Easter Bunny on Zuiderdam?

NickCDN

Hello,

I am travelling with our extended family on the 10 day panama cruise on the Zuiderdam leaving March 29, 2013 over Easter. We have 8 kids in our group and was wondering if HAL does anything for Easter. Will will bring our own treats but was curious if the Easter bunny will make an appearance.

Nick

Hello,

I am travelling with our extended family on the 10 day panama cruise on the Zuiderdam leaving March 29, 2013 over Easter. We have 8 kids in our group and was wondering if HAL does anything for Easter. Will will bring our own treats but was curious if the Easter bunny will make an appearance.

Nick

Maybe, but I suspect he is going to have his paws full, if the recent flurry of gun carry permits is anything to go by.:eek:

We were on Maasdam last Easter but I don't remember there being an Easter Bunny. I do recall years ago on a HAL cruise, they had a crew person play Easter Bunny but I don't think that was the case on our cruise last April.

I do remember an Easter egg hunt - but no Easter bunny that I can recall.

The little ones had a great time (and so did some adults)

Was that last year, Jacqui?

Which ship?

I'm curious if some ships had a Bunny and others did not.

Was that last year, Jacqui?

Which ship?

I'm curious if some ships had a Bunny and others did not.

As I said Sail - Just the Easter egg hunt was all I saw l :D

A couple of years ago.

We have been on a few ships over Easter. The Lido was decorated. Club HAL had an Easter egg hunt. But there wasn't any Easteer bunny.

As I said Sail - Just the Easter egg hunt was all I saw l :D

A couple of years ago.

Thanks. I was interested.

Cute....

and that Beagle in your avatar is Really cute. !!! :)

Thank you! I'll be here all week!

Thanks for the doggie compliment! The bigger dog, Beignet, is a foxhound I got as an eight-week-old puppy in Gulfport, Mississippi when I went down to volunteer after Katrina. Mangiest puppy I've ever seen. I thought she was a beagle puppy. Wrong! She's snoring away on the sofa.

The puppy is Biscuit. He was brought to the shelter where I was working. His forelegs were bowed and he could hardly walk. Fortunately it was just malnourishment and lack of exercise. The minute I set him on the floor Beignet started gnawing gently on his head. I call my profile pic "Are You My Mother"?

Sadly I had to euthanize Biscuit last October; he wasn't even six yet. His liver failed and the best we could figure, he and his entire litter had probably been infected with an infectious hepatitis virus when they were too young to be vaccinated. The rest of his litter had died, according to the people who brought Biscuit it, so we think his liver was damaged, but managed to hang in there for awhile and then just couldn't work anymore.

But he had a few good years, which is more than a lot of dogs get.

Back to the Ooster Bunny! ;)

Thanks for the doggie compliment! The bigger dog, Beignet, is a foxhound I got as an eight-week-old puppy in Gulfport, Mississippi when I went down to volunteer after Katrina. Mangiest puppy I've ever seen. I thought she was a beagle puppy. Wrong! She's snoring away on the sofa.

The puppy is Biscuit. He was brought to the shelter where I was working. His forelegs were bowed and he could hardly walk. Fortunately it was just malnourishment and lack of exercise. The minute I set him on the floor Beignet started gnawing gently on his head. I call my profile pic "Are You My Mother"?

Sadly I had to euthanize Biscuit last October; he wasn't even six yet. His liver failed and the best we could figure, he and his entire litter had probably been infected with an infectious hepatitis virus when they were too young to be vaccinated. The rest of his litter had died, according to the people who brought Biscuit it, so we think his liver was damaged, but managed to hang in there for awhile and then just couldn't work anymore.

Oh my,,,,,,,, what a story of sweet puppies.

My heart breaks for you to lose your Biscuit. There is little more painful than losing our beloved pets.

I hope you have many years of fun and pleasure with your Beignet.

What great names you gave each of those beautiful furbabies.

Thanks for sharing their story. :)

Was on Oosterdam 2 years ago for Easter. No Easter Bunny. Early risers scoffed all the Easter Candy in the MDR. There was not even a jelly bean left by 8:45 A.M. :eek: Thank heaven I was not travelling with children. Take your own treats for sure.

We were on the Ryndam across Easter last year; there was an Easter bunny. The "bunny" was not heavily promoted but was mentioned in the daily program and within the specified hours the character and an entourage of cruise director staff moved through the public rooms and visited with kids, parents, anyone interested. Photos, of course, but many took their own I noticed. It was low-key but it definitely happened and the bunny costume was traditional and cute.

Cudos to you for taking in this lovely pup.

I know how hard it is to lose one and how hard it is to struggle with health issues.

Bless you for caring.

That was so very kind of you to adopt him. At least he had a good few years in a nice home.

His picture is a dorable.

We were on the Ryndam across Easter last year; there was an Easter bunny. The "bunny" was not heavily promoted but was mentioned in the daily program and within the specified hours the character and an entourage of cruise director staff moved through the public rooms and visited with kids, parents, anyone interested. Photos, of course, but many took their own I noticed. It was low-key but it definitely happened and the bunny costume was traditional and cute.

Good to know that a ship or 2 may have the Easter bunny.

In 1998 we did a South American cruise on the old Nieuw Amsterdam.

There were 6 children on board and the chef made 6 good sized chocolate Easter eggs with their names on them. He had placed them in various spots in the Lido so that the children could see them and take them at breakfast.

But it didn't happen that way. A couple of adults grabbed 2 of them and ran off with them before anyone could stop them. Everyone felt so bad for the 2 children who didn't get one at breakfast. We heard that when the chef learned about this, he did make 2 more which they got later in the day.

Thanks for the kind words about Biscuit and Beignet, everyone! Both would have chased the Ooster Bunny had they gotten the chance.

Beignet is still (or again) zonked out on the sofa. However, she has made the effort to move to the other end!

Archived