Oasis help for confused aft cabin booking from CC experts

Hubs wants to try this class, I am caving. Honestly I have avoided this class as I get overwhelmed with all of the cabin categories. Cabin shades etc. Asking agents for help is like an arrogant alien speaking to a 3 year old. (no offense to arrogant aliens or 3 yr olds intended)

I have finally decided what I want. I would like aft balcony. Where you can see some ocean and some aqua theater in the aft. It looks like category B-1??? higher floors. Which floors how far forward until you can not see?? B-1 seems pretty cheap to have this view, so I am thinking I may be wrong on this category

Do I make sense or am I a 3 year old.

Thanks in advance

Hubs wants to try this class, I am caving. Honestly I have avoided this class as I get overwhelmed with all of the cabin categories. Cabin shades etc. Asking agents for help is like an arrogant alien speaking to a 3 year old. (no offense to arrogant aliens or 3 yr olds intended)

I have finally decided what I want. I would like aft balcony. Where you can see some ocean and some aqua theater in the aft. It looks like category B-1??? higher floors. Which floors how far forward until you can not see?? B-1 seems pretty cheap to have this view, so I am thinking I may be wrong on this category

Do I make sense or am I a 3 year old.

Thanks in advance

Unlike most ships, there are no real aft balconies, as the entire aft is taken up with the Aqua Theater.

Therefore, you can look at boardwalk balcony cabins. Some will give you a bit of an ocean view and the AT.

Actually the cabin categories are the same fleet wide, althought Oasis class has some unique to them (Aqua Suite / Crown Loft suite). What you are referring to is different price ranges and ship locations within a category. For instance "D" categories have eight price / locations ranges (D1-D8) but are all the same size and configuration. It is like that within each category. So don't let that confuse you.

The "B" category that you refer to is the Boardwalk Balcony which faces to the inside of the ship overlooking the Boardwalk. Obviously the futher back and higher the better the Aqua Park and aft ocean view, but having never stayed there I can't say for certain how far forward that becomes compromised - if at all. Just becomes further away.

Oasis class ships are great - tremendous variety of entertainment and food venues along with a variety of pools, whirlpools and deck spaces. Cental Park and Boardwalk are very unique, as is the Promenade with the shops and restaurants, in particular with the Rising Tide bar.

Although they hold over 6,000 passengers, the size of the ships and the variety of venues is well proportioned and actually are (in our experience) less crowded than other class ships overall.

We have sailed Oais twice and are going again in November. Try it - I don't think you will be disappointed

Unlike most ships, there are no real aft balconies, as the entire aft is taken up with the Aqua Theater.

Therefore, you can look at boardwalk balcony cabins. Some will give you a bit of an ocean view and the AT.

aft meaning rear of ship as in forward, mid , aft ship locations

not fantail as in back facing balconies. which is our preferred cabin

The "B" category that you refer to is the Boardwalk Balcony which faces to the inside of the ship overlooking the Boardwalk. Obviously the futher back and higher the better the Aqua Park and aft ocean view, but having never stayed there I can't say for certain how far forward that becomes compromised - if at all. Just becomes further away.

We have sailed Oasis twice and are going again in November. Try it - I don't think you will be disappointed

Just be warned, I believe the last few cabins on deck 14 have limited views due to the walkway above the rock walls. Haven't stayed in one myself but have heard that.

I agree, the Oasis class has to be experienced to know if it works for you or not. Don't let anybody else's perceptions cloud your views. We did Allure last year and are going back again this year to hit all the places we missed. Next cruise will most likely be on a smaller ship, but will do another some day I am sure.

aft meaning rear of ship as in forward, mid , aft ship locations

not fantail as in back facing balconies. which is our preferred cabin

There are aft facing staterooms - they are the Aqua Suites on decs 7 - 10. They have balconies that face in to the Boardwalk / Aqua Park, aft to the ocean, and side to the sea. As well as the aft facing Loft suites. These categories are also among the most expensive suites on board.

But johneeo is correct that - unlike all other RCI ships with aft facing staterooms - Oasis class has the Aqua Park in that location.

We booked 10329 for our May 11 cruise on Oasis because it is right in the middle of the Boardway decks and also because it is the last room before you get to the AquaSuites. Researching online, the view from 10329 is going to be WONDERFUL!!

