any reason to go to the MDR if we can do breakfast in Sabatini's?

dizlove

I am also sorry that you did not have the same experience that I had at Sabatini's. The first day, I ordered the fruit platter. On the second day, I asked only for the watermelon. Every day after that, a plate with water melon appeared. I saw martini glasses filled with berries or yogurt and sometimes both. I requested a crab avocado omelette from the manager and when the MDR had crab, he was able to get some for my omelette. I think I only waited a day or two. On other days, I had omelettes made with a combination of cheese, ham, mushrooms, spinach, etc. My daily latte was delivered within minutes of entering the restaurant (without being asked for). Of course, I think my requests were within reason and they tried their very best to accommodate my wants. I would not have been upset if they had told me that I couldn't have something.

We had developed a rapport with the staff. When we had dinner, my friend wanted the mocha latte listed on the menu. They ran out of the syrup, so the waiter literally ran down to the International Cafe to get the chocolate.

We had breakfast with other suite members on occasion or they joined us after we had ordered (after getting to know them well). They were treated in the same special manner. One passenger asked for 16 raisins for his oatmeal. The server politely counted out each raisin.

The Sabatini's staff on the Golden Princess were definitely a great bunch of people. They worked so well together and everyone looked out for the other. This was a very special place and I will remember their kindness for a very long time.

In Appreciation (and hopes that Princess reads this),

Renee

Only for Suite passengers. You can order from their menu or from the MDR/HC.

My corned beef hash comes from the buffet. And I can get my oatmeal and pancakes from the MDR.

You'll love the food, service and willingness to please of the stellar staff in Sabatini's.

Norris

We have only been in a suite once, for fourteen days on the Golden. The staff and service in Sabatini's for breakfast (and dinner) was exceptional. IMHO, the items on the menu are very different than in the MDR. We found no need to order off the menu but made some minor substitutions. You must remember that Sabatini's kitchen is separate from the MDR. It is unreasonable and disruptive to expect the staff to go to the MDR to get that day's special as that would impact their ability to serve other guests. I'm sure that with a day's notice, they would accommodate requests. We established a great rapport with the staff and our mimosa's and DW's Americano were at our table almost as soon as we were seated. It is really the service that makes Sabatini's so special for breakfast.

We have only been in a suite once, for fourteen days on the Golden. The staff and service in Sabatini's for breakfast (and dinner) was exceptional. IMHO, the items on the menu are very different than in the MDR. We found no need to order off the menu but made some minor substitutions. You must remember that Sabatini's kitchen is separate from the MDR. It is unreasonable and disruptive to expect the staff to go to the MDR to get that day's special as that would impact their ability to serve other guests. I'm sure that with a day's notice, they would accommodate requests. We established a great rapport with the staff and our mimosa's and DW's Americano were at our table almost as soon as we were seated. It is really the service that makes Sabatini's so special for breakfast.

Was Martin your Manager with Clara, Marko, John, Prashant? Golden 2/13/13 I can not find enough words to praise this group.

Martin and Clara left the ship at the end of February to return home for 3 months.

Renee

Was Martin your Manager with Clara, Marko, John, Prashant? Golden 2/13/13 I can not find enough words to praise this group.

Martin and Clara left the ship at the end of February to return home for 3 months.

Renee

Martin came onboard and was our head waiter for the second week of our cruise and Brigita was our primary waiter. They were both excellent. Another waiter had been a barista at Starbucks in China and he made DW's Americanos

Martin came onboard and was our head waiter for the second week of our cruise and Brigita was our primary waiter. They were both excellent. Another waiter had been a barista at Starbucks in China and he made DW's Americanos

Thanks for sharing.

Renee

The trouble with breakfast in the MDR or Sabatinis is that you can only have full portions from the menu, whereas in the Buffet you can just take a little of what you want .

Remember the average cruise pax puts on 2kg on a 2 week cruise . It is so easy to put on weight, but doubly hard to get it off .

The trouble with breakfast in the MDR or Sabatinis is that you can only have full portions from the menu, whereas in the Buffet you can just take a little of what you want .

Remember the average cruise pax puts on 2kg on a 2 week cruise . It is so easy to put on weight, but doubly hard to get it off .

