Have Constellation Questions ? Ask Away !!!

Andy

Hi Everyone,

I'm sailing on Constellation again, this Thursday. If our Community Members have questions about the ship, or if I can be of any assistance, please post your questions on this thread, and I will try my very best to answer.

As long as the internet cooperates, as with my last Constellation sailing, I plan to post live updates from the ship.

I look forward to your questions. Thanks very much !

Can you tell me about cabin 7136. It's mid ship next to a suite. I think the suite will block my view to the left. Also the balcony's look narrower from mid ship going forward. My TA said, the suite should not be a problem and that the balcony's are all the same size. I'm a little nervous about this. Any advice? Thanks

Hi! My husband and I will be on the Constellation the 23! We have the open seating (sorry forget the term) for dining!! Are there tables for two? If yes, is it hard to get a table for 2? Thanks!!

Hi! My husband and I will be on the Constellation the 23! We have the open seating (sorry forget the term) for dining!! Are there tables for two? If yes, is it hard to get a table for 2? Thanks!!

Hi Sj531,

Welcome to Cruise Critic !

I can answer your question now. There any many tables for two, and it shouldnt be a problem. Please make sure your table size preference is noted on your booking. This can be done, by calling your TA, or Celebrity if you booked direct.

On Edit : The above information is slightly inaccurate. If you have Select Dining, I've learned that you can make reservations online, or by calling Captains Club. They can assist with your request. My apologies - we always choose assigned seating, and I have no experience with Select Dining.

I hope this helps. Enjoy your Cruise.

Edited by Host Andy

I understand that the Connie is going into dry dock in April. Is this true and if so, what will change? Thanks.

Safe travels!

Hi Shelbyz,

Constellation will have a 3 week dry dock in April.

The largest changes, are new Aqua Class cabins, located on Deck 11 Aft, and additonal Oceanview Cabins on Deck 3 Aft. Celebrity is also creating a section for BLU in the Main Dining Room on Deck 5. I've also heard they are adding ship-wide Wi-Fi, but I'm not sure if that is confirmed.

I hope this helps !

Edited by Host Andy

Can you tell me about cabin 7136. It's mid ship next to a suite. I think the suite will block my view to the left. Also the balcony's look narrower from mid ship going forward. My TA said, the suite should not be a problem and that the balcony's are all the same size. I'm a little nervous about this. Any advice? Thanks

Hi Jaal02,

I'm not a huge fan of 7136. Great location, and cabin. However, the balcony size is smaller, AND - I believe there's window washing equipment in this area. Could you possibly move to a nearby cabin ?

The size of the veranda is confirmed on the Celebrity website, with the following information. I hope this helps. :

Staterooms 6102, 6108, 7136, 7142, 8102, 8108, 9094 and 9100 have smaller verandas that are semi-private.

Andy,

If you can, I'm interested in Entertainment info -

1) is Liz Strauss still in Michaels?

2) how about Derek Lewis?

3) are the Miami DJ's still on board?

and

4) is the Spitfires still the party band?

Thanks a lot!

Hi Jaal02,

I'm not a huge fan of 7136. Great location, and cabin. However, the balcony size is smaller, AND - I believe there's window washing equipment in this area. Could you possibly move to a nearby cabin ?

The size of the veranda is confirmed on the Celebrity website, with the following information. I hope this helps. :

Thanks for the fast reply. What does semi-private mean in regard to this cabin?

Thanks for the fast reply. What does semi-private mean in regard to this cabin?

Hi Jaal02,

I believe the "semi-private" reference pertains to the Celebrity Suite located next door, which would likely have a view of your veranda.

Hi Andy,

I would also like to know if the Miami dj and percussionist are still on board, but probably not for the same reason as the previous poster .:rolleyes: Hope they have gone, and that you will have a great, and peaceful, cruise. Please say hello to Graeme.

