An ENTIRELY different kind of cruise!

StingRaysfan

Hi...this thread is getting more interesting by the day! Can you spill on how you know about this? :)

I believe this poster meant HER DH's co-workers, not the OP's...

Boy I can not understand your soon to be ex. A vacation is just not a break from work, it is suppose to be a break from the every day normal life. The best thing about a cruise is that when at sea you enjoy the ship. That does not mean together.

Cruises/vacations mean different things for everyone. Sometimes it's a break from one another (lol) and sometimes it's a chance to reconnect. Doesn't mean either way is right or wrong - just means different things work for different people :) My parents were never happier than when they were able to cruise and actually spend time together away from everyone else! Haha

StingRaysFan

I hope you have a great time! My very first cruise was in 2006...my divorce cruise with 2 other gals that were also going through divorces. We had a great time! We didn't attend any singles events but we did take advantage of the dance clubs on board....it was a blast!

Hi...this thread is getting more interesting by the day! Can you spill on how you know about this? :)

Hopefully they wont be on the same cruise LOL!

They have all been hearing how much fun a cruise is. Word of mouth has now gotten them interested, since they realize there are single women on these cruises. Some of them my DH knows well, and they are telling him to ask me questions about cruising. They are in the talking stage right now, but they plan to do it. Whatever cruise they decide on will never be the same. I'm thinking they may go out of Baltimore, since these guys work in Washington, DC.

What I got out of the OP was that she was just looking forward to a different experience. It is sort of like going to your favorite resturant with your girlfriends instead of your hubby. There is a difference. I went single on a few cruises (yes before I was married.) It was amazing how other single people can find you. She dosen't need to worry about it as she has 2 friends going with her; she will have a blast. Although, I think (based solely on her writing) she will find fun wherever she goes (alone or in a crowd.)

As it was a good experience for both of them in their relationship, I bet her ex has not given up on crusing either; hopefully they both don't wind up on the same ship together.

FOR all:

Remember the person who is most responible for both your safety and your happiness looks back at you in the mirror.

Cruising is an experience that I hope all get a chance at least once in life to enjoy!

What I got out of the OP was that she was just looking forward to a different experience. It is sort of like going to your favorite resturant with your girlfriends instead of your hubby. There is a difference. I went single on a few cruises (yes before I was married.) It was amazing how other single people can find you. She dosen't need to worry about it as she has 2 friends going with her; she will have a blast. Although, I think (based solely on her writing) she will find fun wherever she goes (alone or in a crowd.)

As it was a good experience for both of them in their relationship, I bet her ex has not given up on crusing either; hopefully they both don't wind up on the same ship together.

FOR all:

Remember the person who is most responible for both your safety and your happiness looks back at you in the mirror.

Cruising is an experience that I hope all get a chance at least once in life to enjoy!

Good one, and I wish a great cruise, a better matched mate for op in the future if she wishes, and the finding of life as a single has it's benefits too..just as many..either way ok...and in your own cabin....you can have a king or big queen and sleep on the diagonal if you wish...LOL..Sarah

FOR all:

Bravo!

FOR all:

great answer!!! :)

Just of the Dream last Saturday and they had "single meet" times in the Ocean Plaza and in the Calientie Dance Club....not that it really mattered I had my wedding ring on and had a "single" guy trying to drag me out on the dance floor (my hubby wasn't too impressed) :o....I don't think you will have a problem meeting men...married or not!! :D

I've cruised 6 times (#7 is next month). My husband only went on one of those cruises. Why? Girls cruises are just so damn much more fun! :D

Yes, I agree!!!! Went on a cruise a year and a half ago with a very good friend of mine and it was a blast. Just got back from a cruise with mom, two sisters and sister in law and it was also a BLAST!!!!

My husband and I have two completely different ideas about what to do on a vacation. I like to dance, go to shows, do trivia games, karaoke, read on the decks, etc... On our Alaskan cruise in July, he stayed in the room and worked on his computer...not for work, mind you...just programming for fun (he asked ahead of time if he could bring the computer...I should have said no! :) ) So yeah, he's a bit of a downer on a cruise.

OP, have a blast!!!! And don't mind some of these silly posters giving you a hard time :)

Have a great cruise! I'm sure you will. Yes it will be different than cruising as a couple, but probably much more fun since you can do whatever you want whenever you want!! It's a girls cruise so go out and enjoy!!! I definitely cant wait to read your review.

Archived