Just off Victory..will never sail Carnival again..

gargoyle999

as Gold. Next cruise in Oct I'll be Platinum! :p

Had a good time, liked the ship. Breakfast on the Lido was meh, but otherwise I liked the food. Couple staff members were awesome. Gladys a bartender at the aft martini bar and Lee who hosts karaoke! Gave both an extra tip!

Tried Cheers. Good program for those that like to drink a lot. I wouldn't get it again as I felt I had to drink more than I wanted to. I saw a lot of stickers and it did seem like bar service was slow a lot of the time.

Will add more comments as I think of things to say. :)

as Gold. Next cruise in Oct I'll be Platinum! :p

Had a good time, liked the ship. Breakfast on the Lido was meh, but otherwise I liked the food. Couple staff members were awesome. Gladys a bartender at the aft martini bar and Lee who hosts karaoke! Gave both an extra tip!

Tried Cheers. Good program for those that like to drink a lot. I wouldn't get it again as I felt I had to drink more than I wanted to. I saw a lot of stickers and it did seem like bar service was slow a lot of the time.

Will add more comments as I think of things to say. :)

Did you notice any stomach illness aboard? We're waiting to board and just got a letter saying that there was a lot of Noro on your cruise.

Did you notice any stomach illness aboard? We're waiting to board and just got a letter saying that there was a lot of Noro on your cruise.

Where did the letter come from advising you about norovirus? I've never heard of anyone getting a letter pre-cruise saying such. Just curious.

What a buzzkill to start your cruise. Hope you have a great cruise without further noro outbreak.

Where did the letter come from advising you about norovirus? I've never heard of anyone getting a letter pre-cruise saying such. Just curious.

They handed it out here in the terminal. They're also delaying boarding until 1:30 to sanitize the ship.

They handed it out here in the terminal. They're also delaying boarding until 1:30 to sanitize the ship.

The letter is also a good reminder for folks to wash their hands if there has been an issue to help stop it from continuing....

The letter is also a good reminder for folks to wash their hands if there has been an issue to help stop it from continuing....

Agreed. I think it's wise, I'm just curious if the outbreak on the previous cruise was widespread.

Agreed. I think it's wise, I'm just curious if the outbreak on the previous cruise was widespread.

Must not have been too widespread.....there was just a thread today about news coverage of an outbreak on an RCL ship and it mentioned a Cunard and a Princess ship having the only other "reportable" incidents since early 2012.

I'm thinking it has to be 3% of the passengers/crew affected before they have to report to the CDC.....though it must have been more than the norm for them to pass out the letter and delay embarkation.

I'm thinking it has to be 3% of the passengers/crew affected before they have to report to the CDC.....though it must have been more than the norm for them to pass out the letter and delay embarkation.

Agreed. But also to serve as an explanation for delayed boarding while they take extra precautions. Wash, wash, wash, and use every hand sanitizer station you pass!

I've gotten those letters about a half dozen times, it usually says to take precautions like washing hands, and sanitizing...

Sometimes we even had to declare if we were sick and fill out a questionnaire prior to boarding.

It's just Carnival covering themselves.

Agreed. But also to serve as an explanation for delayed boarding while they take extra precautions. Wash' date=' wash, wash, and use every hand sanitizer station you pass![/quote']

Not to get off topic but the recent news about the really bad norovirus that is going around said that using hand sanitizer does not kill the norovirus. :(

To the OP - good going, you totally got me!

We boarded at 1:15. Everyone's having fun and we're about to sail away just a bit late. The buffet is be8ng served by carnival employees. We'll take some extra hand washing precautions and have fun.

I thought "oh, no! I'm sailing the Victory in 93 days!" (But who's counting?)

Glad you had a great time!

I think it was a nice ship. For Carnival the decor is nice :p, except for the pepto bismol cabin bathroom. I liked the dark blue used in the Atlantic dining room especially.

Some lines in the buffet but never seemed too bad. Could always find a table. Liked the roast turkey on country roll from the deli the best.

Haven't sailed with Carnival in 2 years. Liked the burger they added to the everyday menu in the MDR (tried it the last night) and they have a couple kiosks were you can check your account or even add cash if that's what you do and not wait for guest services. Ate in the MDR every night for dinner with Your Time. Would be there right at 5:45pm. Would be done between 7pm-7:15. So not the fastest service we have had but not the slowest.

Embarkation was easy with DW's Platinum. We got there at 11am. Waited for one family to have their passports scanned or whatever it is they are doing now before security. Then walked through security to the Platinum check in room. No one waiting so walked right up. Checked in and as we walked into the seating area they were boarding!!

Our cabin was ready when we boarded again with DW being Platinum. Guess anyone could go to their cabin (which I guess you could have done before really) but they don't have the hallway doors closed like they used to.

They didn't water down any drinks with the Cheers program either! :D

For shows only went to the first night, then remembered why we don't go to those. Just not our thing. Went to one adult comedy show that was pretty funny. But the area they use for Punchliner was packed and hot. And the last night when we were watching karaoke in the next door lounge a staff member came over and told Lee the host the comedian complained the singing was too loud! :rolleyes:

Which itenary did you take?

What time did you actually board the ship?

Thanks we are on the Victory in 13 days

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Nassau, HMC and Grand Turk.

New ports for us. In Nassau we walked to the zoo. Maybe a mile, mile and 1/2 or so. Was a nice little zoo. Then just walked through the Fish Fry area and Straw Market.

HMC is well pretty much a beach day. Had a cabana there, furthest one out, #15. Nice beach and water. The snorkel spot the staff directed us to was nothing. Not sure if there is something better if you go off on your own away from everyone. Was a nice setup for food I thought considering you are on a small island in the middle of nowhere. Found a couple smaller bar areas where the wait wasn't so bad as the larger couple bars.

Grand Turk rented a golf cart and drove around up to the light house then through town. Was less to see there than I expected. Might go back there someday if we wanted to do a lot of diving. I am certified but don't like to dive within a couple days of flying so didn't do it on this cruise. Otherwise I wouldn't go there just to hang out.

Just came off a 9-day B2B on Victory. Didn't see any signs of Noro at all, just bags near the elevators a couple times when ship was pitching and rolling.

Got a Villa at HMC which was worth every penny.

We did Key West/Cozumel followed by Nassau/HMC/Grand Turk.

Any questions, just ask!

Just came off a 9-day B2B on Victory. Didn't see any signs of Noro at all,

Did you go to the Lido for breakfast on debarkation morning? Just wondering if they were doing anything different that last morning. We had room service so didn't go up there. Weird that there was nothing obvious during the cruise yet something came up in between cruises!

We were up on Lido for breakfast from like 7:15 until 7:45. Other than a cluster of customs agents with a drug dog looking around on Lido, nothing out of the ordinary. Never saw or heard anything about Noro at all.

Just came off a 9-day B2B on Victory. Didn't see any signs of Noro at all, just bags near the elevators a couple times when ship was pitching and rolling.

Got a Villa at HMC which was worth every penny.

We did Key West/Cozumel followed by Nassau/HMC/Grand Turk.

Any questions, just ask!

We are doing the same B2B in June for our son's high school graduation present. (and our present to ourselves before we become poor parents sending a kid to college).

This will be the first B2B we've ever done. How was the experience transitioning from first leg to second.

Glad to hear someone mention the beach villa...we got one of those this time and I was hoping it was worth it compared to the cabanas.

Any other tidbits of info on the B2B to share? I'm familiar with all the ports--we are Platinum cruisers so its not my first rodeo, but it is my first B2B.

Archived