Anne

Hi Andy,

I would also like to know if the Miami dj and percussionist are still on board, but probably not for the same reason as the previous poster .:rolleyes: Hope they have gone, and that you will have a great, and peaceful, cruise. Please say hello to Graeme.

Anne

I'm with you on that one Anne. I've packed an extra large bottle of Tylenol, just in case :). I will say hello to Graeme. He must have joined Connie recently, as he wasn't there on our January sailing. It will be nice to see him again. As always, thank you for your kind comments. Much appreciated !

Edited by Host Andy

We've done Select dining on the Summit and Reflection. Each night the hostess would ask if we preferred to dine with others or alone. It was never an issue the nights we chose a table for two.

Linda

I'm with you on that one Anne. I've packed an extra large bottle of Tylenol, just in case :). I will say hello to Graeme. He must have joined Connie recently, as he wasn't there on our January sailing. It will be nice to see him again. As always, thank you for your kind comments. Much appreciated !

Is he the CC host? He was there at least on our second leg in Feb, the 9th sailing.

Is he the CC host? He was there at least on our second leg in Feb, the 9th sailing.

Hi Orv,

Yes, Graeme is a Captains Club Host.

Hi Andy

Perhaps you and the rest of the CC members on your cruise can organise a "Harlem shake".

They did one on Constellation the other week up on the pool deck but I think it could be bettered.

Speak to Valentina and she'll help organise the music, and tell her please her Dad says "Hi" (againicon7.gif)

Cheers

Peter

Hi Andy,

Have a GREAT cruise !

I be curious to find out if you hear any "scuttlebutt" about perhaps any new things they plan to do during the dry-dock that haven't already been disclosed...or maybe that the other 3 ships didn't receive. It's been almost a year since the last of the other M Class ships completed the full "solsticizing"...and based on continuing evaluation and feedback...from crew, customers and corporate themselves...perhaps they are making additional changes...ie...more soft good replacement ? easy fixes to Cafe al Bacio, making it a "true" Coffee Shop...that sells real brewed(but GOOD) coffee as well as espresso based drinks? perhaps taking 2 inside cabins from every deck and converting them to a self-serve laundry?....anything else ?

Corporations are constantly making changes based on feedback/evaluation...so curious if they might be as well ?!

(and yes, the laundry room reference was a joke...as I know how polarizing the mention of one can be on this board)!!:D

Enjoy, and as always...Thanks !!

Woody

Edited by rwr235

Hi Andy

Perhaps you and the rest of the CC members on your cruise can organise a "Harlem shake".

They did one on Constellation the other week up on the pool deck but I think it could be bettered.

Speak to Valentina and she'll help organise the music, and tell her please her Dad says "Hi" (againicon7.gif)

Cheers

Peter

You have a lovely daughter, we were on a back to back in Feb and every time I saw her I told her "your Dad says Hi", it got to be a running joke. She said people tell her that all the time. She does a very good job.

Hi Andy,

Have a GREAT cruise !

I be curious to find out if you hear any "scuttlebutt" about perhaps any new things they plan to do during the dry-dock that haven't already been disclosed...or maybe that the other 3 ships didn't receive. It's been almost a year since the last of the other M Class ships completed the full "solsticizing"...and based on continuing evaluation and feedback...from crew, customers and corporate themselves...perhaps they are making additional changes...ie...more soft good replacement ? easy fixes to Cafe al Bacio, making it a "true" Coffee Shop...that sells real brewed(but GOOD) coffee as well as espresso based drinks? perhaps taking 2 inside cabins from every deck and converting them to a self-serve laundry?....anything else ?

Corporations are constantly making changes based on feedback/evaluation...so curious if they might be as well ?!

(and yes, the laundry room reference was a joke...as I know how polarizing the mention of one can be on this board)!!:D

Enjoy, and as always...Thanks !!

Woody

Thank you for your kind comments Woody. That's a great question, as there's always a chance there could be a surprise or two. I've heard nothing, but will ask around.