any reason to go to the MDR if we can do breakfast in Sabatini's?

dizlove

We will be staying in our first suite!! its an upgrade! yeah upgrade fairy!

If we have the option of having breakfast in Sabatini's and the option of the full menu being served via room sevice, is there any reason we would go to the MDR for breakfast?

Will they bring stuff from the International Cafe to me via room service too?

Breakfast in Sabatini's, at least in our experience, is special. The menu items are different and certainly the staff is adaptable to modifying them to your likes and tastes.

There have been some postings by folks that have been disappointed with the Sabatini's breakfast. We, thus far, have enjoyed Sabatini's very much.

Starting the day in a quiet atmosphere with excellent personal service and a Mimosa is not generally available in the MDR.

As the advertising slogan stated, "Try it, you'll like it"

P&J

We will be staying in our first suite!! its an upgrade! yeah upgrade fairy!

If we have the option of having breakfast in Sabatini's and the option of the full menu being served via room sevice, is there any reason we would go to the MDR for breakfast?

Will they bring stuff from the International Cafe to me via room service too?

No they will not deliver IC goodies.

I would stick with Sabatinis. :D

No reason whatsoever! Sabitini's isn't available on disembarkation morning but you can order off the suite room service breakfast menu the night before. It's a great way to prolong the cruise a little bit and avoid the chaos.

When you open the Sabatini's breakfast menu you might be dissapointed, or surprised, at how small it is.

However, the items are just a suggestion, you can literally ask for anything you want, and if they can make it, they will. Sometimes thex might not be able to do a special item that day but will (or should) offer to make it for you the next day.

I think I have only ever taken 3 items directly off the menu. I usually go off menu and ask for omlettes (with just about any filling), baked beans on toast (yep done that once) English Breakfast.

Have never been dissapointed.

Love Sabatini's. Quiet and peaceful in the morning. Wonderful service...Mimosas are very nice. Order anything within reason you wish...I like grits and it was no problem. My husband ordered corned beef hash and he said it was wonderful. It is the best perk for the suites as far as I am concerned.

I concur. No reason to go to the MDR for breakfast when you can dine in Sabatini's. We looked forward to the great view and service every morning and were disappointed when we had to miss it because of a early excursion. The room service on the last morning is also a great benefit to avoid the crowds. It was room service or Sabatini's for us every morning.

Love Sabatini's. Quiet and peaceful in the morning. Wonderful service...Mimosas are very nice. Order anything within reason you wish...I like grits and it was no problem. My husband ordered corned beef hash and he said it was wonderful. It is the best perk for the suites as far as I am concerned.

We second that. We don't drink so we don't take advantage of the mimosa's or champane. They will make you anything, like the above post said. Easy to have a quiet table for 2. They get to know you & you can have a lot of fun with the staff. They are not too stuffy. Also if you are going on an excursion that morning & can get in there right when they open (ask) you can tell them you are in a hurry & they will get you out of there in 30 minutes, maybe less, even ordering anything. They are very accomodating.They will also bring you the capachinos or whatever without even asking after they get to know what you like. I never order what is on the menu. And most items are made right there, nice, hot & fresh.

Love. Love, Love it,:D

We were lucky to be in a Suite once and totally LOVE breakfast at Sabatini's every morning except the last day. There is no reason in my opinion to ever go to the buffet or MDR when you can get food quality and service like Sabatini's.

Barbara

No reason to go to the MDR for breakfast when you can dine in Sabatini's. We looked forward to the great view and service every morning and were disappointed when we had to miss it because of a early excursion. The room service on the last morning is also a great benefit to avoid the crowds. It was room service or Sabatini's for us every morning.

Same for us!! We ordered all sorts of different breakfast items and they never said no. It was a fabulous experience and so was the final breakfast in our room from room service before disembarking. Great suite perk. :)

The statements and experiences others have had about Sabatinis preparing anything for you which is off the Sabatinis menu is not always correct--it must depend on the particular ship.

Since the Sabatinis breakfast perk began, we have cruised in a suite twice--once on the Grand Princess and once on the Caribbean Princess. We were excited about being able to have breakfast in Sabatinis as we usually have the breakfast in the MDR.

On our Grand cruise, based on the prior comments others had written of their experiences of getting off-menu items in Sabatinis, we did not think anything of ordering the "breakfast special" which was on the MDR menu (but not on the Sabatinis menu) [there is a breakfast special everyday in the MDR, such as Eggs Florentine, Mexican Eggs, etc. but this same special is not listed on the Sabatinis menu--in fact, the Sabatinis menu looks like the MDR menu with no specials] So the first day, we ordered Eggs Florentine (the MDR breakfast special). We were told they would not make this--we could only order off the menu. I did not believe the waiter and made the request of the maitre'd, who also refused, saying they would not make this. I explained that it was in the MDR dining room--but the maitre'd said not only would the chef not make it, but they the staff did not have time to go to the MDR galley and get an order. So we had to settle for Eggs Benedict which was on the Sabatinis menu. The next day, I ordered chocolate milk with my breakfast--the waiter brought a cold glass of milk with hot chocolate mix in it which was not mixed well (no surprise since hot chocolate mix doesn't do well in cold milk). When I complained, I was told they did not have chocolate syrup and would not go to the galley or bar to get it. There were a couple of other items--no waffles, etc. we couldn't order, contrary to what people said and I couldn't even get plain mixed berries for breakfast since that was not on the menu. On the third day the maitre'd came and told us we could only order what was on the menu. We ate in the MDR for breakfast the rest of the time except for the attempt at room service on the fourth day, which was terrible. (after which we went to the MDR for breakfast and everyday after that).

On the Caribbean Princess our experience was similar in Sabatinis--on the first day I asked if we could order off menu (specifically the MDR daily specials) and was told no--we tried room service on the second day, which was wonderful and we ate room service breakfast every day after that. The room service on the Caribbean Princess rocked. So for us, Sabatinis was not a good experience and certainly not a suite perk.

I'm really surprised at your experiences. There must be big differences in the various ships because we have never encountered what you and your family did. On the ships we've sailed on since the Sabatinis breakfast became a perk for suite pax I'm sure waffles were one of the things on the menu as were mixed berries. In fact, I have always had to ask to just get a small bowl of berries because I've initially been brought the whole berry patch. I'm sure that differences can occur because of different chefs and maitre d's. Princess needs to get their act to be more uniform.

Archived