We booked 10329 for our May 11 cruise on Oasis because it is right in the middle of the Boardway decks and also because it is the last room before you get to the AquaSuites. Researching online, the view from 10329 is going to be WONDERFUL!!

I sailed in Boardwalk Balcony cabin 10729 (same as 10329 but on Starboard side versus Port side). It was great! We had a perfect view of the Aqua Theater, the wake of the ship, and the Boardwalk venue itself. I would think decks 11 and 12 would be equally fantastic for a great view! :D

I sailed in Boardwalk Balcony cabin 10729 (same as 10329 but on Starboard side versus Port side). It was great! We had a perfect view of the Aqua Theater, the wake of the ship, and the Boardwalk venue itself. I would think decks 11 and 12 would be equally fantastic for a great view! :D
I had 12329, loved it too for all the same reasons.:)

Just remember that your balcony will be facing other boardwalk balconies directly opposite. No real privacy when sitting out. Probably not a concern for you but just mentioning in case you hadn't thought about it. :)

You will LOVE the ship.

We had 11325 (11329/11729 not available) on Oasis and loved it - third cabin from the end - close to the "secret" public balcony on the aft - sofa near closet, bed near balcony door.

Thank you to those who got me! That is what I was asking the 11029, 10329, 11325 etc type aft cabines. Those are B-1 categories and 10 thru 12 decks , right? and thanks letting me know that deck 14 is too high. That is what I want a view of boardwalk, aft and aqua theater, and not a fantail rear facing wake only cabin. I did a lot of research and thinking to figure this was the area I wanted, but just wanted to make sure. It looked like a good area to see a lot going on but still be able to see water and know your on a ship.

I know it will be a lot of walking, to be aft, but hey leaves more room for cupcakes:)

Bonnie, thank you on all of your voyager info site. I have enjoyed it and referred it to others often

Thank you to those who got me! That is what I was asking the 11029, 10329, 11325 etc type aft cabines. Those are B-1 categories and 10 thru 12 decks , right? and thanks letting me know that deck 14 is too high. That is what I want a view of boardwalk, aft and aqua theater, and not a fantail rear facing wake only cabin. I did a lot of research and thinking to figure this was the area I wanted, but just wanted to make sure. It looked like a good area to see a lot going on but still be able to see water and know your on a ship.

I know it will be a lot of walking, to be aft, but hey leaves more room for cupcakes:)

Bonnie, thank you on all of your voyager info site. I have enjoyed it and referred it to others often

If you go deck 11-12 for these balconies you also get the super secret public balconies right outside your room

I had 12329, loved it too for all the same reasons.:)

I am thinking of booking 12329.

Could you see the show from your balcony or was it too high up?

Was there a private deck on that floor by your cabin?

Was it noisy from the people on the boardwalk or only when the show was on?

I prefer the aft of a cruise ship and I think this would be perfect.

I am thinking of booking 12329.

Could you see the show from your balcony or was it too high up?

Was there a private deck on that floor by your cabin?

Was it noisy from the people on the boardwalk or only when the show was on?

I prefer the aft of a cruise ship and I think this would be perfect.

Yes, you can see the show, however I do suggest to make a reservation for this show and watch at eye level to appreciate it even more. We watched it a second and third time from our balcony in between getting ready for dinner.

The public balcony is a few steps away outside this cabin. Anytime we went out there, most times it was just us....perfect!

Never noisy from the boardwalk itself but you can hear the music from the aqua show.

I, too love staying aft and delighted that I tried this different experience. We loved it and wouldn't hesitate to book this cabin once again. Enjoy your cruise!:)

Yes, you can see the show, however I do suggest to make a reservation for this show and watch at eye level to appreciate it even more. We watched it a second and third time from our balcony in between getting ready for dinner.

Never noisy from the boardwalk itself but you can hear the music from the aqua show.

I agree about the show, we actually watched it from our balcony first but (upon advice from other CCers on here) kept our reservations for the next night. It is pretty different from ground level.

You can also occasionally hear the noisier zip liners above (of course we were guilty of this on the last day!) :D

I was also hesitant to try this class of ship, but my hubby insisted (what IS it with men and their preoccupation with size? ;) Glad we went, it was awesome.

Archived