Crown and Anchor Lost points

I'm a little frustrated with C&A today, and I'm not usually someone to flame RCCL. I took my first cruise when I was 17 with my parents. They have cruised since, but I haven't been able to cruise until last year. After I booked my first cruise last year, I showed I had 23 points. I was excited and thought why so many. After some research I found out that I would get my parents status of their sailings until I booked mine.

When I got off my cruise last year, I looked and it had go to 29 points. This really excited me, as I new my next one was where I turned Platinum (also confirmed by the reservation agent).

I log in today, and it is at 15... 15 points!!! OR A LOSS OF 2 WEEKS! I called C&A, and they said oh there was an error recently (My points were the same for 2 years), and it has been corrected. I told them it'd been over a year where I had seen that it was 23 and then 29. There response, oh sorry, too bad, we don't see that and not sure why you would see that on our website.

Has anyone else heard of this?

I'm a little frustrated with C&A today, and I'm not usually someone to flame RCCL. I took my first cruise when I was 17 with my parents. They have cruised since, but I haven't been able to cruise until last year. After I booked my first cruise last year, I showed I had 23 points. I was excited and thought why so many. After some research I found out that I would get my parents status of their sailings until I booked mine.

When I got off my cruise last year, I looked and it had go to 29 points. This really excited me, as I new my next one was where I turned Platinum (also confirmed by the reservation agent).

I log in today, and it is at 15... 15 points!!! OR A LOSS OF 2 WEEKS! I called C&A, and they said oh there was an error recently (My points were the same for 2 years), and it has been corrected. I told them it'd been over a year where I had seen that it was 23 and then 29. There response, oh sorry, too bad, we don't see that and not sure why you would see that on our website.

Has anyone else heard of this?

This has been discussed here before. This usually happens when a child is not "unlinked" from their parents account at age 18 (which is what is supposed to happen), and so they accumulate points beyond what Royal's rules say. Royal reserves the right to correct this at any time, and some have reported this happening, usually upon the first cruise the child takes after age 18.

The proper situation (according to what C&A has told me) is that at age 18, you should have the points you yourself earned by cruises you took. Your C&A level should be whatever your parent's level was on the day you turned 18.

What Bob said is correct, as usual.

But do I understand this correctly? You are upset with RCI because you now have the points you are truly entitled to instead of your parents points which you were been mistakenly allowed to keep on your profile until they discovered the error?

Well, it sounds as if there were points in your account that should not have been there. now the error was discovered and the points have been removed. enjoy your cruises. If you keep cruising, you will move up in the loyalty program.

We were very disappointed when they made the change to the points. It was great for those you had taken shorter cruises but for us that took several longer cruisers we lost 7 points (days) during the switch. Nothing we can do about it. Hurts to lost those points!

I hadn't really thought about what would happen to those "inherited points" that my kiddos get when they turn 18. I know plenty of "kids" who still cruise with parents through college and I just never thought about them loosing points. It does seem right though.

I hadn't really thought about what would happen to those "inherited points" that my kiddos get when they turn 18. I know plenty of "kids" who still cruise with parents through college and I just never thought about them loosing points. It does seem right though.

They don't really "lose" points. Any points they earn on their own, regardless of age, they keep. They also should keep the status earned by their parents (assuming it's higher) when they turn 18.

When my kids signed up for their C&A at age 18, they were given the points they earned, and our status on the day they turned 18. Sometimes it seems that kids are given the same points as their parents as well as the status. Some continue on with these points, but others complain that points have been 'taken away'. They aren't really 'taken away', because they never should have been added to the C&A account to begin with.

They don't really "lose" points. Any points they earn on their own, regardless of age, they keep. They also should keep the status earned by their parents (assuming it's higher) when they turn 18.

When my kids signed up for their C&A at age 18, they were given the points they earned, and our status on the day they turned 18. Sometimes it seems that kids are given the same points as their parents as well as the status. Some continue on with these points, but others complain that points have been 'taken away'. They aren't really 'taken away', because they never should have been added to the C&A account to begin with.

So I can't get my kids a C&A account when we are onboard with their first cruise? That's interesting. We don't plan on always cruising with our kids, so will they only get points for the ones they went on?

So I can't get my kids a C&A account when we are onboard with their first cruise? That's interesting. We don't plan on always cruising with our kids, so will they only get points for the ones they went on?

Yes, you can sign your kids up for C&A during their first cruise.

You sign them up so they get the coupon book and status. But when they turn 18, and you get them their online account, it should only show the points that they have actually earned on their own.

Even if they are D+ because of your status and you have 200 points, they should still only show whatever they earned by actually cruising when you sign up for their online account. So they may be a D+ with 25 points.

So to get to the next level, whatever it is, they will have to earn the balance of points needed, on their own.

As an example: Me and DH are D+ and my teen is a C&A member, at my status, but cannot yet get an online account because he is < 18. Once he turns 18, he should remain D+ and show the points he has earned on his online account, whatever that number is.

My middle son turned 18 when we were D+. His online account shows less points then we have, but he has retained his status.

My oldest turned 18 when we were D. His online account shows less points than we have, and he is still D because he turned 18 before we reached D+. So he has to get the rest of the way to D+ by cruising.

We are diamonds plus with 233 points . I went to login the other day and nothing was there. It would not even accept my password. I called the diamond plus desk and told them of the situation. It took some figuring out to see what happened but they gave my points and status to someone else. I was on the phone for a while with the diamond plus desk but they did get it squared away and I got everything back . Prime example of why you must check now I have a copy of my status printed.

We are diamonds plus with 233 points . I went to login the other day and nothing was there. It would not even accept my password. I called the diamond plus desk and told them of the situation. It took some figuring out to see what happened but they gave my points and status to someone else. I was on the phone for a while with the diamond plus desk but they did get it squared away and I got everything back . Prime example of why you must check now I have a copy of my status printed.

And I was really upset, when they took your points and status away from me!! :mad:

:D

I keep every seapass just in case.

That's why I always check to make sure that my Sea-pass card/Folio number is correctly assigned to me so I get the correct status and cruise credits. Last summer when I checked in at the counter, my name was correct but the status was not. The LA corrected this and issued me the correct card and folio number. There are a lot of members with the same name.

Archived