Sue Happy?

OK,The ship is in port,,runs a test on backup generator and it fails. So the line pays for the passengers to stay on a great island for an extra day and then flies everyone home,gives a refund(small) and half off the next booking. Now people want to sue? I cant figure this out. At no time was anyone hurt, out of food,water or a place to stay and ENJOY! I hate to say it but Americans are spoiled. Carnival was only thinking about the passengers safety and people bitch and moan.

OK,The ship is in port,,runs a test on backup generator and it fails. So the line pays for the passengers to stay on a great island for an extra day and then flies everyone home,gives a refund(small) and half off the next booking. Now people want to sue? I cant figure this out. At no time was anyone hurt, out of food,water or a place to stay and ENJOY! I hate to say it but Americans are spoiled. Carnival was only thinking about the passengers safety and people bitch and moan.

People are suing?! Unfreakingbelievable.

I hate to say it but its the new American way & its not getting any better.

It always amazes me how people are. Any vacation carries with it a risk of things going awry. Outside of some elevators not running and some toilets not flushing for a couple hours, nothing else happened!

They even arranged for people with no passports to get home without any issues.

Carnival isn't perfect, but they have learned some lessons from the previous incidents and are doing the best they can.

American's have a tendency to sue over every stupid thing. A passenger is suing Carnival over not rescuing her fast enough and improper/poor medical attention after jumping overboard from a balcony while intoxicated . The fact that she is alive today tells me that Carnival and the Doctors did a proper job.

American's have a tendency to sue over every stupid thing. A passenger is suing Carnival over not rescuing her fast enough and improper/poor medical attention after jumping overboard from a balcony while intoxicated . The fact that she is alive today tells me that Carnival and the Doctors did a proper job.

:eek: SMH!!! It's sad that this country sues others for their own stupidity!

Do not judge a man lest you walk a mile in his shoes.

At least that way you'll be a mile away with a new pair of shoes...

I agree so much with what you have said.

When will it stop??

Everyone is looking for a easy way to get rich!!

Or at least to get some extra money in their pockets!!!

How Sad!!!

Plus the lawyers aren't helping the situation!!!

People are just plain sue happy these days. On 2 Carnival cruises over the last 10 years where things have happened to alter our ports. Never even thought of suing. Carnival has always made it right for us and made us happy. That is why we will continue to sail Carnival.

Wow, we booked a condo for a week at the beach once. Had 2 light bulbs out and the toilet stopped up once. We could have sued?? Dang, missed out on that! What a crock!

And I read on another thread somewhere on here about someone being bitten by sand fleas at a beach. Since some seem to think that Carnival has (or should have) control over anything and everything, can a person sue for being bitten by insects while in port? Maybe when people book a cruise, they should have to take an I.Q. test first, and if you're dumber than dirt, you don't get to go.:rolleyes::D

I agree so much with what you have said.

When will it stop??

Everyone is looking for a easy way to get rich!!

Or at least to get some extra money in their pockets!!!

How Sad!!!

Plus the lawyers aren't helping the situation!!!

It will STOP when the USA adopts a "loser pay" system for our courts.Sue over something stupid and trivial if you want to but when you lose--you pay the winning party's expenses.If you can't pay the cost, your lawyer picks up the tab.

Lawsuit, according to what report? Where did you find a legitimate report that passengers had filed lawsuits regarding the Dream incident?

There seems to be a lot of yapping here over an unsubstantiated story. Nothing new, of course.

For those who believe that Americans have gone crazy filing lawsuits, statistically the number of tort (personal) injury lawsuits has declined significantly over the past decades, and represent maybe 6 or 7 percent of all lawsuits. Business have picked up the slack, suing each other and suing municipalities with great vigor.

Also, a person doesn't need to suffer physical harm in order to file a suit. In any bargain, each side must meet its obligations. Carnival certainly has waivers up the ying-yang in its contract, but I suspect that in many cases a judge might find them indefensible and unconscionable, especially under circumstances such as those found in the Triumph episode.

Sorry, I disagree. Once she was injured she was entitled to appropriate medical care. If she's alive but has permanent injuries because of medical errors -- injuries that wrre exacerbated rather than gealed -- she has cause to sue. I believe she received appropriate medical care, but since I haven't seen her medical records or deposed the ship's medical staff, I don't know whether it's true.

If you were in a car accident and broke your arm, you'd expect the doctor in the ER to put a cast on your arm, not cut it off, correct? And that would be true whether you caused the crash or whether someone else crashed into you.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

Lawsuit, according to what report? Where did you find a legitimate report that passengers had filed lawsuits regarding the Dream incident?

There seems to be a lot of yapping here over an unsubstantiated story. Nothing new, of course.

For those who believe that Americans have gone crazy filing lawsuits, statistically the number of tort (personal) injury lawsuits has declined significantly over the past decades, and represent maybe 6 or 7 percent of all lawsuits. Business have picked up the slack, suing each other and suing municipalities with great vigor.

Also, a person doesn't need to suffer physical harm in order to file a suit. In any bargain, each side must meet its obligations. Carnival certainly has waivers up the ying-yang in its contract, but I suspect that in many cases a judge might find them indefensible and unconscionable, especially under circumstances such as those found in the Triumph episode.

The cruise industry contracts, such as Carnival's, have been uniformly upheld by the courts. We are talking about the purchase of a luxury item, not a necessity. You don't like the terms of the contract, don't board the ship.

The cruise industry contracts, such as Carnival's, have been uniformly upheld by the courts. We are talking about the purchase of a luxury item, not a necessity. You don't like the terms of the contract, don't board the ship.

Absolutely inaccurate. They have not been uniformly upheld. Many defendants have successfully sued the cruise lines, and many more settlements have occurred out of court.

The issue of luxury item vs necessity has nothing to do obligations in the relationship between buyers and sellers.

Absolutely inaccurate. They have not been uniformly upheld. Many defendants have successfully sued the cruise lines, and many more settlements have occurred out of court.

The issue of luxury item vs necessity has nothing to do obligations in the relationship between buyers and sellers.

I should have said, "many plaintiffs" not "many defendants." Yikes.

I wish CC had a like button.

Archived