so you would not be able to get in but the walk up to El Morro would be quite nice. You could then tour the fort when it opens.

Unfortunately, the place in Old San Juan that will store luggage for you will not be open at that time of day so I'm not sure what to advise you as far as what to do with your bags. I'm sure that you don't want to be wheeling them around with you.

Edited by Ocean Boy

Agree with O B, if you can find a place to store the luggage, maybe one of the hotels would let you use their facilities for a fee, are you a Hilton or Marriott member? You could swim, lay by the pool, have breakfast, store your luggage, maybe hit Old Town and the beach, the possibilities are endless.

You might even check into an excursion!

• 1 month later...

Hi Robyn

I sail on the aos on august 17th from Southampton uk and was wondering if we can take any alcohol onboard with us also would anyone have any copies of the bar menus please

thanks in advance

goughsters

Hi Robyn

I sail on the aos on august 17th from Southampton uk and was wondering if we can take any alcohol onboard with us also would anyone have any copies of the bar menus please

thanks in advance

goughsters

I'm not Robyn but hope I can help.

You can take 2 bottles of wine or champagne onboard per cabin. Worked well for us as our kids were in a separate cabin and since DD is 18 she could have 2 bottles too!

Sorry I don't have any bar menus as the wine was enough for us and otherwise we don't really drink.

We only disembarked this morning at Southampton so if there is anything else you want to know then ask away!

Edited by Meggysmum

I'm not Robyn but hope I can help.

You can take 2 bottles of wine or champagne onboard per cabin. Worked well for us as our kids were in a separate cabin and since DD is 18 she could have 2 bottles too!

Sorry I don't have any bar menus as the wine was enough for us and otherwise we don't really drink.

We only disembarked this morning at Southampton so if there is anything else you want to know then ask away!

oh thankyou we are not huge drinkers but we are looking whether its economical to purchase the drinks package.

my husband likes beer/lager and I wine and soft drinks, it was just to work out an average consumption as to see if worthwhile or purchase as we go so to speak. we are going with my son aged 12 and parents aged 75 so from Southampton suited us.

I do hope you enjoyed are you doing a review?

many thanks

goughsters

Hi Robyn

thanks in advance

goughsters

Anyone who is interested. I have bar menus and price lists. Maybe about 6 months old but it's a start :) email me at bduds@verizon.net and I will send them to you.

~Bob~

• 2 weeks later...
Just off adventure last week. The solarium pool is heated and was always lovely and warm.

Had an amazing trip. She us a beautiful ship.

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2

The solarium pool is definitely not heated. Your weather was probably so warm that it kept the water temps warm. The solarium pool is not so warm cruising in Feb!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all, just checking in! Hope all you AOS lovers are busy planning your next cruise!!! I'll be back onboard the Adventure in February and I can't wait!

We will just miss you - going on AD at the beginning of February. Love that itinerary.

I will be on Adventure in March 2014 and I can't wait!

In the research I have done so far I am considering:

- Barbados: Calabaza Catamaran

- St Lucia: Cosol's Island tour

- Antigua: Adventure Antigua Eco tour or the Circumnavigation tour

- St Maartin: Bernard's Tour II

- St Croix: Gecko's Island Tour

With such a port intensive cruise, am I trying to do too much at each port?

I will be on Adventure in March 2014 and I can't wait!

In the research I have done so far I am considering:

- Barbados: Calabaza Catamaran

- St Lucia: Cosol's Island tour

- Antigua: Adventure Antigua Eco tour or the Circumnavigation tour

- St Maartin: Bernard's Tour II

- St Croix: Gecko's Island Tour

With such a port intensive cruise, am I trying to do too much at each port?

Congratulations - you'll love Adventure.

As for port excursions....that comes down to personal preference.

On our first AOS cruise...we did something similar to you in terms of an excursion in every port. This February...the 2nd time around...we only did 3 advance excursions...and "winged it" the other 2 ports. That turned out just fine.

We will just miss you - going on AD at the beginning of February. Love that itinerary.

Aaaaw!

Unfortunately we are not doing a b2b this time. Instead we are 3 nights pre cruise in San Juan and 2 nights post cruise. We really enjoy San Juan and consider it a big part of our vacation experience.

Aaaaw!

Unfortunately we are not doing a b2b this time. Instead we are 3 nights pre cruise in San Juan and 2 nights post cruise. We really enjoy San Juan and consider it a big part of our vacation experience.

Robyn. Do you know if a 13 year old can use the gym and classes?