It works just the opposite with me. Breakfast in Sabatini's (or the MDR) helps to LIMIT what I eat. If I serve myself from the buffet, I definitely overindulge.

We were in our first suite last week on the Crown. What can I say--it was fabulous! We did thoroughly enjoy our breakfast in Sabatini's, although I must admit we were at first rather "put off" by how quiet and subdued it was in there each morning. No passengers chatting and laughing and anticipating their fun days together. It didn't take us long to get used to it, though. :D And room service in the cabin, whether for breakfast or lunch, was fantastic and unbelievably fast. They didn't bat an eye on disembarkation morning when we called and ordered BLTs and lots of trimmings for our final "breakfast."

We were in a suite on the CB and had breakfast in Sabatini's each morning. What a wonderful way to start the day!! The staff was from the Crown Grill, so we met them on embarkation day and became fast friends! Gabe, the Maitre D, Steve and Jose were exceptional! Definitely take advantage, you won't be disappointed!

No MDR. Sabatini's all the way. It's one of my favorite perks and they do have some different items on the menu. Plus you have less passengers so it's a more intimate start to the day.

We love Sabatini's breakfast, and that's one of the things we're most looking forward to on our next trip. Once you have their French toast, you'll never want a waffle again.

Of course, we mostly go for the privacy - the buffet at breakfast time gives me the willies (crowds) and while I love table sharing at dinner, not so much at breakfast, so the MDR is out. We eat pretty simply, though, I usually have muesli and yogurt, and DH wants 'whatever you're serving with smoked salmon on it'. I can't imagine scanning the menu, figuring out what's not on it, and then demanding it be brought to me from a galley far, far away. Seems like it would cause unnecessary anxiety for everyone, including me.

It's been well over a year since we were in Sabatini's for breakfast - do they still offer Bloody Marys as well as mimosas? They brought one to my husband every sea day on our last cruise and called it "Daddy's juice".

Are we still elligible to have breakfast at Sabatini's if we are in a mini-suite?.

Thank you in advance for helping me loose my cruise - critic cherry!.

Only FULL suites are allowed to go to sabatini's fro breakfast, very exclusive ;-)

The statements and experiences others have had about Sabatinis preparing anything for you which is off the Sabatinis menu is not always correct--it must depend on the particular ship.

Since the Sabatinis breakfast perk began, we have cruised in a suite twice--once on the Grand Princess and once on the Caribbean Princess. We were excited about being able to have breakfast in Sabatinis as we usually have the breakfast in the MDR.

On our Grand cruise, based on the prior comments others had written of their experiences of getting off-menu items in Sabatinis, we did not think anything of ordering the "breakfast special" which was on the MDR menu (but not on the Sabatinis menu) [there is a breakfast special everyday in the MDR, such as Eggs Florentine, Mexican Eggs, etc. but this same special is not listed on the Sabatinis menu--in fact, the Sabatinis menu looks like the MDR menu with no specials] So the first day, we ordered Eggs Florentine (the MDR breakfast special). We were told they would not make this--we could only order off the menu. I did not believe the waiter and made the request of the maitre'd, who also refused, saying they would not make this. I explained that it was in the MDR dining room--but the maitre'd said not only would the chef not make it, but they the staff did not have time to go to the MDR galley and get an order. So we had to settle for Eggs Benedict which was on the Sabatinis menu. The next day, I ordered chocolate milk with my breakfast--the waiter brought a cold glass of milk with hot chocolate mix in it which was not mixed well (no surprise since hot chocolate mix doesn't do well in cold milk). When I complained, I was told they did not have chocolate syrup and would not go to the galley or bar to get it. There were a couple of other items--no waffles, etc. we couldn't order, contrary to what people said and I couldn't even get plain mixed berries for breakfast since that was not on the menu. On the third day the maitre'd came and told us we could only order what was on the menu. We ate in the MDR for breakfast the rest of the time except for the attempt at room service on the fourth day, which was terrible. (after which we went to the MDR for breakfast and everyday after that).

On the Caribbean Princess our experience was similar in Sabatinis--on the first day I asked if we could order off menu (specifically the MDR daily specials) and was told no--we tried room service on the second day, which was wonderful and we ate room service breakfast every day after that. The room service on the Caribbean Princess rocked. So for us, Sabatinis was not a good experience and certainly not a suite perk.

