Bolt bus after cruise Vancouver to Seattle

yj2cute

Has anyone used Bolt bus to get from the cruise pier in Vancouver to Seattle? I've used Bolt bus many times here in the Northeast and am now considering this route for after my cruise in May.

Would appreciate any comments from those who have done this. TIA.

We've always used Quick Shuttle. They have busses waiting at Canada Place to take passengers to Seattle.

They also have free wifi on the buses..

I looked at QS also, but Bolt is significantly cheaper.

If you're just going to downtown Seattle (International District to be specific) then I'd imagine the Bolt Bus would be okay. If you're going to the Seattle airport, then you'd still have a 30-min. light rail ride (and luggage wrangling) or a $40 cab ride to get to Seatac. Not sure where Bolt picks up in Vancouver relative to Canada Place, so there might be some hassle at that end too.

If you're just going to downtown Seattle (International District to be specific) then I'd imagine the Bolt Bus would be okay. If you're going to the Seattle airport, then you'd still have a 30-min. light rail ride (and luggage wrangling) or a $40 cab ride to get to Seatac. Not sure where Bolt picks up in Vancouver relative to Canada Place, so there might be some hassle at that end too.

We are going downtown. The bolt station in Vancouver is at Pacific Central Station, which I understand is pretty convenient to Canada Place.

Hope to hear from someone who's actually used this service.

Edited by yj2cute

We are going downtown. The bolt station in Vancouver is at Pacific Central Station, which I understand is pretty convenient to Canada Place.

Hope to hear from someone who's actually used this service.

Well it's not that convenient, about a $10 cab ride away or you schlep you luggage over to Waterfront Station, about 3 blocks from Canada Place and take SkyTrain to the Main Street station and then walk about a short block....your fare will be $2.75 pp CDN funds only, however the TVMs will take most credit cards and ATM cards. With the extra fares and having to transfer 2 times you may find it easier to take Quick Shuttle from Canada Place to SEA.

You'd need to get to Pacific Station. The entrance to the Waterfront Station Skytrain lines that lead you there (Expo or Millennium line) is a ½ block from the entrance from Canada Place, cost is $2.75/ea. (Canada Line to the airport is 3 blocks to get to, but Expo/Millennium is much closer)

Bolt bus actually has wifi also and the stop in Seattle is at the light rail station so getting to Seatac is pretty easy actually. On tripadvisor seattle forum there are a few bolt bus reviews. Just use the search feature. Also on top right on Seattle forum is specific direction in using light rail from the Amtrak stop which is about the same as the Bolt bus stop.

• 3 months later...

I just wanted to come back and post about my experience with Bolt bus from Vancouver to Seattle. It went perfectly. We saved a ton of money and had leather seats and wifi on the Bolt bus. Would absolutely do it again if going to downtown Seattle.

• 1 year later...

Sorry to resurrect a year old thread. This thread came up on my search for the exact same question. Our cruise ends at Vancouver and our flights are out of Seattle the next day. Can you explain in detail how you got to the Bolt bus stop from the pier ? We are a family of 4 so want to price out my options. Thanks so much.

Sorry to resurrect a year old thread. This thread came up on my search for the exact same question. Our cruise ends at Vancouver and our flights are out of Seattle the next day. Can you explain in detail how you got to the Bolt bus stop from the pier ? We are a family of 4 so want to price out my options. Thanks so much.

Exactly the same as going by Amtrak or Greyhound - long distance coaches all depart from the Pacific Central train station. From your other posts on the topic of getting from Vancouver to Seattle, cost seemed to be your primary concern - with 4 of you a cab is going to cost the same or less than transit (~$10) and has no risk of you getting lost. The Skytrain line that passes Pacific Central is also most definitely NOT designed for large suitcases. On foot it's a mile-and-a-half, slightly downhill overall.

I've taken Bolt before and will do so again, but their schedule only opens approx. six weeks before travel - if you are the kind of traveler who needs to lock things in early to feel comfortable, this could add stress. If you check early and often, you'll almost certainly get a fare on the order of $19 a person - and you might get really lucky and pick up one of the Bolt For A Buck deals.

No discount for kids on Bolt though, so the Amtrak train - if the timing works for you - could be as cheap, more pleasant, nicer views, and way less hassle at Customs/Immigration as you get that done here in Vancouver before boarding. Regular price for 2 adults/2 kids is ~$90 total on Amtrak (based on $29 Saver ticket, the usual rate - I've paid as low as $19 in the past - and 50% discount for kids).

If the train timing (c.6pm-10pm) doesn't work, then also compare Greyhound pricing - while Bolt is hands-down cheaper for single travelers, there are enough discounts on Greyhound for traveling with a companion, kids fares etc. that they can be cheaper than Bolt. Plus they let you book far in advance - I'm seeing tickets available to at least next August for $80.80 (2 adults/2 kids).

We were a group of 10 that took the Bolt Bus. The cab ride was about $10/per cab. It was very easy and relatively convenient. I would recommend it for anyone who wanted to save some money. Though, getting a bus right at the Pier that will take a person right to the airport in Seattle would be most convenient for some people, there is nothing about riding the Bolt bus that is inconvenient or difficult.