Have Constellation Questions ? Ask Away !!!

Andy

Andy,

If you can, I'm interested in Entertainment info -

1) is Liz Strauss still in Michaels?

2) how about Derek Lewis?

3) are the Miami DJ's still on board?

and

4) is the Spitfires still the party band?

Thanks a lot!

Not sure about #1 but yes on the other 3. Just got off of Connie on Saturday.

Andy,

If you can, I'm interested in Entertainment info -

1) is Liz Strauss still in Michaels?

2) how about Derek Lewis?

3) are the Miami DJ's still on board?

and

4) is the Spitfires still the party band?

Thanks a lot!

Hi Team Stag,

I believe questions 2-4 have been answered. Regarding question #1, I'm fairly certain that I've read recent posts mentioning a different entertainer at Michaels (Liz Strauss was onboard in Late January). I will be happy to confirm all 4 items for you.

Hi Shelbyz,

Constellation will have a 3 week dry dock in April.

The largest changes, are new Aqua Class cabins, located on Deck 11 Aft, and additonal Oceanview Cabins on Deck 3 Aft. Celebrity is also creating a section for BLU in the Main Dining Room on Deck 5. I've also heard they are adding ship-wide Wi-Fi, but I'm not sure if that is confirmed.

I hope this helps !

I believe they are also adding balconies to the Celebrity Suites during this drydock!!

I believe they are also adding balconies to the Celebrity Suites during this drydock!!

Hi Gracie,

Yes, they are adding verandas to the CS's !

Edited by Host Andy

Hi Gracie,

Yes, they are adding verandas to the CS's !

Can't wait to try one of these someday! Such a wonderful suite the only thing missing was the balcony and now it'll be there. Unfortunately I bet the price go up accordingly...we were able to book a few times at the same or close to the SS price, doubt that will happen anymore.

Have a wonderful cruise Andy!!:)

Hi Jaal02,

I believe the "semi-private" reference pertains to the Celebrity Suite located next door, which would likely have a view of your veranda.

Thanks again. I was able to change my cabin to 7106. My TA claims he has no knowledge of anything different about 7136. Also, that he called his Celebrity rep, and he too knew of no problems with 7136. I had originally asked my TA about the suite jutting out and would that be a problem. He said no. I'm glad I followed up with my original instinct and for your help.

Can't wait to try one of these someday! Such a wonderful suite the only thing missing was the balcony and now it'll be there. Unfortunately I bet the price go up accordingly...we were able to book a few times at the same or close to the SS price, doubt that will happen anymore.

Have a wonderful cruise Andy!!:)

Hi Gracie,

I think you're right about that. The only major negative to the CS's were the lack of a veranda. With the upcoming addtion to Connie (and the completed additions to her sister ships), I'd fully expect the CS's to be a hot commodity.

Let's hope you will have an opportunity to snag one at a decent price, on a future cruise. Thank you for your well-wishes. Much appreciated !

Edited by Host Andy

Thanks again. I was able to change my cabin to 7106. My TA claims he has no knowledge of anything different about 7136. Also, that he called his Celebrity rep, and he too knew of no problems with 7136. I had originally asked my TA about the suite jutting out and would that be a problem. He said no. I'm glad I followed up with my original instinct and for your help.

Hi Jaal02,

I think you've made a wise decision. Always my pleasure to be of assistance. Enjoy your Cruise !

Have a great cruise Andy!

It would be great if you could find out who will be the CD and CC host in Europe in May. Generally, there are lots of changes before and after the Transatlantic!

Hi Linda,

Will try my best to find out for you. I believe Graeme has recently joined the ship, so he may still be there in May.

Loved your 'live from Constellation' from a few weeks ago. DH and I will be sailing her on a b2b in early April.

I am sure this question has been asked numerous times and its about hair dryers. Does the Constellation still have those hair dryers that hang on the wall in the bathroom? If they do, I'll pack my travel dryer as I prefer drying my hair in the bedroom while DH uses the bathroom. It gets a bit hot in there to dry hair.

This is our first time on M-class. Is there anything special we should be looking for while on board ?

Have a wonderful trip!

Thank you.

Christine

Loved your 'live from Constellation' from a few weeks ago. DH and I will be sailing her on a b2b in early April.

I am sure this question has been asked numerous times and its about hair dryers. Does the Constellation still have those hair dryers that hang on the wall in the bathroom? If they do, I'll pack my travel dryer as I prefer drying my hair in the bedroom while DH uses the bathroom. It gets a bit hot in there to dry hair.

This is our first time on M-class. Is there anything special we should be looking for while on board ?

