any reason to go to the MDR if we can do breakfast in Sabatini's?

dizlove

Sorry but you were misled. They will verify your cruise card upon entry to see that you are occupying a suite.

Mike:)

That has been our experience the 2 times we've had suites. We'll be on the Royal in December in a suite and my brother and sister in law will be in the balcony cabin next door. I've already told them we won't be eating breakfast with them:D.

We were in our first suite last August - Golden to Alaska. We ate in Sabatinis every morning - food was very good. We really didn't ask for anything special (I mostly ate cold cereal with fruit every morning and the hubby ate eggs/toast/breakfast meat/or waffles/pancakes) - but I did not find the service to be special. Every day the same Maitre'd ask us our room number (looks like he would remember us after day 4) and a very bored waiter would take our order. They weren't rude - just not personable like our MDR wait staff were. There were only ever about 4 other tables occupied - very relaxed atmosphere.

We were in our first suite last August - Golden to Alaska. We ate in Sabatinis every morning - food was very good. We really didn't ask for anything special (I mostly ate cold cereal with fruit every morning and the hubby ate eggs/toast/breakfast meat/or waffles/pancakes) - but I did not find the service to be special. Every day the same Maitre'd ask us our room number (looks like he would remember us after day 4) and a very bored waiter would take our order. They weren't rude - just not personable like our MDR wait staff were. There were only ever about 4 other tables occupied - very relaxed atmosphere.

I doubt that I had the same staff on my Golden to Hawaii in February. They were outstanding. The supervisor did remember me, but had a hard time remembering my suite number. They all remembered me and my daily requests.

Renee

Was Martin your Manager with Clara, Marko, John, Prashant? Golden 2/13/13 I can not find enough words to praise this group.

Martin and Clara left the ship at the end of February to return home for 3 months.

Renee

That's the same team we had on the Golden in January. They were fabulous. After the 1st day Martin knew us & we never had to give our suite # again. John served our drinks soon after we sat without us asking. Clara kept my coffee refilled immediately. Prashant was our fantastic waiter who made sure I received a large martini glass of my favorite blueberries everyday. His service was excellent. What a special experience eating at Sabatini's. You will love it.

Another vote for breakfast at Sabatini's. The family really enjoyed that perk on board the Crown last week. The menu looks simple. You just need a little imagination to modify it to your taste. Example: Eggs Benedict, instead of Canadian bacon, please use smoke salmon. No problem was the answer.

8537749.jpg?686

5612022.jpg?715

Archived