How long ago was this???. I was wondering if the perk just started when this happened to you. I always ordered things not on the menu, like waffles. Always something different. We have not been on the Grand & when we were on the CB the perk was not available yet

I might want to avoid the Grand & Caribean if that is still the case.:eek:

Anyone know???:confused:

How long ago was this???. I was wondering if the perk just started when this happened to you. I always ordered things not on the menu, like waffles. Always something different. We have not been on the Grand & when we were on the CB the perk was not available yet

I might want to avoid the Grand & Caribean if that is still the case.:eek:

Anyone know???:confused:

We were on the CB in November 2012, and the servers were happy to get you anything you asked for, within reason of course :rolleyes:

Many of our fellow diners never even opened the menu, they just ordered their preferred breakfast. Always a wonderful experience!!

We were on the CB in November 2012, and the servers were happy to get you anything you asked for, within reason of course :rolleyes:

Many of our fellow diners never even opened the menu, they just ordered their preferred breakfast. Always a wonderful experience!!

Having dined at breakfast on Sabatinis on both the Emerald and the Sapphire Princesses I was rather taken aback by the earlier poster's complaints about issues on the Caribbean and Grand Princesses. We'll be in a suite on the Caribbean Princess this summer so it is good to hear that everything is as wonderful as expected!

We too received an awesome upgrade last fall from a mini to a full suite. Trust me, it was so sweet!! We did breakfast many, many, mornings in Sabatini's over the course of our 15 day cruise. I loved the attention to detail, the personal service we received, the friendly out going staff checking to see if everything was okay and could they get us something else.

Yes, the menu is more limited but they are more than willing to "mix" it up for you. I will really miss our breakfasts this fall when we set sail doing the Mediterranean, sadly in just a balcony stateroom. :mad:

We did still eat in the dining room every evening as we like the company of our tablemates and look forward to getting to know them as well as our wait staff.

I responded with the dates of our sailings and wrote a very detailed post of our experiences but it apparently went into the Cruise Critic cyberspace void. I don't have time now to rewrite everything--perhaps I can later on, but I will give the approximate sailing dates of these two suite cruises I referenced--the Grand was January 2012 and the Caribbean Princess was December 2012.

I responded with the dates of our sailings and wrote a very detailed post of our experiences but it apparently went into the Cruise Critic cyberspace void. I don't have time now to rewrite everything--perhaps I can later on, but I will give the approximate sailing dates of these two suite cruises I referenced--the Grand was January 2012 and the Caribbean Princess was December 2012.

Is that not it at post #24?

Mike:)

We had no difficulty ordering breakfast items of our choice in Sabatinis on either the Crown or the Emerald. We ate there every morning. With this perk we had no reason to go to the MDR. The smoked salmon portions and fruit salads are much more generous in Sabatinis than in the MDR.

Seeing smoked salmon in the last post made me remember an example of Sabatinis breakfasts and the incredible willingness of the staff to please from our last cruise in September on the Ruby. The last morning we had breakfast there the waiter saw that we couldn't make up our minds what we wanted. We had smoked salmon one morning earlier and my DH had an omelet a couple of times. The waiter asked if perhaps we'd like to have an omelet with smoked salmon and asparagus (2 of my favorites). We said it sounded wonderful and that's what we got and it was heavenly! :)

We are just off CB and also greatly enjoyed Sabatini' s for breakfast. Similar to a previous post, our experience was also not quite as "Carte Blanche" as most others have mentioned. On the second day I politely asked about getting corned beef hash and was given a two minute explanation on why it wasn't possible. (Interestingly, my order of Eggs Benedict ended up with a side of corned beef hash after all! But I did not ask again.) Without fail, every morning hubby and I ordered cappuccinos and yet every morning we were greeted with an offer for regular coffee. Definitely not something that ruined our mornings but just a reference to let others know experiences can differ.

• 2 weeks later...

We ate there on Sea Days on the Crown Princess last week. I was never hungry enough for steak&eggs so stayed with salmon, poached eggs and such. Cappuccinos and fresh OJ and espresso.

We enjoyed Liviu the waiter and he enjoyed us!

1st sea day DD, DW and me ~ 2nd day DW and me ~ last sea day just me (after 3 ports in a row)

Archived