Have a wonderful trip!

Thank you.

Christine

Hi Christine,

That I recall, Connie still has the hair dryer in the bathroom. As for anything special ? Well... we feel the entire ship is special. If you are able to do so, why not enjoy a Specialty Dinner at Tuscan Grille or Ocean Liners. We've had many wonderful meals in both venues. If Michaels Club has a good entertainer onboard, it's one of our favorite places.

Thanks for your kind comments about my Live from Constellation thread. As long as the internet cooperates, I plan to try it again on Thursday's sailing.

Please find out about escagot situation.

I'll cruise connie in June. I wonder whether by that time escagot shortage situation will be resolved. :rolleyes:

Thanks,

Hi XandraMic,

Last I heard, it's moving along at a Snails pace :) <rimshot>

I should have an answer early in the cruise, as we enjoy the Escargot very much. Even if it's not on the menu, we also enjoy the Crab stuffed mushrooms... so we'll be fine either way.

Hi Christine,

That I recall, Connie still has the hair dryer in the bathroom. As for anything special ? Well... we feel the entire ship is special. If you are able to do so, why not enjoy a Specialty Dinner at Tuscan Grille or Ocean Liners. We've had many wonderful meals in both venues. If Michaels Club has a good entertainer onboard, it's one of our favorite places.

Thanks for your kind comments about my Live from Constellation thread. As long as the internet cooperates, I plan to try it again on Thursday's sailing.

Andy,

Thank you for your quick response. I'll make sure to pack my hair dryer!

DH and I quite enjoy the MDR and having dinner with our tablemates, but will take your suggestion under advisement :). We have been to Murano, Tuscan Grill and Bistro on Five in the past and food and service were wonderful. Will see where this cruise takes us...

Looking forward to getting on board...

Christine

I'm not positive, but I believe I read on one of these boards that while Connie still has those horrible wall hair dryers in the bathrooms they also have a better one in the drawer in the cabin. If you could confirm this it would be one less thing for many of us to pack. Thanks again, Andy!

Hi Andy,

Would it be possible to check on cabin 7163? From the diagrams it looks like it has a larger balcony, though our TA says every balcony in the cabin class is the same size. We're just curious since it'd be nice to get a slightly larger balcony for the same price!

Kelly

I'm not positive, but I believe I read on one of these boards that while Connie still has those horrible wall hair dryers in the bathrooms they also have a better one in the drawer in the cabin. If you could confirm this it would be one less thing for many of us to pack. Thanks again, Andy!

When we were on the Connie in Feb that was indeed the case. However, we didn't find it until doing our final sweep of packing to go home. My wife's face was priceless.

While we didn't use it, I have read it is one of those w a trigger that you have to hold down the entire time it is in use. As someone who does not have enough hair to ever consider blow drying, Im not sure if that is a big deal or not!

Hi Team Stag,

I believe questions 2-4 have been answered. Regarding question #1, I'm fairly certain that I've read recent posts mentioning a different entertainer at Michaels (Liz Strauss was onboard in Late January). I will be happy to confirm all 4 items for you.

CMAP & Andy - thank you very much!

You have a lovely daughter, we were on a back to back in Feb and every time I saw her I told her "your Dad says Hi", it got to be a running joke. She said people tell her that all the time. She does a very good job.

Thank you. She is always pleasantly surprised when it happens.

To Andy

Have a great cruise if you can find the time between finding out all the changes to Connie on her April refit icon12.gif

Peter

HI again Andy-

Would love to know if there will be entertainment of any kind in Michael's the first week of April when we will be on Connie. We are so looking forward to being in an "M" class Michael's again, they are so much nicer than than the Solstice class version, in our opinion!

Thanks for your help.

Gracie

When we were on the Connie in Feb that was indeed the case. However, we didn't find it until doing our final sweep of packing to go home. My wife's face was priceless.

While we didn't use it, I have read it is one of those w a trigger that you have to hold down the entire time it is in use. As someone who does not have enough hair to ever consider blow drying, Im not sure if that is a big deal or not!

Thanks Team Stag, that is great news! More room for shoes in the suitcase.

Most hotel-type hair dryers have that feature where you must hold down the thingy the entire time the appliance is used. I am fine with that.

HI again Andy-

Would love to know if there will be entertainment of any kind in Michael's the first week of April when we will be on Connie. We are so looking forward to being in an "M" class Michael's again, they are so much nicer than than the Solstice class version, in our opinion!

Thanks for your help.

Gracie

Hi Gracie,

I will see what I can find out :)