A loyal Royal does Celebrity Reflection

Cruising89143

We were CCL, then RCL (til Diamond) tried Celebrity(as Elite) and have been on Celebrity more than RCL since.

Love the large ships--Oasis is my favorite.

What is your overall feel thinking back an comparing the Reflection to the Allure/Oasis?

Thanks for the thread.

Gary

I think for a cruise with plenty of activity and top entertainment, the Oasis twins cannot be beat and they are still two of my favorite ships. They are in a class by themselves due to their unique offerings. Many people write the two ships off due to their size but they actually feel/are less crowded than the smaller ships including the Reflection.

With that said, we loved the feeling of the Reflection. More connection with the sea, overall better service and quality of food. Both cruise lines have friendly crew members but we saw more officers around the ship on Celebrity than I recall on RCI and they spoke each and every time. The only negative that I had with the ship is the glass on the top deck. I understand the high glass around the lawn club but the other areas would be nice if the glass were lowered back to the height of the railings.

Overall, I enjoy both cruise lines but unless we want to cruise on the Allure or Oasis again, I see us booking more Celebrity in the future. Less children on board. We also found our fellow Celebrity guests to be more courteous. No pushing to get onto elevators before others have the chance to step off. This is one of my big pet peeves and was always an issue on RCI. Of course I know that this could happen on any cruise line but we did not experience it on the Reflection.

I agree with and have the same feelings with just about every thing you wrote. I do wish the Oasis/Allure pair would change their itineraries. The same old Caribbean ports get old. They too, are my favorites.

I think for a cruise with plenty of activity and top entertainment, the Oasis twins cannot be beat and they are still two of my favorite ships. They are in a class by themselves due to their unique offerings. Many people write the two ships off due to their size but they actually feel/are less crowded than the smaller ships including the Reflection.

With that said, we loved the feeling of the Reflection. More connection with the sea, overall better service and quality of food. Both cruise lines have friendly crew members but we saw more officers around the ship on Celebrity than I recall on RCI and they spoke each and every time. The only negative that I had with the ship is the glass on the top deck. I understand the high glass around the lawn club but the other areas would be nice if the glass were lowered back to the height of the railings.

Overall, I enjoy both cruise lines but unless we want to cruise on the Allure or Oasis again, I see us booking more Celebrity in the future. Less children on board. We also found our fellow Celebrity guests to be more courteous. No pushing to get onto elevators before others have the chance to step off. This is one of my big pet peeves and was always an issue on RCI. Of course I know that this could happen on any cruise line but we did not experience it on the Reflection.

My last two cruises were on the Carnival Glory Feb 17, immediately followed by the Carnival Breeze...the polite aspect changed drastically when we went on the Carnival Breeze from the Carnival Glory...in addition, the Glory had fewer children, but all seem to be running everywhere...where on the Breeze which had more children, none of them were running...and we were surprised at how polite the children were when they asked a question...not sure any of the Glory children even asked a question. :)

I agree with and have the same feelings with just about every thing you wrote. I do wish the Oasis/Allure pair would change their itineraries. The same old Caribbean ports get old. They too, are my favorites.

Just saw on Facebook yesterday - Oasis will be doing European sailings starting in 2014. Itineraries open up on 4/11/13.

Just saw on Facebook yesterday - Oasis will be doing European sailings starting in 2014. Itineraries open up on 4/11/13.

Yes, Oasis is doing afew sailing in Europe but this is mostly because the ship is heading over there to go into dry dock.

We were the last of six ships to arrive in St. Maarten a little after 8:00.

Note the ship on the right is the former Celebrity Galaxy now cruising as the Mein Schiff 1. Also in port with the Reflection included the Independence of the Seas, Norwegian Epic, Seven Seas Navigator and Maasdam.

CelebrityReflection143_zps67435016.jpg

Loving your review! I'm just off the Indy. We haven't cruised in about 10 years, but Celebrity had been our favorite. We choose RCI this time b/c we felt it was likely more family friendly.

Thanks for knowing that: the ship on the right is the former Celebrity Galaxy now cruising as the Mein Schiff 1. We were in St Martin with her as well and were not familiar with the line. I can't wait to tell my DH. we sailed on the Galaxy!

Just a suggestion--If on your next Celebrity cruise you find a smoking neighbor and ship personnel cannot resolve the issue--then you could call the room and settle--they would refrain from smoking from 7 AM to 12 midnight--They could smoke from midnight till dawn--naturally you would call every morning --around 2:30--until they agreed to settle

We were the last of six ships to arrive in St. Maarten a little after 8:00.

Note the ship on the right is the former Celebrity Galaxy now cruising as the Mein Schiff 1. Also in port with the Reflection included the Independence of the Seas, Norwegian Epic, Seven Seas Navigator and Maasdam.

CelebrityReflection143_zps67435016.jpg

Loving your review! I'm just off the Indy. We haven't cruised in about 10 years, but Celebrity had been our favorite. We choose RCI this time b/c we felt it was likely more family friendly.

Thanks for knowing that: the ship on the right is the former Celebrity Galaxy now cruising as the Mein Schiff 1. We were in St Martin with her as well and were not familiar with the line. I can't wait to tell my DH. we sailed on the Galaxy!

Mein Schiff is a cruise line that is joint venture between RCCL and TUI AG so she kind of stayed in the family.:)

• 5 months later...

Archived